UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Other than showing the current waves, the only mention of Trek at the panel was a question about whether they'd be doing more TNG stuff. They said they wouldn't be doing an all-TNG wave as they felt the mixed wave format had been more successful sales wise. But there wasn't really any mention of whether wave 2 was even in the planning stage yet. I would guess it may be like Battle Beasts, where they're going to wait a while to gauge sales and move forward with any line planning for next year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's frustrating not having the TNG crew. The original series gets made, then we get a taste of the other shows, then line is gone. Line comes back and basically remakes the last wave again. Whatever, I get it, the Captains wave. But having to wait wave by wave to fill the TNG crew should not be a long and arduous process. Worf,Data,Riker,Troi,Crusher, please just make them already. Worf /Counselor Troi first, come on!

And if you have to do the same format as before, sneak Miles O"Brien in the next DS9 pack.

Anybody have suggestions for Wave 2? 3?

Forget the TNG or DS9 stuff, give me more TOS!!! I want aliens and lot's of them. Orions, and Tellarites, and Andorians, oh my...

I want something from TNG and First Contact in something other than command red. Personally I hope for Data in series 2.

It doesn't matter if it's TOS or TNG or any of the others. I'll buy them in multiples.

I don't have a problem with any particular crew taking "forever" to complete so long as the line continues to be successful by offering something for everything. A series dedicated to one show will automatically alienate fans of all other shows and movies. (Unless they're like me and a fan of ALL Trek.)

In my opinion, the only product that should be dedicated to a specific show, movie, or episode is a single SKU, whether that's ONE 2-pack, 4-pack, or whatever. For example, if a retailer who's got a hard-on for Deep Space Nine wants to offer an exclusive box set that includes the entire cast all at once, I don't have a problem with that.

All that said, I'd love it if these things came out more frequently, like two or three times a year. That might not sound like much but when you consider specialty gets a different offering than TRU, it's a lot.

I'm very happy with the mixed assortments and looking forward to whatever Minimates DST can offer with this property.

I finally received my "Trouble with Tribbles" Enterprise yesterday and overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Of course, as a Trekkie, I've got some nitpicks but it's got some cool stuff going on. I may post a more detailed review later but for now, I'm looking forward to my I.S.S. Enterprise.

I'd love it if these things came out more frequently, like two or three times a year. That might not sound like much but when you consider specialty gets a different offering than TRU, it's a lot.

If they keep TRU and LCS assortments at the same time, at least twice a year sounds good. Once a year isn't enough and you might lose sales with the attention span of some people.

Edited by Big Ape

The line's going to continue.

"Third time's a charm," right?

I fully expect the line to continue, but who knows for how long. I do hope though that no matter how long it lasts (whether 2 waves or 20) that there is plenty of customization potential in what gets released.

My TRU got in 2 more cases about a week ago, and yesterday when I stopped back by, all the sets were still there like peg warmers, with the exception of the Janeway / 7 of 9 sets. I hope these don't end up like Battle Beasts at my TRU. Huge inventory, and no sales means no more Trek minimates for Fayetteville...

My TRU got in 2 more cases about a week ago, and yesterday when I stopped back by, all the sets were still there like peg warmers, with the exception of the Janeway / 7 of 9 sets. I hope these don't end up like Battle Beasts at my TRU. Huge inventory, and no sales means no more Trek minimates for Fayetteville...

You still have BB? If so, let me know. I will take some!

If more Trek minimates are dependent on TRU then this will be a one and done line. The 3 TRU's around me are onto their 2nd/3rd cases and sales are stagnant, even the Janeway/7 of 9 packs aren't selling (If anyone wants a Janeway/7 of 9 for cost plus shipping, send me a PM and I can hook you up).

Even with the new movies Trek isn't a "brick and mortar store" property. It doesn't sell to kids and doesn't make for visually interesting toys.

If comic book shop/online sales numbers are acceptable then the line could last for awhile.

While I have some concerns about how the second and third cases will sell at TRU, isn't it just a bit early to be calling them pegwarmers? Didn't the first cases just start hitting stores 5-6 weeks ago? I've yet to see any minimate line that burns through three cases in that amount of time at my TRUs.

You know what else might bump sales? Showing designs for a second series at NYCC.

I get the distinct feeling that collectors might be holding back because they're waiting to see what the level of commitment is from retailers and DST. Which is basically a catch-22, I know. If AA shows different colored uniforms and noggins like Worf and B'Elanna, it could bring in more customizers.

That's a lot of ships. I'm wondering how many I will have when it's all said and done. The couple TRUs by me are mostly sold out. The Kirk/Khan pack is what i see. My LCS sold out on day one, there's a bunch of fans that don't normally buy minimates.

make more of them!