UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Spidey still looks like the Statue of Liberty to me.

-Looks like they sculpted new hair for Moonstar rather then use Valkyrie's... which is actually disappointing.

-Really hope they use a different hairpiece for Magma... the one with Medusa from Femme Fatales would work well enough, even.

-Boom Boom and Rictor still suck. Kingpin's growing on me, though.

I can't believe they're gonna put one of those uneccessary clunky belts on Mirage like all the other girls in the NM boxed set. Magik had one painted on and it looked so much better. I hope the belt gets dropped before these go to production. Fingers crossed.

The rest of the mates look great BTW. Can't wait to add 'em to the collection.

Nice blog Jeff, you lucky dog. The things you keep from me. :rolleyes:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

New Mutants are lovely, as Daredevil and Kingpin, those two set are a must for me.

Not 100% on Punisher, think I'll mix and match him with the trenchcoat one (his gun also looks like its made of tinfoil). Spidey looks ridiculous, but, of course, I'll have to get him for Punisher... great.

The X-Force pack is appalling, so I'll assume they're very source material accurate.

cheers jeff!

Congrats on the exclusive, Jeff!

- Punisher looks fantastic. And he's got a new gun (one I want to say is from the comic - a wire-firing gun that he uses on Spidey in his first appearance? I'd have to look it up to know for sure...)

- Apparently Spider-Sense can also double as a tiara.

- Like Lobsterman, I'm curious on how his underarm webs are attached. Molded to a new upper arm piece? And if so, would they do that with the long-missing Falcon?

- And Magma better be clear. Or else I'll make more pointless threats on the Internet.

- I think Rictor can double as a hang glider with those shoulder pads.

-Looks like they sculpted new hair for Moonstar rather then use Valkyrie's... which is actually disappointing.

-Really hope they use a different hairpiece for Magma... the one with Medusa from Femme Fatales would work well enough, even.

Agreed on these two points. Otherwise I think this is an awesome wave. Congrats on getting the reveal Jeff!

Kingpin looks really good, DD is good but he's carried over so I'll probably already have him by then. That Spider-Man is going straight into the scrap heap. The four X-sets are really good even though I'm not the biggest fan of the characters, but lately any two-pack that has two brand new characters in it is aces in my book.

Article states this wave will be released in March. Is that correct? I thought it had been delayed until June.

Care to comment Zach? has there been a change made?

They've left China, but this may be another one of those delayed-shipment-to-TRU deals. Not sure what's going on. Sorry to put incorrect info out there, whichever proves to be incorrect. Sorry, Jeff, to give you bad info, if it is bad.

I am assuming that both Magma and Spidey's 'spider sense' effect will be translucent?

Assumption just confirmed with product manager. Both translucent.

They've left China,

Actually that's probably as accurate a timestamp as we could hope for from a TRU wave.

I don't understand the venom for Boomer & Rictor. I want them more than anyone else.

Which, of course, means I won't be able to find them... <_<

Imagine explaining music to a deaf person. Now imagine explaining Greg Capullo-era X-Force to someone who's never read it. Or any X-Force, for that matter. Same thing.

By the way, you all know her pants say "Boomer" on the side, don't you? Just FYI.

Just like Mega Rage Hulk, I'm liking Kingpin a lot more here than in the con photos, so hopefully he'll turn out great in person too.

Shame about Magma going translucent, I think she looks perfect, but then I'd also like them to go back to solid red Human Torches and make a solid white/blue Iceman. Transparency's a neat gimmick, I just wish we didn't get it every time, since none of these characters look like that in the comics.

Boom Boom is still awesome.

Well - this way some people get a new sculpt, while others can paint up an old Valkyrie hair if they want to. I'm always a fan of new parts to diversify the custom bins. (Although i do understand that some folk prefer V's hairpiece.)

I can't believe they're gonna put one of those uneccessary clunky belts on Mirage like all the other girls in the NM boxed set. Magik had one painted on and it looked so much better. I hope the belt gets dropped before these go to production. Fingers crossed.

I'm actually more than a little surprised that DST didn't go with the BlackWidow/GhostRider belt painted teal/aqua. It's not in anyway bulky, is perfect for Dani & already exists so there are no extra tooling charges. Still, i'm sure there's a reason the went the other way and used this belt. And it shouldn't be too hard a custom for us to tweak if we wanna swap out the belts.

Assumption just confirmed with product manager. Both translucent.

Awesome news!

By the way, you all know her pants say "Boomer" on the side, don't you? Just FYI.

WHAT ?!?!?!?

No Way! I Remember this in the comics. I'm sure it only appeared like 2 or 3 times. Did you guys REALLY do this? Do we have any pics of her from the side yet!