UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Don't care much for the characters, but the mates themselves look pretty great. I am VERY happy to see back/rear tampos again. Please keep it up!

Thanks for the "meh," TM2. It means a lot. <_<

Shot on the train platform:

sentry1.jpg

sentry2.jpg

Great balloons, by the way, MiniMyte.

See this is where we get into a Ghost debate-

Old Ghost

476294-g4.jpg

or new Ghost

891580-ghost.png

I think the new design, it's creepy and all. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the original costume,

Meh. Don't care much for the characters, but the mates themselves look pretty great. I am VERY happy to see back/rear tampos again. Please keep it up!

Seem he was more "meh" on the character choices, than themates themselves.

Maybe it would help for TM2 to know this is the 616 version of the robot the Kree sent Earth and fought the Avengers and Captain Mar-Vell in the EMH episode "459". And that this is the guy who took over the Ant-Man identity when Pym finally gave it up to play Yellow Jacket.

Edited by Mirymate

Shot on the train platform:

sentry1.jpg

sentry2.jpg

Great balloons, by the way, MiniMyte.

I wish you'd had a little briefcase for him to carry, Zach.

Old Ghost

476294-g4.jpg

or new Ghost

891580-ghost.png

I think the new design, it's creepy and all. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the original costume,

Sorry to hijack, but let's be honest here. We need new Ghost, soooooo bad ass. Aside from his BS origin story from Thunderbolts 151. Either way I will be purchasing 2 Ant Man's, one will definitely be a custom Ghost.

See this is where we get into a Ghost debate- I think the new design, it's creepy and all. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the original costume,

I love the Old Ghost. So, so much. I'd push for him to be totally translucent. Maybe the rare variant...

Maybe it would help for TM2 to know this is the 616 version of the robot the Kree sent Earth and fought the Avengers and Captain Mar-Vell in the EMH episode "459". And that this is the guy who took over the Ant-Man identity when Pym finally gave it up to play Yellow Jacket.

Oh, I know what he was "meh" on. I just figured we were beyond character criticism and had moved on to focus on the Mates themselves. I have read maybe two Sentry stories, but I still think he looks great. That said, if people want to pretend he's a Sentinel, they're welcome to.

Got these in the mail today. Not the coolest thing in the box, but I can't tell you about the other stuff, so I figured I'd try to get you guys excited for this wave a little. Early samples, so probably not completely final, but there you go.

dsc08852.jpg

First thing that popped into my head on seeing this picture is the Benny Hill music.

Got these in the mail today. Not the coolest thing in the box, but I can't tell you about the other stuff, so I figured I'd try to get you guys excited for this wave a little. Early samples, so probably not completely final, but there you go.

dsc08852.jpg

First thing that popped into my head on seeing this picture is the Benny Hill music.

It DOES make it better. Good suggestion MF UK. :lol:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

OH! Cool.

And Zach. I didn't say I wouldn't buy them. And it's not a criticism of character choice. The mates look good. I just don't have a clue who they are, therefore aren't that excited. You want to see excitement, go back to the Jean DeWolfe thread and look at my reaction there. Minimates is intended to appeal to a wide range of collectors, from the best of wave for new guys, to Jean DeWolfe for Spidey fans, to this one for Avengers. You can't hit every single person every time. So, you know, chill mate. :)

Old Ghost

476294-g4.jpg

or new Ghost

891580-ghost.png

I think the new design, it's creepy and all. But I have a soft spot in my heart for the original costume.

Who's he girl in the sports bra? Can we get a 2 pack with her in it? :woot:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Old Ghost

476294-g4.jpg

or new Ghost

891580-ghost.png

I'm sorry Old Ghost. You're cool enough but HOLY JEEZ is the new Ghost an AWESOME looking design. My vote goes to him. If i could customize worth a damn I'd be getting myself an extra Scott Lang. As it is, one for me only. Too bad... That means it falls to you DST. Your mission, and you choose to accept it, is a Ghost/Female SHIELD agent 2 pack with variant Translucent Ghost/Female SHIELD agent. Good luck agent DST.

Somebody has to get a bunch of those Sentinels and do a stop-motion hallway scene to that music.

Brilliant.

And new Ghost. Translucent old Ghost would be excellent, but of the two, I love new Ghost so much more.

And I'm looking forward to this wave a lot more since Zach posted these pics. I really only planned to get Ant Man and Giant Man, and initially wasn't too keen on it, but now. Good Lord, Lang alone makes it worthwhile. He looks awesome.

Oh, I know what he was "meh" on. I just figured we were beyond character criticism and had moved on to focus on the Mates themselves.

Heh. Keep forgetting you're still new here. "Moved on" is not a phrase used a lot around here.

And all chases are better with Yakety Sax playing in the background!

And Zach. I didn't say I wouldn't buy them. And it's not a criticism of character choice. The mates look good. I just don't have a clue who they are, therefore aren't that excited. You want to see excitement, go back to the Jean DeWolfe thread and look at my reaction there. Minimates is intended to appeal to a wide range of collectors, from the best of wave for new guys, to Jean DeWolfe for Spidey fans, to this one for Avengers. You can't hit every single person every time. So, you know, chill mate. :)

No, you're right, not every Mate is for everybody, which is why some people don't like the characters they don't know in this wave, and some don't like the characters they know TOO well. But if you like the look of them, and may buy them, why "meh"? If you don't know who these two guys are, then I'm assuming we make a LOT of Marvel 'Mates you don't know, so this can't be an unusual occurrence. Just seemed like a overtly negative comment to make, is all.

Any figures in this wave you WOULD like to see more pics of?

I simply cannot condone any use of the 'word' meh at anytime, it is simply the very worst thing. That said, Scott Lang aside, meh seems pretty kind on this wave... Take it as a compliment.

Yikes. Is there a thread for people who are looking FORWARD to Wave 44? Maybe I'll start one.

Heh. Keep forgetting you're still new here. "Moved on" is not a phrase used a lot around here.

Clearly, I am too close to the source material. I'm taking a "meh" like an attack on my children. I'm like the mother of a reality show contestant, who goes on the show's message boards and gets in arguments. :tongue: