UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heads are blank grey underneath (I said I was PRETTY SURE we never got that reference), and the general does come with a different gun, but I don't think it's that one. You can see it better here:

newgroup.jpg

...Actually, it might be something vaguely resembling that one. Perhaps we weren't given a context for it? Might require a mod to be fully screen accurate.

Hey wait a minute!!!

Zach, the Hulk in that picture has closed fist while the one in your poster-styled preview had open hands.... which can we expect with the final versions?! (I want those open hands!! is this going to be like the Thing where we never get the opened handed Mega-Raged hands?!)

Did it sound like Ant-Man wouldn't be making it into an Avengers sequel?

I was kinda hopin for a Hank & Janet cameo in this film with the potential for more fleshed out characters in a sequel, but the interview made it sound like Ant-Man would be it's own project and that it might not be able to cross over into Avengers . . .

My understanding was that Whedon wouldn't be involved in any of the individual projects (like Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, Cap 2, etc), but once a character has been established (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie) then the character could also be added to a future ensemble project (Avengers 2, etc)

I don't think Marvel has cast anyone for Hank or Janet yet, so I wasn't very hopeful for a cameo. Once we hear casting news, then all bets are off.

Everything I've heard about this movie is that it finally gives the Hulk a chance to shine. I'm kind of hoping that it could lead to another shot at a solo Hulk film, maybe directed by Whedon. I would hate for the chracter to get relegated to only being the 'big gun' that gets pulled out for a new Avengers movie.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a new Hulk movie to come out of Avengers, if anything so that maybe we'll finally get an all comic Hulk Minimate wave. I'd love to see Zzzax, A-Bomb, Red She-Hulk, mid transformation Banner, Doc Samson, GITD Hulk or a Wendigo troop builder (not that I've given it much thought or anything).

And nice to see you finally on-board with the movement yb.

My guess would be that since this new actor is likely to be a bit more flexible with his schedule than his Banner predecessors, Hulk sequels will be forth coming. If Norton and Marvel had had a better working relationship, it probably would have happened already.

Still weird to have an Avengers origin movie with 'Tashsa and Clint instead of Hank and Jan, but I'm over it... mostly.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a new Hulk movie to come out of Avengers, if anything so that maybe we'll finally get an all comic Hulk Minimate wave. I'd love to see Zzzax, A-Bomb, Red She-Hulk, mid transformation Banner, Doc Samson, GITD Hulk or a Wendigo troop builder (not that I've given it much thought or anything).

And nice to see you finally on-board with the movement yb.

Great list, there are a lot of classic Hulk characters that would work great as Minimates, don't forget we still need brainey-headed Leader!

You laid claim to SG after the Kang fiasco finally comes to an end, just doing my part... :thumbsup:

This is kind of my wish-list film, that I really hope happens with one of the Avengers sequels.

A 2 hour non-stop action epic that opens with the Avengers fighting a random villain (or maybe Wrecking Crew) for the first part of the movie, then having to deal with trying to subdue Hulk while he rampages through New York City for the rest of the movie, maybe that could be the way to introduce Hank and Janet, have them be the ones that finally take Hulk down and then they get brought onto the team.

Wait, both Groundhog and YouBastards are on the Squirrel Girl bandwagon? Well, then it's inevitable. Since you guys are, as I like to call you, the King Makers. I only humbly request that you not forget about Rocket Raccoon on the way to the factory.

It is going to be confusing to have you both sporting Squirrel Girl icons, though.... :wacko:

Wait, both Groundhog and YouBastards are on the Squirrel Girl bandwagon? Well, then it's inevitable. Since you guys are, as I like to call you, the King Makers. I only humbly request that you not forget about Rocket Raccoon on the way to the factory.

It is going to be confusing to have you both sporting Squirrel Girl icons, though.... :wacko:

That first part is a very humbling statement, hp. I put my pants on just like any other member here does, the only difference is my pockets are full of SHIELD agents. And I fully support the Squirrel Girl/Rocket Raccoon 2-pack totally.

I love the idea of the Wrecking Crew in a movie. And you know the more I think about it, the Avengers movie really does seem to be taken out of the pages of Ultimates (focus on Clint and Natasha, huge team up to fight aliens, etc). I'm just hoping if that's the case the Hulk eats the lead alien and they have to collect his poop later to keep the villian contained. Having said all that, seeing an Avengers vs a rampagin Hulk would fit perfectly too.

I put my pants on just like any other member here does

Except, of course, as we all know MINIMATE MULTIVERSE MEMBERS DON'T WEAR PANTS. Am I right, guys? Guys? :ermm:

I love the idea of the Wrecking Crew in a movie. And you know the more I think about it, the Avengers movie really does seem to be taken out of the pages of Ultimates (focus on Clint and Natasha, huge team up to fight aliens, etc). I'm just hoping if that's the case the Hulk eats the lead alien and they have to collect his poop later to keep the villian contained. Having said all that, seeing an Avengers vs a rampagin Hulk would fit perfectly too.

Well, part of the idea behind the Ultimates line was to create a template for film adaptations. And, as Mark Millar in particular is incapable of writing a comic that doesn't read like a movie treatment, it makes sense that Ultimates would be the de facto basis for the movie.

the only difference is my pockets are full of SHIELD agents

It's true, at C2E2 I actually watched him try to buy a JJJ/SHIELD Agent pack using loose SHIELD Agents as currency. I tried to explain that it wouldn't work in his favor but he just grunted at me and walked away...

Like seriously, what country was that dealer from? I didn't realize there were places in the world where troop builders didn't buy stuff. From the look on his face, you'd have thought I was trying to pay for things with Shockinis or something. :rolleyes:

My hope was that Thor 2 would have focused more on Thor on Earth, with some of his Earth-based villains like Absorbing Man or the Wrecking Crew, and more of Thor trying to adjust to to modern American culture. But it sound like they are wanting to go into a more solidly Asgardian direction... and that's fun too. Hoping for Amora and Skurge as the villains if their determinded to stay in the Golden Relm. You gotta end with a big Odin vrs Surtur battle for all the marbles in Thor 3 though. With Odin's sons standing together in defence of Asgard for your final fight, Odin dying, but taking the fire demon with him... all very Simonson.

I'm more curious to see what Cap 2 will bring. They've said it will focus on Cap adjusting the his new circumstances, but what else will they bring in? Baron Zemo? the Falcon? Batroc the Leaper? To me if you are planning this as a trilogy (which is what Evans is contracted for) then the return of the Red Skull and the Winter Soldier is your third movie big finish. But who to use inbetween?

Hulk's main problem is he has a lot of foes who can fill an issue, but not many that can carry a movie. Ross and the Leader are about it there, with one of his various physical threats to keep it interesting. Unfortunately I think Rhino was included in the Spider-Man/Sony deal, so he's out. The U-Foes would be visiually cool, so would ZZZaxx.

And it's certainly a mix of Ultimates and 616 for the Avengers movie- the whole forming under the auspices of SHIELD to fight alien invaders is clearly Ultimates, while the idea it's all one of Loki's revenge plots that inadventantly brings the team together is very 616.

For Cap, i think the best possible sequels solution would be (i didn't realize howl long these were, forgive me...):

2. Red Skull's big return. I won't say my plan for how he is, as it involved an Avengers spoiler, but he's back and rebuilding HYDRA. Viper and Von Strucker have been keeping things hidden and in-line, preparing for the day to rise again. Red Skull returns, as a shock to HYDRA, and Viper is not okay with him expecting to lead again. Cap at the time is still adjusting to the new world, spending most of his time with 'Tasha and Clint. Clint of course, isn't okay with this (i'm going on the creepy brother-sister vibe like Ultimate Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver), and pushes away, and Widow will want to patch things, leaving Cap alone. He meets a new SHIELD Agent, who turns out to be Sharon Carter, and you know the rest there. HYDRA does their big epic attack, Cap has to mobilize, and their ultimate downfall is that Viper and Skull's feud tears the organization apart, allowing Cap to take them out again. The ending would see Cap as adjusted as he can be, with a girlfriend, friends, and knowing just who he really is and that America needs Cap. Red Skull is seen talking to a certain robotic man saying, "Kill one and two more will take its place, Mister Zola. Hail HYDRA." "Hail AIM." (Makes more sense then MODOK)

3. Strictly Winter Soldier. Open with Red Skull's death for shock and awe, follow the story practically verbatim, introducing AIM as well, and about halfway through reveal the Soldier. Cap defeats and saves Bucky 3/4s of the way, and then they come together to take down AIM, like the good old days. End it with Skull taking over Zola's body and them defeating him once and for all, and i think you;ve got a solid threequel.

Wow, those were long.....Sorry, again. ANYWAYYYY...Really curious as to Hawkeye's characterization. I like him in the first Ultimate's, but even there he had minor dialogue. I really hope we get Ultimate Clint's abilities, look, and lone wolf aspects with 616's wit, asshole-iness, and style. Black Widow, well, Scarlett is still fantastic. She evens makes me question if comics Widow even has a Russian accent.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Damn! I'm not a Hulk fan - but that series would ROCK! Transparent Zzzax, Red Shulk with her big-ass sword from the Mighty. This would be a killer wave!

Very toyetic wave.

Damn! I'm not a Hulk fan - but that series would ROCK! Transparent Zzzax, Red Shulk with her big-ass sword from the Mighty. This would be a killer wave!

Very toyetic wave.

wendigo troop builder sounds awesome! and would make a sasquatch custom easy! but if it couldnt be done, hulkbuster troops or SHIELD mandroids would also fit nicely...or those people the leader had (forgot their name)

Found this surprise at TRU during lunch. I will post better pictures tonight.

3x Widow/Hawkeye and 3x Fury/Loki in the case.

These were not in the minimates or the big avengers display in the front but were in the original avengers section in the action figure aisles.

photo1.jpg