"Yes, hi, I wonder if you could look up an item for me?"

"What is the item?"

"I'm looking for the Avengers Movie Minimates"

"The ventures..."

"No, Avengers"

"Adventures?"

"No Avengers, like the movie coming out. Avengers... movie... Minimates"

"Please hold"

(the entirety of Cindy Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun")

"Hello?"

"Yes, hi."

"So you want the Avengers..."

"Mini. Mates."

"Okay, which one are you looking for?"

"I just wanted to see if you have them in stock. Do you have an item number for them?"

"I can look and see if we have them. Which one do you want?"

(sigh)

"Okay, I'm looking for the set with Hawkeye."

"Hawk's Eye?"

"... yeah."

"Okay, hold on."

(another song later)

"Okay, you want the Mini Muggs Hawk's Eye? Yes, we have that one."

"Right, thanks."

(bangs phone on desk)

Granted, the (intentionally?) confusingly-similar name is most... unhelpful when dealing with TRU CSRs.

I don't have time for many pictures but here's some info and pics.

TRU Item number from receipt: 699788722930 (cashier rang them up as 6 of the same one)

Price: $7.99

Cool new pieces: Hulk hands (they are open and have fingers)

Captain America shield - shiny metallic paint (looks awesome)

Widow & Fury gun holsters - new design much better than older holsters

Hawkeye bow - It's a new piece but it's very flimsy.

Overall, the only one I don't like is Iron Man. The giant helmet and shoulder piece looks weird and top heavy. As a group display though, they are awesome!!

SDC11134.jpg

SDC11136.jpg

SDC11137.jpg

SDC11138.jpg

SDC11139.jpg

SDC11140.jpg

SDC11135.jpg

SDC11141.jpg

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

SDC11143.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

Wow, color me impressed. Those look fantastic.

As expected, Hawkeye is the best followed closely by Cap. They'll both be my new go-to versions. Hawkeye could possibly become my new favorite mate, looking at him.

Widow looks incredible, but i think i'm going to swap her head with either old Widow or Natalie Rushman; i was sold on the face from the side, but straight-on, something is off. Glad to have the old ScarJos for this, really.

Overall, these look great! I really like that Movie Nick Fury and that awesome grenade launcher!

Quibble I have: Much like the Thing, it's too bad that Hulk is going to also suffer from "some have great hands, some have so-so hands". I wish there was some uniformity with this... as the forthcoming "Smart Hulk" shown at C2E2 shows the basic, non-fingered hands this one does. If it did come with those new ones, you could easily swap 'em on the Series 43 version.

Overall, these look great! I really like that Movie Nick Fury and that awesome grenade launcher!

Quibble I have: Much like the Thing, it's too bad that Hulk is going to also suffer from "some have great hands, some have so-so hands". I wish there was some uniformity with this... as the forthcoming "Smart Hulk" shown at C2E2 shows the basic, non-fingered hands this one does. If it did come with those new ones, you could easily swap 'em on the Series 43 version.

I'm sure these new hands will get re-used at some point.

I'm sure these new hands will get re-used at some point.

Not trying to bring the thread down, but I really do hope so, both for classic Hulk and for the Thing (especially). :)

I wasn't planning on picking these up asap, but now... yeah, I think I may have to.

These look great. I'm definitely picking up an extra Hawkeye/Widow set to go with the Ultimates. Another question for you, Fwoosheyman, is Cap a little shorter with these boots? In the solo pic, he looks a little squatter, but I can't really tell in the group pic. Could be an optical illusion.