UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

Look - i don't want to be have a go at your logic dj87 . . . but how many is a 'few'? It's a pretty relative number.

A Few Good Men had 3 people on the cover. One of them wasn't even a man. My point is that many words have flexible meanings. What seems like a reasonable number to some, seems unjustifiable to others.

G-hog ordered 10. Yeah. . . that might seem like a few more than the average shopper. But he is still offering to buy them. With money. Would you expect to go into your Local Comic Shop to buy 10 issues of Deadpool & be told 'No'.

! wouldn't. Mostly because i assume that there ARE people buying 10 copies of each Deadpool comic that gets released. I can't think of how else he warrants 3-4 books every month.

Mystery Man ordered 5. FIVE for pity's sake. 5 characters that were army builders . . . 5 characters that are expected to sell in multiples. 5, in my opinion, is still a low enough number to be classed as a few.

I think that deliberately sitting on figures that you *could* sell off early as singles in hopes of selling cases instead is a REALLY sleazy business practice. Not cool, ScifIGenre.com, not cool <_<

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I immediately emailed them back to ask how many orders they would be able to fill of mine and was told:

Hi Matt,

We would be able to fulfill an order for 1 Marvel

Minimates Series 43 - J. Jonah Jameson & SHIELD Agent.

Please let us know if you'd like us to do that! I

apologize for the

inconvenience.

Bah.

I wrote out a long sexy reply, but the page crashed and its all gone now... honest.

in summary...

I don't know, you seem to suggest it is between 5 and 10 Ness, to them it seems to be only 1, as Mystery Matt found out. I don't think I said I agree with them, just can understand what they may have decided to do.

I'm certainly not SciFiGenre's official spokesman. We good... we good?

Miry, don't forget it isn't just a comic shirt, it has to be the right one... phone ahead, see what they're into. Its the only way.

Sorry dj - didn't mean to be ranting at you. Was mostly using your post as a springboard to say i thought SciFiGenre.com was being pretty uncool. No offense intended, mate.

Miry, don't forget it isn't just a comic shirt, it has to be the right one... phone ahead, see what they're into. Its the only way.

Agreed! you don't wanna be seen wearing a GL shirt that was manufactured post-movie. They'll rip you to shreds, shower or no shower!

Lighten up a bit, guys. They obviously don't meet the minimum order numbers for master cases, so they can only order the mixed ones. And we're well past Diamond's final cutoff date to increase orders; you can't really expect them to be able to fill a large order like that at the drop of a hat. The direct market just doesn't allow for such things, I'm afraid.

Agreed! you don't wanna be seen wearing a GL shirt that was manufactured post-movie. They'll rip you to shreds, shower or no shower!

Oh, I would have gone with my old Jim Lee X-Men #1 combined cover shirt, or my faux Cap uniform shirt, as I did not yet own my Silver Age first appearances shirt. But since I long ago bought everything they had in stock that I wanted long ago, I no longer shop there.

edit- P.S. Nessex- you need to update the old sig. there bud.

Edited by Mirymate

I found (for myself) a solution. A story called Kirin Hobby (www.kirinhobby.com/) has either the JJJ/SHIELD or Aunt May/SHIELD sets for $7.95. I ordered what I wanted. I don't know how many they have, 'though I did email that and find out that they don't have these on next week's shipping invoice so they're hoping they'll get them the week after.

I've never shopped with them before, so I can't say anything other than what I know from today. I was impressed that they emailed me back with answers to my questions twice within an hour, though.

Strangely enough, these were not on my shipping list for next week. I have my diamond rep checking into it. Looks like AFX and Corner Store Comics have not received their custom cases yet either. Our order is guaranteed and is coming soon. Hopefully the week after next. On a happier note, MvC Series 2 is coming next week.

Sorry dj - didn't mean to be ranting at you. Was mostly using your post as a springboard to say i thought SciFiGenre.com was being pretty uncool. No offense intended, mate.

Certainly no offense taken pal, I assure you. For what it is worth, they're v.shabby... if you put something up for sale, you should certainly actually have it.

SciFi always sells minimates in single packs and cases. Why should it matter to them if one person bought ten or ten people bought one? It's the same amount of packs.

They shouldn't list them for sale as single packs if they don't want to be stuck with the others. Also, they should at least explain to their customers why their order are cancelled.

I dunno, maybe I'm misreading this whole thing, but you all seem to be assuming that they can fill these orders, and are just deciding not to. But we don't know that; we don't know if this rush of late orders for multiple packs pushed them over the allotment they ordered. So, if they are putting a limit on the number of packs that customers can order to make sure that they can fulfill an order of at least one per customer, I've no problem with that. And neither should anyone else, that's going to be complaining next week that they can't find the SHIELD pack while some people have, literally, dozens.

Ordering five packs is a big deal, if you're ordering from a shop that doesn't order enough Minimates to qualify for the master cases. Remember, there's only three sets of JJJ/SHIELD agent per basic case. Five packs? Well, you've got to order two cases just to fill that order. Ten? That's four. So, yeah, if you can't sell the rest of the case, then cost becomes a real problem. This is EXACTLY the reason that most e-tailers don't sell individual Minimate packs any more, but only sets.

I don't know if this is the case with Sci-Fi Genre; if they are, indeed, not filling legit orders for no good reason, I take it all back. But let's not jump on them with just assumptions and not facts.

(Sorry, that was a bit more strident then I meant it to be. I worked in retail for too many years not to be sympathetic.)

Seriously, you Kang really don't know Kang who I'm going to Kang suggest?

Well then, Kang just go with Kang your gut on Kang this one. KANG!!

Not to beat scifigenre to death, but my thinking is that they have every right to limit quantities and i can even understand where they might be coming from (people seeing that they have SHIELD agents might order other items from them also to justify shipping maybe). But if they're going to do that, they should let customers know before letting them place orders.

But if they're going to do that, they should let customers know before letting them place orders.

Yeah, that's what I think as well. I don't really have any problem with a store limiting quantities, but they should put that out there from the beginning.

More importantly, I hope these arrive soon. Aside from the Shield agents, DD looks pretty spiffy too.

Regards getting this stuff from Scifigenre ....been there seen it done it got the T from them...very little else though . I don't begrudge their policy of limiting supplies but something doesn't work out ......or is it me ? I'll explain .....a company like them ought to be buying custom cases.............

I buy almost exclusively from Luke,not because he is an awesome fan,customiser,Multiverse mod & general nice guy but he has for the entire time I've used him delivered the goods. I could elaborate but surely that is enough !

When I first ordered from Luke when he began his store I was keen to continue to get god/custom cases of the Marvel line .I'd ordered these since the X3 wave & it is IMHO the only way to go . OK I'm fortunate enough to do so but logistically there isn't a cheaper way to buy them . Luke can sell you a W43 custom case for $75 ,that case will contain 6 army builders & you can if you wish trade off a couple of loose Aunt Mays & JJs & keep one yourself,your then left with 2 spare sets of the spidey & DD sets. I'll let you do the math but it works for me.....or would do if ever I sold them :biggrin:

The only time this went wrong ....to a degree...was W28 but hey you can't win em all.

I had no idea custom cases are that little, suppose I've no one to blame but myself for that though... very interesting.

SciFiGenre seem to just have a v.poor computerised system, one that isn't set up to properly take stock again orders just placed into consideration. Perhaps usually, they'll take an order, and update stock manually (for whatever reason). Lots of 'large' orders quickly = all hell breaks loose.

Time to take out Dazzler & Longshot? But who do i dare put in their place? Forge? Mojo perhaps? . . . . I know - GATEWAY!!!!!!

Let´s start the Forge campaign !!

Edited by Carlos_

Time to take out Dazzler & Longshot? But who do i dare put in their place? Forge? Mojo perhaps? . . . . I know - GATEWAY!!!!!!

he is probably in my top ten now, I want him just like your avatar.

he is probably in my top ten now, I want him just like your avatar.

Forge is in my top 10 of X-Men characters that I want, fo' sho.

I've been reading alot of 80's/90's X-Men reprint collections lately and he's been in and out of them quite a bit. A minimate of him would be super keen.

Since this thread has been hopelessly yanked off-topic anyway until somebody starts posting pics and reviews, I've got a Marvel related question for a change.

Is Forge currently supposed to be dead?

I ask because his death occured in Astonishing, and events in that book after Whedon left are notoriously fuzzy in the "is this in or out of continuity" department. And the arc that killed him, well, it had a lot of elements that just didn't jibe with other things going on in the greater 616... or even the X-cornerof the world. (we can start with everyone's shock that Forge was doing alternate Earth research when Scott had specifically asked him to do so and work from there) But then, I don't recall seeing him show up anywhere else since. And Forge is too good a character to die in a madman in a muddled mess of a story.