UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

I'm *hoping* that the mask on the "Fear Itself" Hawkeye will match the colors with the previously released Dark Avengers Hawkeye so I can get rid of that google-eyed mask he had, swap a few parts around and have a master Br'er Hawkeye.

I wouldn't worry about it.

You are such a tease, Oat.

Such a dirty, dirty little tease.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than that, Children's Crusade has kinda killed my interest in YA mates. Less the release schedule for me, more that Heinberg has truly out-Bendised Bendis on the 'having everyone stand around talking all issue' thing. :confused:

On the other hand, if you had been tasked with making the events of Dissassembled and House of M fit into previously established 616 continuity (other than a giant "then this happens because I want it to" from Bendis) and render Wanda a useable heroic character again, then you might get wordy too.

I guess? The whole book's been really boring though, not just that one bit with the explanation of why she went nuts. And I can't imagine they'd task Heinberg with anything other than coming back, they've been wanting him to follow up Young Avengers for years, I'd think he could've told any story he wanted to. Maybe I'm just remembering the original series as better than it was, I don't know.

It would justify a re-do of Scarlett Witch!

We don't need HoM for that. It's the "Avengers year" so-

Cap's Kooky Quartet boxed set.

-Captain America (maybe with some kind of shield throw stand)

-Scarlet Witch (new hex accessory)

-Quicksilver (green costume)

-Hawkeye

It would justify a re-do of Scarlett Witch!

We don't need HoM for that. It's the "Avengers year" so-

Cap's Kooky Quartet boxed set.

-Captain America (maybe with some kind of shield throw stand)

-Scarlet Witch (new hex accessory)

-Quicksilver (green costume)

-Hawkeye

Make it a 5-pack from Avengers vol. 1, #23 and include the bad guy on the cover! :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

Got in some samples, thought you'd like to check them out.

13spidey1.jpg

13punisher1.jpg

13magma1.jpg

13boomer1.jpg

Have a Mirage and Rictor, too, will shoot them in a bit. Looks like Magma got a recolored Nova base for hot lava action. And Mirage comes with two belts? Was someone asking about that? Two belts. Wish I had more New Mutants here to shoot her with; ditto X-Force and Boomer.

Digging the heck out of that Punisher :buttrock:

Too bad my new Toys R Us, after being open a couple of months, has shown itself to be no different than the old Toys R Us. I haven't seen a new Minimate on display since around Christmas. They're just not very well organized or run. Despite living 5 minutes from a Toys R Us, I guess I'll be playing the ToysRUs.com lottery with this wave. . .again :rolleyes:

Edited by karamazov80

awesome. Have we seen Magma's hair sculpt before?

...and I think Boomer's shoulders are on backwards.

...Son of a... You know, I thought that collar seemed high, and I didn't turn her around to see what the back looked like. Hope that's not standard for the packaging for this wave. I'll re-shoot her later. (I was too fixated on the side of her pants.)

Edited by Zach Oat

Heh. I thought it was just Liefeld-esque armor overkill. Looked like Punisher:War Zone armor, which of course, is completely appropriate for a character that runs around shooting fireworks out of her fingers :D

Agreed! The only real issue I have with this figure is that he doesn't have his white gloves and shrimping boots! :D I've actually been lobbying (in my way) for a classic Punisher re-dux for a couple of years now, so I'm super psyched that it's finally happening.

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks for the updated pix, this wave looks amazing! If you are taking more pix, can I request to see Spidey's webbing?

Will do.

Also, can you confirm if one of Mirage's belts an "X" belt and the other is this design?:

Yes and yes.

Sorry I discover some details right before you guys do. If I asked for clarification on every single Minimate accessory we made, Robert would strangle me. Looking back, I see that the belt was on the control art, and I may not have ACTUALLY looked at it. I may just see about showing you guys the artwork after each wave is revealed. Downside is something may not make the cut.

Thanks for the updated pix, this wave looks amazing! If you are taking more pix, can I request to see Spidey's webbing?

Will do.

Also, can you confirm if one of Mirage's belts an "X" belt and the other is this design?:

Yes and yes.

Sorry I discover some details right before you guys do. If I asked for clarification on every single Minimate accessory we made, Robert would strangle me. Looking back, I see that the belt was on the control art, and I may not have ACTUALLY looked at it. I may just see about showing you guys the artwork after each wave is revealed. Downside is something may not make the cut.

i for one would LOVE this, even if its sad to see what didnt make it, either to show us the process, or where parts came from, or even for some sort of book filled with all the minimate control art :)

EDIT: also as an aspiring artist, i love looking at the mate control art, since one day i hope to apply for a job at art asylum :D

Edited by undeadpool

Cool, assuming it is just a reuse of the Ghost Rider belt, it should be perfect.

fig0767flg.jpg

i for one would LOVE this, even if its sad to see what didnt make it, either to show us the process, or where parts came from, or even for some sort of book filled with all the minimate control art :)

I would totally buy coffee-table style book of Minimate control art, I think you are onto something undeadpool!

Cool, assuming it is just a reuse of the Ghost Rider belt, it should be perfect.

fig0767flg.jpg

I would totally buy coffee-table style book of Minimate control art, I think you are onto something undeadpool!

recently i was looking over the interviews on ironcow with one of the artists from art asylum, he talked about all the control art and things that went into the concepts but didnt make it for various reasons and showed that he made initial ideas before moving to control art, so i feel a compilation book is possible and id buy the hell out of it