UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

I really, quite genuinely hope there isn't some big secret villain . . .i think.

We've got a lot of plot in this film already if each avenger is to be done justice. Plus Loki's story. Plus the invading horde of aliens.

Plus - we'll never a MiniMate of the main villain if it's anyone other than Loki. He'll/She'll be relegated to the halls of missed time-frame minimates that never were like Armoured Whiplash & XMFC Banshee.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are getting another named villain though arnt we?

we've got:

specialty wave

Cap/Ironman

Thor/Hulk

Maria/Army Builder

Mystery Villain/Army Builder

TRU wave:

Hawkeye/Black Widdow

Loki/Fury

unless im missing something, i think there has to be another name-able character.

the way i see it is its either Banner (and hulk will be manipulated ALA actual Avengers origin)

or we will see some big villain (Anhilious, Thanos, Super Skrull, Etc) that Loki will kind of "push" to earth, Loki's a master of manipulation, he doesnt lead troops into battle, he gets others to do it for him, i think what we are seeing is Loki tricking some other species into attacking earth and then reaping the benefits. Also wasnt there a new species in recent Thor comics that could fit this bill? or am i just remembering it wrong...

EDIT: no one thinks the villain could be Kang and this could be his army of future evolved humans or something? would explain the giant portal and could possibly explain robo fin fang foom

Edited by undeadpool

that is basically my point, most people are assuming we're getting another specific character, but that extra mate seems to simply be REDACTED GENERAL.

that could mean all manner of things.

There appears to be something printed on the back of the Lego foot soldier' head. Alternate face maybe? Maybe that's the real face that's the secret...

This explains what's on the back of the heads. Ho hum:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-6865-MARVEL-SUPER-HEROES-ALIEN-FOOT-SOLDIER-ALIEN-GENERAL-MINIFIGURE-NEW-/180856524007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1be38ce7

Top three guesses?

1. Asgardian Demon from Pickahiem. Thor said Asgard is a place where magic and science are the same thing. Several aspects of the Golden Realm looks as much high tech as magical. Serpents run rampent in Norse mythology, which would explain the serpent ship. Just because the Frost Giants have regressed to barbarism doesn't mean the other realms have.

2. New Men Knights of Wundagore. It would explain the animalistic appearance, the Atomic Steed looking sky craft, and the medival tech looking armor. Just a lot of little visual clues that remind me more of the Knight than anything else. High Evolutionary optional.

3. Makluans. Shapeshifting dragon men, best known as Fin Fang Foom's people and the source of the Mandarin's rings. Fits the "not Skrulls" category, and thus a transforming Hill rumored, and sets up Mandi for IM3 nicely.

While the Lego sets do not give anything away, the board game that first leaked images of pink Skrulls does in fact say Skrulls on the box. Not that the game follows the movie....

I really, quite genuinely hope there isn't some big secret villain . . .i think.

We've got a lot of plot in this film already if each avenger is to be done justice. Plus Loki's story. Plus the invading horde of aliens.

Plus - we'll never a MiniMate of the main villain if it's anyone other than Loki. He'll/She'll be relegated to the halls of missed time-frame minimates that never were like Armoured Whiplash & XMFC Banshee.

I am honestly fine with no Final Battle Whiplash (I like the racetrack 'Lash & comic Crimson Dynamo we got) or First Class Banshee (I'd rather have 616 Sean).

I am not fine with only having Volstagg. I prefer the movie versions of the Warriors Three, and not having Hogun or Fandral upsets me as much as toys (or lack thereof) could. <_<

I am not fine with only having Volstagg. I prefer the movie versions of the Warriors Three, and not having Hogun or Fandral upsets me as much as toys (or lack thereof) could. dry.gif

Agreed. I guess if you include Heimdall with them, we were one boxset away from having every main character in the movie. That's just a shame when you look at how Hasbro put out so little product, but managed to get all of the heroes in (regardless of how hard it was to get them all).

1334003747[/url]' post='220193']
1333503232[/url]' post='219779']

I am honestly fine with no Final Battle Whiplash (I like the racetrack 'Lash & comic Crimson Dynamo we got) or First Class Banshee (I'd rather have 616 Sean).

I am not fine with only having Volstagg. I prefer the movie versions of the Warriors Three, and not having Hogun or Fandral upsets me as much as toys (or lack thereof) could. <_<

I agree wholeheartedly! Somehow, Volstagg, Selvig and T-shirt Thor just don't measure up as the Warriors Three. confused.gif

I'm holding out hope that we get the rest of the Warriors Three and Heimdall with Thor 2. We will get a new Thor (obviously), probably another Loki (although with Thor and Avengers, I'm not sure we will need another one), and I'm guessing we will get another Jane Foster (as we got a Pepper Potts with each Iron Man wave) but I'm hoping they skip Odin, Sif, Frost Giants, Asgardian Guards as the first releases were perfect. There will most likely be a few new characters introduced, but that should still leave some spots for supporting characters like Heimdall and Warriors Three.

DST wanted to do them, hence the design sheets, but I think the problem was that the missing characters were supposed to be a retailer exclusive that ultimately fell through (I think it was due to Borders going out-of-business, not 100% sure though). Here are the design sheets for Hogun, Fandral, Powered Up Thor, not sure we ever saw a sheet for Heimdall though.

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Hogun.jpg

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Fandral.jpg

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Thor-Powered-Up.jpg

Man, I wish we had gotten this hairpiece with Loki...

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Loki-v2.jpg

Hey, are those pics of Hasbro's 4" versions of THE REDACTED? All shiny and golden-armor like? This sounds like something you should look at.

Its like the legos all over again, looks great but no bloody clue what the hell they are!

I think I read somewhere that there was a premier/screening on the 11th so we may no more on the 12th