UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these come out tomorrow, and I still can't decide if I want the whole set... or none of them. Hear me out: I've made customs of Jonah and Aunt May, and I'm not sure I want to replace them; my main motivation for wanting Jean DeWolff is to give her badge hand to my Commissioner Gordon custom (yes, it all comes down to the customs with me :biggrin:); Sin-Eater... I just don't know if I want; Daredevil is nice, but I'm perfectly happy with the Daredevil I have (an amalgam of the previous two, with the MK DD chest and mask and the detailed wave one legs and arms); as for Black Spidey, well, I still get annoyed that I overpaid for the old variant whenever I see a new one. Okay, that brings us to the army builder, and I do want that. So... who am I kidding, I'm getting the whole set. :blush:

With my order through Luke's (by proxy through another member), I know I'm part of the problem of the SHIELD agents not being available. And now that the Expendables have been announced, I know what generic heads I'll be using on all the extras.

I like that idea! Stone Cold Steve Austin: Agent of SHIELD! :thumbsup:

'mon, don't be shy... numbers people. How hard have we hit the pre-order bandwagon?

I managed to get myself 5, I only army build to 5, for cost, space and sanity reasons. That's barely a platoon to some of you (Groundhog, I remember you photo of the first few waves of army builders... a small swimming pool's worth).

No one's buying all those to own an army of angry newspaper Editors like me?? :geek:

I never go over 5 army builders, but SHIELD Agents will be the exception; i need like.....20. They really will be the best, most modular army builders yet; i love that Expendables idea, i think you just sold me on that line now.

It really is funny how a Spider-man wave may be one of the best of the year. There really isn't a reason to hate this wave at all.

So is BBTS the only place that has gotten this wave already? Odd that there have been zero reports of people finding them in-store, and Luke said he doesn't know yet if he is getting them next week. Why would one online retailer get them weeks before others?

To paraphrase a classic, "Youbastards needs pix...badly!"

gauntlet-2.png

I believe our store received Series 42 a week before BBTS or the other large toy retailers, so it must have something to do with the way Diamond's distribution system works. Maybe the pallets come through customs one at a time, and Diamond just ships them out as customs clears them?

I've got 2 full sets ordered from Luke, so there's 4 SHIELD guys so far. Plus another 5 JJJ sets ordered from SciFiGenre since Luke sold out by the time I had the money. That'll be enough (for now).

That'll give me Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jasper Sitwell, Jimmy Woo, Clay Quartermain plus 3 other generic fella's.

Edited by Mystery Man

I can only hope that Zach & Diamond notices the rampant demand for SHIELD Agents and we see some sort of re-issue down the road.

Also, the amount of extra JJJs on the board may be staggering.

Hopefully if a SHIELD agent re-issue does occur, they will be of the female persuasion. As for the extra JJJs clogging up people's collections, now's their chance to customize a Hitler minimate for Captain America and Bucky to pound unmercifully on.

Can anybody who has wave 43 in their possession tell me if Aunt May comes accessorized with a stacked plate of Wheat Cakes or a defibrillator? :biggrin:

I've got 2 full sets ordered from Luke, so there's 4 SHIELD guys so far. Plus another 5 JJJ sets ordered from SciFiGenre since Luke sold out by the time I had the money. That'll be enough (for now).

That'll give me Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jasper Sitwell, Jimmy Woo, Clay Quartermain plus 3 other generic fella's.

Just curious, what heads are you using for Jasper Sitwell, Jimmy Woo, and Clay Quartermain?

Just curious, what heads are you using for Jasper Sitwell, Jimmy Woo, and Clay Quartermain?

Haven't gotten into my parts to find 'em just yet, but I know that Jasper will have an Egon Spengler head. Probably the Courtroom one, since I like that smirk. I'll have to see how the heads go with the hair. Hair will likely be the piece that comes with the Secret War Captain America.

I used to do this stuff in advance, but I found it took some of the fun away from swapping parts when the rest of the figures come in the mail.