UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Zach earlier on, set 4 will be a TOS Kirk and Khan. No pictures have shown up yet, still waiting.

Take care,

Matty-lad

I thought I'd heard on two different occasions that it was either the exact same pack as the LCBS set, or that it was different but still movie based and not tv show Khan.

Heck, just make Khan the same with battle damage pieces to create a second look, with Kirk in his standard uniform with the lapel down and bloody and I'd be happy! I hope it's not the TV show Khan because there was one in old wave 3 that's still on clearance online!

Thank you, Matty-lad. I am sure I knew that but I forgot. Thank you for reminding me. I hope it is a Battle-scarred Khan and Kirk with his lapel down and bloody.

t-af_strekmm_s3set.jpg

Diamond Select Toys
Star Trek
TOS Minimates: Series 3 Complete Set of Four 2-Packs
IN STOCK
MSRP: $31.96
OUR PRICE: $10.00

Are you sure TOS Kirk and Khan are a good pairing to re-launch the line? I picked up like 4 of these for customs because they were so cheap and they still have more at http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Category_ID=40&ChildCategory_ID=179.

t-af_strekmm_s3set.jpg

Diamond Select Toys

Star Trek

IN STOCK

Are you sure TOS Kirk and Khan are a good pairing to re-launch the line? I picked up like 4 of these for customs because they were so cheap and they still have more at http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Category_ID=40&ChildCategory_ID=179.

1. I do not know how many of Series 3 Corner Store Comics ordered, or how big their client base is, but they ordered the new series, I see.

2. This is at TRU. TRU has never carried Star Trek Minimates. Who can say what will sell there and what will not?

3. We're launching with an assortment, not two figures, so it's not all on those two guys.

4. This assortment is a lot more diverse, visually and era-wise, than Series 3.

5. It's a much cooler Khan outfit, and a much more recognizable Kirk outfit to casual Trek fans.

6. The new Star Trek movie stars Kirk in a gold shirt and someone who may or may not be Khan. It comes out May 17.

7. Kirk is still the most recognizable Trek character.

8. Series 4 and 5 seem to have sold okay with Kirks in them.

9. Even Series 3 will probably sell out once we release the new assortment.

Edited by Zach Oat

t-af_strekmm_s3set.jpg

Diamond Select Toys

Star Trek

IN STOCK

1. I do not know how many Corner Store Comics ordered, or who their client base is.

2. This is at TRU. TRU has never carried Star Trek Minimates. Who can say what will sell there and what will not?

3. We're launching with an assortment, not two figures, so it's not all on those two guys.

4. This assortment is a lot more diverse, visually and era-wise, than Series 3.

5. It's a much cooler Khan outfit, and a much more recognizable Kirk outfit to casual Trek fans.

6. The Star Trek movie stars Kirk in a gold shirt and someone who may or may not be Khan. It comes out May 17.

7. Kirk is still the most recognizable Trek character.

8. Series 4 and 5 seem to have sold okay with Kirks in them.

9. Even this series will probably sell out once we start making more.

10. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

"9. Even this series will probably sell out once we start making more."

So, is this confimation we're going to get wave 2?? :)

And the pic looks good! Thanks for giving us a different outfit TOS Khan! If I get an extra I'll headsap it with the old one since that new likeness is better. And nice new Kirk Toupee!

"9. Even this series will probably sell out once we start making more."

So, is this confimation we're going to get wave 2?? :)

No, I meant the old Series 3 would sell out once new collectors discover Star Trek Minimates. They're going to want more characters, and it looks like that Series will be the only one still at retail, and at bargain prices to boot. When we announced new Star Trek ships and role play, all of the slow sellers vanished. Series 2 is not confirmed yet, but I have high hopes. Edited by Zach Oat

I'm liking what I've seen of the new stuff but I'm still sceptical whether these will fare any better than the (two) previous efforts.

Here's a rather nice picture I came across post-638-0-69280800-1364731682_thumb.jpg

It IS a great picture but I'm not a Trek fan so maybe that's the reason I could never get too excited about a line of 42 Minimates where 28 of them were just black from the waist down .

Regards the availability of old waves, the first two waves of ST Minimates are hard to find but this guy has 68 cases of Series 4 for sale ,,,,,,http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-Tos-40Th-Anniversary-Minimates-4-Case-Of-12-/261100686217?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3ccad04b89 ....who's going to pay that ???

...........Series 4 was released four & a half years ago !

I wish these well....of course I do ....& we should take heart that TRU transformed the Battlestar minimate line from mundane to magnificent with their 2 waves.

Series 2 is not confirmed yet, but I have high hopes.

BRB, ordering more cases....Plus, I plan on making sure no sets pegwarm any LA area TRU!

Looking at that new TOS Kirk makes me wish DST would give us just a few waves of Forbidden Planet Minimates!!

Honestly, as much as I want more unmade Trek minimates, I wouldn't complain about a Gorn re-make! Surely some retailer would want a battle-damaged Kirk & Gorn 2-pack.

I hope any re-makes of the core TOS cast includes that cool new leather belt the TRU Kirk has - that piece is incredible! And I like the new, smaller-profile rectangular boot-cuffs.Nicely done!

Remember, when it comes to Army-Building, remember TOS Scotty - he continues to be highly sought after on ebay due to many people QC'ing redshirt customs. Maybe include extra parts/torso to make both a standard Scotty and either Mirror Mirror or Dress Uniform Scotty, which are still missing and would round out the original collection nicely. And of course, pack him with a Romulan please! Ultimate army-builder set!

Still regret missing out on Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura. Those three would complete my bridge crew. But c'est la vie. Time to see about collecting a whole new line of Trekmates!

I think it's safe to assume that if sales do well and they go on to make wave 2 and more, then the chances are high we'll see the TOS bridge crew remade, the same as TOS Kirk now has 4 new versions coming out. (TRU with leather belt, the rest with each Enterprise vehicle: Standard with standard Ent., Green Tunic with Triibles & Ent., Mirror Mirror with ISS Ent)