UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we also assume that Boom Boom and Rictor both have tiny little pointy feet (in true Liefeldian style) and that that's why they're obscured in the picture?

The feet are removable, so you can hide them behind things.

I'm going to hide them in all my POUCHES.

That Punisher looks amazing. I can't wait to have a solid, classic updated Punisher. Now I'll have a use for all the differnt guns I have laying around.

Couple of questions about the Spidey: Will he have a hole in his head? Will the spider-sense effect be transluscent?

Imagine explaining music to a deaf person. Now imagine explaining Greg Capullo-era X-Force to someone who's never read it. Or any X-Force, for that matter. Same thing.

By the way, you all know her pants say "Boomer" on the side, don't you? Just FYI.

:lol:

And my only beef with translucent parts is also my beef with certain powers in the comics - unless they turn themselves into the element, they wouldn't be pure element; but I find it more believable for a "human" to cover themselves in ice or fire than for their flesh, muscle & bone to become it (like Iceman was later able to).

That said, ignore the all-translucent bottom half of my Johnny Storm display piece...confused2.gif

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/tenimeart/Customs/Minimates/DSC06406.jpg

And my only beef with translucent parts is also my beef with certain powers in the comics - unless they turn themselves into the element, they wouldn't be pure element; but I find it more believable for a "human" to cover themselves in ice or fire than for their flesh, muscle & bone to become it (like Iceman was later able to).

I agree with you on the physics of the issue - but i have to say that i do love the way translucent Minimates look. Despite her not actually turning translucent, i really like the look of the X3 Phoenix figure. Same goes for Gamma Hulk, Human Torch etc . .

Imagine explaining music to a deaf person. Now imagine explaining Greg Capullo-era X-Force to someone who's never read it. Or any X-Force, for that matter. Same thing.

By the way, you all know her pants say "Boomer" on the side, don't you? Just FYI.

:lol:

That said, ignore the all-translucent bottom half of my Johnny Storm display piece...confused2.gif

http://i85.photobuck...es/DSC06406.jpg

My two cents...... I always looked at it this way. Translucent minimates are used because of the way they appear when light is shined on or through them, to represent whatever fire/ice/energy effect that character may have.... not that the character's body literally goes translucent when the effect is powered up. :unsure: did I say that right? I hope it came across ok

Edited by Nervous

There are only to incidents where translucent parts really bothered me: AXM Shadow Cat and classic Vision. I know they were trying to show their phasing power, I get that. But in comics it's rare either character actually changes appearance when employing this ability, at most they lighten Vision's color palette a shade. (yes there are a handful artists that have drawn Vision as translucent when fully phased, but those are very few and far between.) My favorite version of this color shift was during Av vl.3 when Perez would simply eliminate all the black shadowing from a phased Vision, and deepen the shadows when he increased his density... but I digress. Water under the bridge now, but I wish both characters had been done with a normal paint job.

My two cents...... I always looked at it this way. Translucent minimates are used because of the way they appear when light is shined on or through them, to represent whatever fire/ice/energy effect that character may have.... not that the character's body literally goes translucent when the effect is powered up. :unsure: did I say that right? I hope it came across ok

I agree with you on the physics of the issue - but i have to say that i do love the way translucent Minimates look. Despite her not actually turning translucent, i really like the look of the X3 Phoenix figure. Same goes for Gamma Hulk, Human Torch etc . .

Yeah, I get what they're going for with the effect, and I do like them too. And occasionally it actually does look like the comics, like the Invaders Torch, a great translation of how he looks in Marvels. I just think with characters we get a bunch of, like Iceman and Human Torch, they don't have to be translucent every time. For example, FA Iceman is basically a walking snowman, so the mate looks really weird to me translucent.

Mostly I'd just like an old school Human Torch, solid red with black stripes and solid yellow flame accessories (basically a newer/better version of the first Torch mate), and a straightforward Iceman in solid white with blue details. But it seems unlikely.

Also, I was definitely annoyed about Kitty, but funnily enough Vision didn't bother me because back when he was released this was the only time I'd ever seen him in a comic:

301px-Young_Avengers_Vol_1_2_page_-_Vision_Earth-616.jpg

I will conceide that the translucent was easier to do than Viz's original visual phasing effect- they would surround the phasing parts of him with Kirby Krackles where they intersected solid objects. But I would have prefered a solid Vision over what we got.

I was hoping that this year we'd get a new Vision and Hawkeye. With the movie, the time is right, and I know some people hate retreads, but I think both of those characters are in need of revisiting- critical characters with lackluster releases.

Hmmm, I would like more Young Avengers minimates. Could the Avengers movie justify it? If memory serves, only Vision 2.0 has been done.

Also, I was definitely annoyed about Kitty, but funnily enough Vision didn't bother me because back when he was released this was the only time I'd ever seen him in a comic:

301px-Young_Avengers_Vol_1_2_page_-_Vision_Earth-616.jpg

Hmmm, I would like more Young Avengers minimates. Could the Avengers movie justify it? If memory serves, only Vision 2.0 has been done.

I haven't read them, but i love the designs & would very much buy up any Young Avengers figures. A wave or two Box Sets would be fantastic.

As a leading retread hater, I have to say.....I wouldn't mind a new Vision and Hawkeye. As long as we still get a healthy amount of new characters. If we get Hawkeye, Vision, Wasp, Iron Man (in a jacket), Hulk (in a jacket), and Thor (in a jacket) then I will have much less tolerance for Messrs. Barton and 2.0

A white Vision might make for a decent variant...oh God I'm giving them ideas.

My guess would be that the time for the Young Avengers has passed, though I don't know what the sales figures were like on the Children's Crusade. I wouldn't be stunned to see a box set... but close to stunned.

Any love the series could have gotten, or may have deserved, is being absolutely killed by just how friggin' slow it took to come out. When even a nut like me starts to not care how it ends anymore, this is a problem.

That said, there are several good designs on that team that I would love to see in mate form.

I'd be happy to see Iron Lad or Patriot show up next time there's an Iron Man/Cap slot that needs to be filled, because they're cool designs, like Miry said. Other than that, Children's Crusade has kinda killed my interest in YA mates. Less the release schedule for me, more that Heinberg has truly out-Bendised Bendis on the 'having everyone stand around talking all issue' thing. :confused:

A solid, classic green/yellow Vizh with an all-white variant would be peachy!

I'm *hoping* that the mask on the "Fear Itself" Hawkeye will match the colors with the previously released Dark Avengers Hawkeye so I can get rid of that google-eyed mask he had, swap a few parts around and have a master Br'er Hawkeye.

Other than that, Children's Crusade has kinda killed my interest in YA mates. Less the release schedule for me, more that Heinberg has truly out-Bendised Bendis on the 'having everyone stand around talking all issue' thing. :confused:

On the other hand, if you had been tasked with making the events of Dissassembled and House of M fit into previously established 616 continuity (other than a giant "then this happens because I want it to" from Bendis) and render Wanda a useable heroic character again, then you might get wordy too.

I'm *hoping* that the mask on the "Fear Itself" Hawkeye will match the colors with the previously released Dark Avengers Hawkeye so I can get rid of that google-eyed mask he had, swap a few parts around and have a master Br'er Hawkeye.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Do we know if Magma will come with a depowered head and hair peice like they did with wolfsbane and sunspot?

Signs point to no.