UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

Iron Lad was/is an alternate Time line Kang. Apparently when Kang was still teenager Nathaniel Richards he was got into real trouble with some other kids his age, like one of them slashed his throat open and should have killed him except for 30th Century medicine. Reflecting on this one day, Kang was feeling petty so he went back in time to that day and reduced his assailants to ash in front of his slack jawed teenage self. Kang decided that young Nathaniel needed protection, so Kang left Nat a suit of his 40th Century super armor. Kang was hoping to inspire Nat to be like him, instead Kang horrified the young man. So Nat used the suit's time-travel circuitry, Nat went to go seek the Avengers to help them. But he arrived just after Disassembled and there were no Avengers. He found the original Vision's body, and down loaded the deactivated android's database to try and learn what had happened. He came across a program in Vision's data that the android Avenger had written to start the team in the event of the original team's demise, including a list of young, super-powered people with connections to the team. Nat decides to use the Vision's program to start his own team, and begins to assemble the Young Avengers. The armor can change it's shape, so Nat reshaped it into something reassembling Iron Man and becomes Iron Lad.

Vision's programing becomes more and more awake inside the armor, and when Iron Lad returns to his own time, he leaves the suit behind. Somehow, when the suit reboots, The Vision's programing completes itself somehow using elements of the suit's control systems, and using Nat's brain patterns as the non linear element necessary to run it's core operating system. Now fully conscious, Vision rebuilds his new body into a near duplicate of his old one, complete with his old density powers. After a joint adventure with his old and new team, he realizes just how different he is from the original Vision, and that his old team doesn't trust him due to all the Kang derived elements used in his construction. So this new Vision leaves the Avengers to stay with the Young Avengers. Although the crush on Stature Vision 2.0 inherited from Iron Lad probably had a lot to due with it too, and he gave himself the name Jonas after her favorite group.

He doesn't fear dogs, but he does fear that Stature's Justin Bieber phase won't end soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys miss this?

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/11/the-jean-dewolff-saga-behind-the-scenes-of-an-epic-spider-man-tale-and-its-toys/

The control art reveals some awesome accessories! DD's weapon and alt head look great, and JJJ has alt arms with vest AND two different newspapers! The rolled up one will be awesome.

Extra hair for the SHIELD Agents!! A swing line for DD!! And JJJ comes with a TON of STUFF!!! :banana::buttrock:

This, coupled with the fact that Zach stated JJJ comes with the SHIELD Agent, will have me buying MANY of this pack! I hope my LCS orders heavy on this wave!

I did notice where the control art calls JJJ's overcoat "The Godfather's Michael Corleone's", as if it were actually made, whereas Jean's badge-hand states all new when it was from Beverly Hills Cop.

I did notice where the control art calls JJJ's overcoat "The Godfather's Michael Corleone's", as if it were actually made, whereas Jean's badge-hand states all new when it was from Beverly Hills Cop.

The Godfather made it to prototype stage. BHC didn't make it past concept art.

Sin eater comes with happy hogans hair & warpaths hair?

SPOILERS FOR THE STORY (select with mouse to read)

WHOA! The reason the Warpath hair/glasses face is so cool is that it's most certainly the compulsive liar who confessed to being the Sin-Eater (and actually wasn't)! I don't have the issues handy right now, but I'm almost dead certain that's him!

Meanwhile, the Happy Hogan hair (and hopefully a 2nd head under the mask) will be for the real Sin Eater, Stan Carter!

Just saw the control art pics, so:

Re: Daredevil, I'm also delighted with that new billy-clubs (two sets, straight and curved!) the new face w/glasses and the re-use of the Series 38 mask.

Re: JJJ, it looks like they took my Facebook inquiry to heart! We get not just a tampo but a vest to use in place of the jacket along with duplicate arms w/rolled up sleeves! Plus, TWO newspapers!

Re: Aunt May... shame she doesn't come with a plate of wheatcakes! :)

Re: SHIELD Agent, two heads (one which'd be a good quick fill-in for Clay Quartermain), and that cool "needle gun" like Nick Fury uses! Plus a removable new harness that fits the gun and holster for the new knife!

This started out as a fantastic wave and thanks to the control art shown (http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/marvel-minimates-the-death-of-jean-dewolff) it's turned into a phenomenal wave full of excitement! These are great!

Edited by Mystery Man

• 2 months later...

I somehow missed the control art when it was first posted here, but I saw it in the mini poster that's included with recently released Minimates. These look pretty good but I probably won't pick up the cop since I don't know who she is. I'm most excited for JJJ. Do we know when these will be released?

Edited by Dio

Lukes has them listed for March.

Here's what DST told me over on FB:

Eric Dlugokinski

So DST, tell me... minus the MM vehicles series 3 (TRU & Specialty) and Femme Fatales, which wave / series can we expect next for release? Marvel wave 43 or Marvel vs capcom 3 wave 2?

Diamond Select Toys It looks like Marvel Wave 43 and MvC3 Wave 2 (specialty) should show up next month. Marvel Wave 13 and MvC3 Wave 2 (Toys R Us) should get to TRU the month after that, depending your store's location.

• 4 weeks later...