UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 79

Dave

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super excited for Darkhawk and Cosmic Ghost Rider. Nice to finally have a Moondragon, the new Warlock looks nice. Another Starlord and Gamora....whatever. But Angela? Come on. I'd much rather have Gladiator, or especially a Phyla since we are getting Heather!

I would have definitely preferred Gladiator to another Angela, she feels like a wasted spot.

It's great to be getting Moondragon, but it's hard to justify getting the whole wave when most of the others don't really interest me. If the head and cape end up with Star-Lord, I might stick with that pack and try to put together her classic costume myself.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I would have definitely preferred Gladiator to another Angela, she feels like a wasted spot.

It's great to be getting Moondragon, but it's hard to justify getting the whole wave when most of the others don't really interest me. If the head and cape end up with Star-Lord, I might stick with that pack and try to put together her classic costume myself.

I’m not going to lie, I’m annoyed as I would have preferred multiple Moondragons but that’s life. Angela is a complete wasted slot imho. I’m shocked we aren’t getting a Magnus head but I have an extra rapist head lying around and I have zero interest in another StarLord as I mix and match my MCU and comic mates. That being said based off of the current sphere of comics and that this is an LCS line the only decision I cannot justify is Cosmic GhostRider not being the BAF. I see no reason anyone would be out there collecting them all for any of the other characters in this line but him. 

11 hours ago, Padrino said:

Ok. I think the new animated Dracula works also, except for the red eyes

Yeah. I’m aiming fo the purple version but I can see the Dracula connection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

April!?!

April seems a ways away. But i think BBTS gets their stuff late. I had pre ordered the xfactor set from BBTS about the same time as i ordered the set from Lukes, and i got my xfactor set from BBTS last week. I received my xfactor sets from lukes a few weeks ago. 

Couple thoughts:

-These are almost definitely prototypes/paint masters, as that's usually what we see in the solicitation photos.

-The Moondragon cape looks like a reuse of the old Red Tornado one, which is an odd choice since DST has made other, better collared capes since then.

-It's nice to see Warlock again, but I just don't care much for that costume. If only there was a way to swap out Star-Lord and Warlock for their Bronze Age versions!

-I can't tell if Ghost Rider is a tampo on a dome headcap, or if it's a skull head under a translucent cap. I think the latter is what the final figure is supposed to be, right? Angela is still annoyingly unnecessary, but at least there are some custom possibilities with her.

-Gamora and Darkhawk look great, and definitely seem to be the winner of the wave.