fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 different colour

is Vision 2.0 a different character?

Now we're struggling !

Vision 2.0 is to Vision as Vision is to Wonder Man or the original Human Torch. At least he's supposed to be; when he's shown up in other writers' books, he's sometimes just written as the same old Vision.

Although this may more appropriately belong in BHM's price guide thread, since we have brought up wave 24 and the Shocker/Tarantula scenario, I would like to point out that over the last 2 years, the Tarantula set is one of the most difficult sets to find, it rarely appears on eBay, and when it does the prices are usually pretty inflated.

Not sure if this is because of it being a unique character variant, but it is worth noting.

Tell me about it! I've been trying to land a spare one for a potential custom, but i can't bear parting with between $15 & $30 + shipping!

I think his rarity as a COMPLETELY different character variant makes him so desirable. People can go without FA Sabretooth if they have a Jim Lee Sabretooth. This was the only way to get a Tarantula of any type, so he's more highly sort after? (just my 2 cents)

20 different colouris Vision 2.0 a different character?Now we're struggling !

Vision 2.0 is to Vision as Vision is to Wonder Man or the original Human Torch. At least he's supposed to be; when he's shown up in other writers' books, he's sometimes just written as the same old Vision.

Ok - i was curious because i've seen V2.0 listed as Young Avengers Vision sometimes and though he might exist in the same time and place as regular Avengers Vision if there ever was a cross-over in the books.

Edited by Nessex

Vision's entire database, which obviously includes his memories, are a part of Vision 2.0. But he has a completely different body, and his opererating system uses young Nathaniel Richards' mental patterns rather than Simon's as it's basis. 2.0 has also stated he has no emotional connection to Vision's memories. Kinda like copying files to a computer with a newer operating system, the datas all there, but it's not the same computer anymore. So while there are elements of old Vision in his programing, it's not the same "man". I would describe the inconsistencies in his writing thus- Vision 2.0 is still somewhat inscure about who "he" is and is not. So when he is with his friends, Vision tends to relax and be more "himself". But when he is in the company of his predacessor's teammates, his insecurity leads him to behave around them as he "remembers" the old Vision acting.

Wanda must have hexed him good is all I can figure. Sure he got ripped in two, but Vision had survived similar injuries and fully recovered. Not this time apparently. Gues he was one of those C-listers Bendis had to get rid of to improve the team.

Sad thing is that I find 2.0 an interesting character in his own right, and to get what I really want, the REAL Vision restored and active again, you'd almost have to get rid of "Jonas".

And no, I will never forget Bendis made that C-list crack before killing the Vision (and Hawkeye), and it colors my opinion of everything he's written sense.

Sad thing is that I find 2.0 an interesting character in his own right, and to get what I really want, the REAL Vision restored and active again, you'd almost have to get rid of "Jonas".

And no, I will never forget Bendis made that C-list crack before killing the Vision (and Hawkeye), and it colors my opinion of everything he's written sense.

Oh, that's awful! I didn't know he said that. Don't EVEN get me started on Bendis. I said some derogatory things about his writing one day and it ticked off my LCBS owner so bad, that I felt unwelcome in his store afterwards. C'mon though! You know that guy doesn't give a rat's ass about the characters he kills off. He may SAY otherwise, but at the end of the day I bet he calls his friends:

" Hey (insert name), you're never gonna BELIEVE who the editors are letting me kill off this time! *evil echoing laugh* "

It's all for shock value, sales, and bragging rights.

How's that for stirring things up ?! :tongue:

Bendis is a great writer when he has his own little self-contained universe and characters that he can do with whatever he wants, and it doesn't directly impact other books you are reading. I loved both Alias and his Daredevil run, even more than the original Frank Miller DD run. Ultimate Spider-Man was great, until Ultimatum, but Bendis lost me with the New Avengers and the other team books that he touched. He was no longer writing self-contained stories in his own little bubble, and coupled with Marvel's embrace of incoherant 50+ issue multi-issue crossver stories (Secret Wars, House of M, Secret Invasion, etc) coupled with the $3.99 price tags are what got me to quit comics completely.

Edited by youbastards

I've heard nothing but praise for Powers, but I haven't been able to bring myself to try it. His work on New Avengers really rubbed me the wrong way, and USM... I've heard the praise, but when I talk about him writing bad dialogue, that's what I'm thinking about it. Granted, I only read a couple issues. Maybe they were written in his off days and I should give him a second chance. He's certainly got the sales figures to back him up (but so did Rob Liefeld).

Powers was also great, and another example of him working in a self-contained universe. I lost track of the book after the first series ended, but I am definitely going to check out the TV series if it ever gets made.

Jinx and Torso, the indie books he created that eventually helped get his his Marvel gig, were also really good reads.

His dialogue is hit or miss, but a lot of great writers have their 'duh' moments from time to time, the one that bugs me the most is the classic <_< line form the first X-Men movie

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning.....the same thing that happens to everything else"

....written by Joss Whedon. :yucky:

I cant stand Bendis's New Avengers and Avengers ( especially with JRJR) but I loved Dark Avengers. And his Daredevil stuff is also a favourite.

Let me ask you this. How many scenes of the New Avengers sitting around a table eating do we need?l It's in every issue. Talking about registration. Talking about iron man. Talking about Osborn. Talking about their New Mansion. It's dumb. And Spidey and Wolverine shouldn't be on The Avengers. New Avengers, ok, but not both teams. That's stupid.

For the record, I didn't say I hated Bendis and everything he's ever written. I said the comment he made during the promotion of Disassembled about the Avengers needing to be the A-List of Marvel Characters and needing to dump all the C and D list guy, then proceeding to kill Hawkeye and Vision in said event colors my opinion of the guy as a writer. I had enjoyed his work on USM and Alias, and initially, after the unreadable nonsensical drin that was the Austen run, I was excited to hear he was taking over. Then he opened his mouth. Then he killed Vision, then he appeared to kill Hawkeye. From that day on, for me to enjoy a story he's written is an uphill climb. And in fairness, sometimes he suceeds with me. He is a master at stretching a story that back in the day was a two or three parter into a six issue ready for the trade paperback arc. (downside being an excrutiating build up to a relativley quick payoff, but that's another matter) But I'm still as likely to punch him in the smart mouth should I ever get the chance as not just for that comment.

YMMV

And good Lord in Heaven have we ever highjacked the hell out of this thread!

KANG!

Is Vision 2.0 some version of Kang? Wasn’t Iron lad afraid he was some version of Kang and didn’t Iron Lad become Vision 2.0? How did that turn out? I assume like Asguardian not really being an Asguardian and Hulking not being a Hulk Iron lad wasn’t Kang, but what was that all about?

Also: My only knowledge of Vision is this: At ComicCon I saw a kid dress liked Vision (they make Kid sized Vision muscle suits?!) leaving the OMNI (Hotel closest to the Convention Centre) as he’s leaving the door a dog tied up next to the door starts barking and the kid freaks out... from that point on any time my fiancee or I see Vision we instinctively say “you know, his only weakness is dogs”.... so what’s Vision 2.0’s take on dogs? because if it’s not to start crying I’m inclined to believe he’s not really Vision.