UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No more Fantastic four Minimates/figures?

Mattallica

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big FF fan, so this is definitely a bummer. At the very least I was hoping for a Wizard some day. And I agree with Nessex that a Psycho Man minimate would be most welcome. I still think that Series 48 and the accompanying TRU wave were some of the best Minimates ever made.

Agree wholeheartedly. It's very disappointing to think we may not be getting different versions of FF characters, villains and supporting cast due to this.

I've been pining for a classic update of Sue after the Best of Reed.

On top of that, it feels downright disrespectful to look over THE book that started what we know now was the real beginning of Marvel in 1961.

A sad damn shame.

it's all about the dollar dollar bills, y'all. toys aren't billion dollar properties. unfortunately, neither are comics. hopefully either Fox or Marvel caves soon. i want my X-Men minimates! Banshee, Sunfire and Forge would be awesome. the brotherhood would be awesome. i'm afraid we're not going to get them all - if any - by wave 60. which is sad, but as long as we get some new Avengers (and i mean NEW, not redos or updates) in 2015, i'll be ok for a while. just don't keep me waiting TOO long for dat X.

I could live with next year having a heavy avenger focus again, so long as it means new characters. Surely it's time to tick Tigra, Mockingbird, Smasher, Jocasta, Moondragon, Hellcat, Stingray, Machine Man, Crystal off the 'never been made' list?

I'd even be happy with some remakes in new costumers if it meant Ionic Wonderman & Modern Wasp.

The problem is that i suspect we'll be seeing a LOT of the Big 5 Avengers in different looks/variations. I just hope we see those characters used to anchor two-packs that include more Jack of Hearts type characters.

The one good thing about this FF/X-ban is that Marvel's pushing other characters to the forefront. I never thought I'd see The Inhumans or Baron Zemo replacing the likes of the X-Men and Doctor Doom but from what I've seen, that's exactly what they're doing.

The problem is that i suspect we'll be seeing a LOT of the Big 5 Avengers in different looks/variations.

I was wondering if DST might adopt the practice of offering those characters prior to the film's release either in a boxed set or a "Best of" series. Once the movie debuts, then offer newer characters in a standard assortment of 2-packs.

with marvel "killing" off alot of mutant characters (wolverine, deadpool) I wonder if they can/are trying to reboot them as "Gifted" to get around the Fox rights to all mutants? according to that Chris Claremont interview that came out recently, Fox automatically has the rights to any new characters that Marvel creates that are mutants, so i wonder if the reverse is true? that would be kind of funny actually.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm prolly the only one that wants a Millie the Model/Patsy Walker 2-pack with a Night Nurse variant!

Re:the FF. I love 'em. However,besides a Sue to go with the style of the "Best of" Reed in both solid and clear versions, it's supporting cast and villains of the FF that I'm most wanting.

I fully support any Hulk wave that could ever happen. Especially if it has A-Bomb which can turn into Rick Jones.

Wendigo & Zzzax would be brilliant to get in a Hulk wave. I'd love a Red She-Hulk too!

I fully support any Hulk wave that could ever happen. Especially if it has A-Bomb which can turn into Rick Jones.

Wendigo & Zzzax would be brilliant to get in a Hulk wave. I'd love a Red She-Hulk too!

Yes! YES!! Oh YES!!!

I mean, that sounds like a whale of a wave.