UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........ Tarantula .........

Why is it that he is such a rarity? I remember X3 jean was that way for a while, but she seems to have become quite abundant recently. . . yet T seems to remain elusive.

X3 Jean (packaged)is still rare . X3 minimates coincided with one of the bad times for Minimates ,my view is that many more were made in China than reached the retail market.

Tarantula....... as a Minimate variant....... is unique in many ways ,not least the fact that he has little in common with Kraven ,the corresponding non-variant in Wave 24, I'm talking parts re-use,paint,moulds,tampos.

Wave 24 was a defining moment in Minimate history because it coincided with TRU Wave 1 & my belief is that production numbers for these 2 waves were conservative especially as 3 of the items were identical including the packaging(?). I also recall (I may be wrong) that Wave 24 sold out rather quickly perhaps due to popularity,few numbers or both.

As I always stress this is just my opinion......either way Tarantula is rare as is Kraven.

(Unlike the Spider-Woman variant for example where she may as well be same person different costumes)

Jessica Drew is not the same character as Julia Carpenter. They don't even do the same thing or have the same powers. That's like calling Ben Riley and Peter Parker the same character (which actually you can make that argument better because they're CLONES)

(Unlike the Spider-Woman variant for example where she may as well be same person different costumes)

Jessica Drew is not the same character as Julia Carpenter. They don't even do the same thing or have the same powers. That's like calling Ben Riley and Peter Parker the same character (which actually you can make that argument better because they're CLONES)

I'm talking about the uneducated masses. I know the difference. But average Minimate consumers might just say it's a costume variant. That mistake is impossible with Tarantula. In other words Tarantula doesn't LOOK like a costume variant. Jessica does.

Nessex, couldnt u just get a Iron fist for cheaper. Same mask.

yeah - good tip. I've been keeping an eye out for him too, but he's not cheap enough for me to buy knowing i only want the mask either.

I'm talking about the uneducated masses. I know the difference. But average Minimate consumers might just say it's a costume variant. That mistake is impossible with Tarantula. In other words Tarantula doesn't LOOK like a costume variant. Jessica does.

But... they look nothing alike. They don't even have the same hair color. Or lip color! Anyone can see they're not the same character. That's like saying "I don't know who these people are, so White Tiger and Classic White Tiger must be the same character. Even though one has boobs."

y'see what he means though, someone may think they don't need Spider-Woman II as they have Spider-Woman, or they don't need Classic WT as they have the modern one... but few people will not bother trying to get Tarantula as they did manage to get Kraven... tis not normal!

• 2 weeks later...

Hawt! Thanks for sharing!

Also, I like that you have a decimal equivalents cheat sheet taped to your monitor. I do too! :)

Actually, that's Uriel's monitor. I use his desk when I shoot stuff because my desk is a mess. I also borrow his mouse. (Shhh.) Just realized that you guys probably care more about what's underneath, so...

dsc08863.jpg

dsc08865.jpg

Sorry they're so big. Again -- early samples, but probably pretty close to final.

Oooh, shiny. I'm digging the Sentry.

Are we getting a hairpiece with Ant Man?

That was the plan. I didn't get one today, but I can't see that changing. Hair pieces are kinda de rigeur, as far as I can tell.

Really hoping the tampo on the back of Sentry's leg carries over into production, these look nice.

I hope so, too, to prevent thong issues. The front-of-the-leg tampo extends past the boot, as well.

Here you go Zach, you earned it. :thumbsup:

275px-Beef_jerky.jpg

[in his haste to devour a jpeg, Zach bangs head on monitor, blacks out, dreams of jerky.]

Edited by Zach Oat