UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any mention of Firelord or Airwalker from toy fair, and in on of the Q & A's it was said that they would be in a wave this year sometime. I'm hoping this is still true. So, I'm just wondering if you heard anything about these guys at all?

Tentatively, they are in Wave 15. The rest of the line-up is in flux.

But there is no Kang in that wave that I can see.

Edited by Zach Oat

Hmmm....

TRU Wave 15 - the cosmic wave!

Airwalker / Firelord

Gladiator / Space Armor Iron Man

Quasar / Ronan

Rocket Raccoon / modern Drax the Destroyer

Made a slight mod but otherwise I agree.

Continuing off topic, I echo almost every single one of Valo's sentiments. I feel it would be better if the retread characters being re-released (Spidey, Cap, Wolvy) were STRAIGHT rereleases. No additional accessories, no paint apps. Just take the best of those characters, and release them again. And again. And again. That way I have NO ISSUE going "Oh jeeze, I already have a Bucky Cap. But this one has a new mask. I need it." Because I do that. If you pick the best example of a character and just re-release them, no repaint or anything, I, for one, would be much happier.

Choppahface, there are times your singular brand of devoted self interest is a wonder to behold.

Well I guess no Kang in TRU 15 can be viewed as good news since dj wont have to kill everyone.

there is no Kang in that wave that I can see, but don't worry, he's in one of the convention boxsets this year. Don't sweat it guys, we gotcha covered! Much love to the Kang!*

I fixed that for you.

*Note for people who don't read threads: Zach did not actually say this. It's sort of like fan fiction. DST, Art Asylum, Zach Oat, the moderators of MMMV, and all other related parties will not be responsible for any carnage that ensues should this statement not come to pass.

Edited by Lobsterman

Surely at some point Kang used some sort of invisibility technology, right? I'm just going to assume Zach's statement that "there is no Kang in that wave that I can see" is a thinly veiled reference to invisible Kang. It's probably a repaint an unpaint of the summer con boxset Kang.* I predict that by this time next year, Valo and TM2 will have one more feather to complain about. :tongue:

*See Lobsterman's note, supra

Edited by Turtle

It's better for you, since you and others with the previous issue won't be tempted to buy it. It's not better for DST, cause that's fewer sales from folks who'll go "I have him, but that's a neat new mask/face/accesory" and buy it. And at the end of the day DST cares more about sales than you, me, or any other single collector. That's not a knock on DST, just the realities of retail.

P.S. Choppahface is a reference to the Transformers Beast Wars cartoon. Dinobot had rivalry oh words with his teammate Rattrap. Rattrap called Dinobot "Choppahface" or "Dinobutt" among other things, all with a heavy Brooklyn accent.

Edited by Mirymate

Choppahface, there are times your singular brand of devoted self interest is a wonder to behold.

Explain to me how, how is an exact reprint/reissue not better than the same character with a slight variation of a new accessory or face app?

Because they're still a business and a slight variation can get new buyers and completists?? :ermm:

Sorry TM2 but your logic makes no sense. It's like saying Apple should have never made anything past the original iPhone, and should have kept releasing the first iPhone. Clearly each new model is better and thus, it gives people reasons to keep buying them.

Hmmm....

Airwalker / Firelord

Kang / Space Armor Iron Man

Quasar / Ronan

Gladiator / modern Drax the Destroyer

:thumbsup: You sir should be choosing the TRU waves with these excellent choices. On a side note who do I have to sleep with at DST to get a Gladiator made?

Continuing off topic, I echo almost every single one of Valo's sentiments. I feel it would be better if the retread characters being re-released (Spidey, Cap, Wolvy) were STRAIGHT rereleases. No additional accessories, no paint apps. Just take the best of those characters, and release them again. And again. And again. That way I have NO ISSUE going "Oh jeeze, I already have a Bucky Cap. But this one has a new mask. I need it." Because I do that. If you pick the best example of a character and just re-release them, no repaint or anything, I, for one, would be much happier.

ok i wasnt going to get involved with this, but i need to say this, mainly because ive met people with similar thinking, and if the world actually worked this way, NOTHING WOULD HAVE EVER HAPPENED, we wouldnt have ANY of the technology today, we wouldnt even have minimates. I know minimates are just a figure line and dont make the world go round (well they do for me :P ) but if companies worked with this mentality, they would make NO new products, EVER

Well if Kang's out... which is good because it keeps DJ from killing and/or maiming everyone and for the reason only. (could have Kang in wave 15, but nooooooo, he had to go all Bundy threat to kill everyone, and he means everyone if that happend) Then maybe-

Air Walker/Firelord

Quasar/Revengers Cap

Ronan/Revengers Iron Man

Gladiator/modern Drax

Yes I know, more redos of Cap and Iron Man. But Zach implies heavily that "A-Listers are neccessary" and these are at least evil demonic A-Listers. That's gotta count for something, right?

We actually don't re-release any Minimate the exact same way for the collectors. We don't think it's fair to fans who bought the originals, maybe even tracked them down, that they could get the same figure for possibly cheaper. By tweaking it, we keep that original Mate special, and we also give collectors the option of updating or freshening up their collection with a new version. We're giving collectors something to collect -- if we re-issued the exact same figures, they wouldn't have the option.

You should've collected Justice League Unlimited figures then, because you would have been a happy man. Of course, what happened there is that, to get a new character (like, say Etrigan) you'd have to buy a three pack with two figures you already have (like, say, Superman and Wonder Woman). And, pretty soon, you've got a half-dozen of the same figure sitting around that you can't even give away, because everyone else that buys the line has a half-dozen of the exact same figure. Yeah, it's a great strategy. :rolleyes:

(BTW, I declare myself Baron Von Rolleyes).

Somehow I completely missed all the updates to this thread. Very nice photos, Zach (you just spend your day taking photos of toys, don't you? :biggrin:). You guys really nailed Boom-Boom and Rictor but OH MY GOD ARE THOSE THE FUGLIEST THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN. THOSE COSTUMES. NO. REDEEMING. QUALITY. WHATSOEVER. I wish I could unsee them.

Somehow I completely missed all the updates to this thread. Very nice photos, Zach (you just spend your day taking photos of toys, don't you? :biggrin:). You guys really nailed Boom-Boom and Rictor but OH MY GOD ARE THOSE THE FUGLIEST THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN. THOSE COSTUMES. NO. REDEEMING. QUALITY. WHATSOEVER. I wish I could unsee them.

Yes, I just take pictures all day. (No, actually, I shoot about an hour or two a week, or whenever I have free time waiting for a train.)

But that's what the '90s were, hellpop. Surely you remember. We all wore big shoulderpads and neckerchiefs.

We actually don't re-release any Minimate the exact same way for the collectors. We don't think it's fair to fans who bought the originals, maybe even tracked them down, that they could get the same figure for possibly cheaper. By tweaking it, we keep that original Mate special, and we also give collectors the option of updating or freshening up their collection with a new version. We're giving collectors something to collect -- if we re-issued the exact same figures, they wouldn't have the option.

And it really, honest and truly, is awesome that you do. It would be much easier to just keep releasing the exact same Spidey and Cap over and over again, but paired with new, wanted figures so that collectors are "forced" to buy them. Believe me, the collective bellyaching you see from us now would be nothing compared to "I love that Baron Zemo buy I can't believe I have to buy that !@#$ exact same Captain America again to get him!". And we'd be right, that would be a really jerky thing to do.

But that's what the '90s were, hellpop. Surely you remember. We all wore big shoulderpads and neckerchiefs.

Well, some things never go out of style. I still wear my pink and yellow "Hellpop" pants for church every Sunday.

Hmmm....

Airwalker / Firelord

Kang / Space Armor Iron Man

Quasar / Ronan

Gladiator / modern Drax the Destroyer

:thumbsup: You sir should be choosing the TRU waves with these excellent choices. On a side note who do I have to sleep with at DST to get a Gladiator made?

Which Gladiator? The Imperial Guardsman? Me. The Daredevil villain? Chuck.