UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread that discussion on kang has entered. I'm more anti-kang than ever now.

As for these sets I like the Heroes Reborn and Professor Hulk alot. I'm hoping down the road they revisit WW Hulk too. Best of wave I like Gobby's new face and I think that's a new face for Sabretooth perhaps?

Another thread that discussion on kang has entered. I'm more anti-kang than ever now.

As for these sets I like the Heroes Reborn and Professor Hulk alot. I'm hoping down the road they revisit WW Hulk too. Best of wave I like Gobby's new face and I think that's a new face for Sabretooth perhaps?

While I haven't looked them all up on Minimate Database, I'm pretty sure they'll all getting new faces. Expect for Iron Man and Spidey, of course.

-The Iron Man and Ant-Men are nice looking additions.

-The Sentry is the one that has me most jazzed. The rest of 'em are pretty much passes.

-'90s Hulk, sure, look nice... but they'll go into my "keep one, buy no extras" bin as soon as it comes out of the package.

I like Cap and Thor, yes, but after Wave 42, plus movie stuff of them... yeesh, this is overkill, fella's. Those are the two biggest disappointments that could've catapulted this wave (in my eyes) to being really great if we'd gotten a couple of all-new characters, be they heroes or villains.

Edited by Mystery Man

Regarding the "Best Of" comic shop wave:

-Thing has a different facial expression, individual fingers on his hands.

-Iron Man looks to be purposefully cast in primary yellow and red instead of a more metallic look, giving a more Silver Aged appearance

-Green Goblin has a new facial expression.

-Sabertooth has a new facial expression.

-Wolverine is in more primary colors.

-Captain America has a new facial expression.

Anybody tell a difference with Spidey or Thor?

Edited by Mystery Man

Thor's got new, better boots- the kind that come with the new Kirby Thor. I really dig the Best of Iron Man. He looks way more classic in yellow than gold. The Kree Sentry, Ant Man, Giant Man, and new IM all look spiffy in wave 44. Hulk looks as fugly as any other Mega Rage grumble grumble grumble grumble.... grumble. Sad to say, I think I've about hit my Cap cap, especially when neither one of these really seem to bring anything new to the table. It's not that they're bad, it's just that right now they seem very unnecessary. At least Thor has a beard. The world needs more beards.

Thor's got new, better boots- the kind that come with the new Kirby Thor. I really dig the Best of Iron Man. He looks way more classic in yellow than gold. The Kree Sentry, Ant Man, Giant Man, and new IM all look spiffy in wave 44. Hulk looks as fugly as any other Mega Rage grumble grumble grumble grumble.... grumble. Sad to say, I think I've about hit my Cap cap, especially when neither one of these really seem to bring anything new to the table. It's not that they're bad, it's just that right now they seem very unnecessary. At least Thor has a beard. The world needs more beards.

No, you misunderstand. I don't mean the beardy Perez-Thor, I mean the re-hash Thor in the "Best Of" series with the Thing, Sabertooth, etc. :)

Upon further reflection, the Green Goblin also has a brown belt, purple leggings on his legs, what appears to be a different bag and cuffed boots.

The Spider-Man has the yucky no-webbing on the insides legs/wrists.

Edited by Mystery Man

Wow. A Captain America that's pretty much exactly the same as Civil War Captain America...and Reborn...and Heroic Age...

Seriously, this is getting bad. Cap and Thor had their turn in the spotlight already. If this is tying into the movie, where's Hawkeye? Black Widow? Nick Fury? Literally any other avenger besides Cap, Thor, or Hulk?

No, you misunderstand. I don't mean the beardy Perez-Thor, I mean the re-hash Thor in the "Best Of" series with the Thing, Sabertooth, etc. :)

Upon further reflection, the Green Goblin also has a brown belt, purple leggings on his legs, what appears to be a different bag and cuffed boots.

The Spider-Man has the yucky no-webbing on the insides legs/wrists.

This Thor has the new boots as well, and what looks like a new chest tampo.

Looks like the Thing will have the proper 3 fingered hands this time around. I just wish DST would give him a sweet full head cap like trench coat Thing, minus the fedora of course.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Looks like the Thing will have the proper 3 fingered hands this time around. I just wish DST would give him a sweet full head cap like trench coat Thing, minus the fedora of course.

Me too. I even commented as much on their Facebook page.

If not, I hope they'll have the plastic head/chest pieces to match the heads color.

I think that is the one thing that is keeping him from being great.... unless the whole body is bulked up, but smooth, with all the cracks being tampos. As it is, his face just doesn't match.....

...but, with the full headcap, he pretty much goes from minimate, to clunky looking action figure.:confused:

Yeah, I was saying that the Best of Thor has the new boots and that I like Wave 44 Thor for his beard.

And Punisher, there are plenty of Avengers other than Cap, IM, Hulk getting mated. There's Spidey and Wolverine too. :P. I'm still holding onto to some hope for Hawkeye and Fury next year. The time couldn't be riper.

Well, of everything that was revealed in these assortments, I see no reason to get any of them. I have every single one of these characters except the Kree Sentry who I have no affection for. I have tried to be positive about the number of retreads minimates have been doing in waves as of late, but this is just absurd. The All Star assortment I get, but wave 44? When we said we wanted more Avengers, this is NOT what we meant.

I'm no IronMan fan, but at least this one is different enough to keep him interesting looking.

Ant-man/giant man hasn't seen a release since 2008. i figure a 3-4 year gap between releases isn't anything to get to upset about. He looks pretty good too. i wouldn't mind having him in my collection. The Scott Lang antman looks pretty cool, so i'm quite happy about him and the kree sentry. It's really just marvels other Big 3 that are wearing me down.

Like Turtle, i wa hoping the Avengers film was going to mean we'd have a chance at seeing other comic-styled avengers finall getting made like Tigra, MoonDragon, Mockingbird etc.... or even updates of lesser made figures like Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Wasp or Black Widow. Looks like it's not to be though :(

It's a halfway decent wave but my, how things have changed since the days of wave 16 when Thor was so desperately sought after.

EDIT: I'm kinda wishing the Best Of wave were straight re-releases so i didn't have any issues with ignoring them, but the new faces on Sabretooth & Goblin are kind of tempting me. :confused: