UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Congrats, Mystery Man. Glad you got some Kang.

Thanks! I hope everybody is able to get these, be it through these sites, Luke or in stores.

I'm about two seconds away from calling Disney's customer service and seeing if I can upgrade to 2 day shipping. I'm insane!

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel better, Rob? :ohmy:

I'd like to thank the Usual Suspects for their offers of help .....you are incredible people on here & I'll be PM'ing you ASAP with my gratitude :thumbsup::thumbsup: Turns out....unbeknown to me.... that Luke had already felt my presence & ordered them up for me anyway :biggrin: Please don't think of me as ungrateful !

Kang...about time .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Good news is, I've got Kang in my hand. :banana:

Bad news is, I don't have Hawkeye and Grim Reaper, because my DS only got in the one set. <_< They were... less then helpful when I asked about the other set. It looks to me like many stores just got in one case, and it's random, and there's no guarantee they'll restock, or even restock with the other one. So, my advice to those of you thinking of making long pilgrimages: CALL FIRST. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE BOTH SETS. STRESS THAT ONE HAS A PICTURE OF CAP, AND THE OTHER IRON MAN. Otherwise, you might be wasting your time. I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone that doesn't have a convenient Disney Store take advantage of the 20% off coupon code on the previous page of this thread. Save yourself the aggravation.

Oh, did anyone else's Kang set have a note that read "I hope you bastards are finally happy, Chuck"? Weird. I don't know why he singled youbastards out for happiness; I guess your mom makes the best cookies.

Oh, did anyone else's Kang set have a note that read "I hope you bastards are finally happy, Chuck"? Weird. I don't know why he singled youbastards out for happiness; I guess your mom makes the best cookies.

I'm sure my set will have a letter of cease-and-desist mentioning that blue-faced conqueror ever again in the presence of DST employees.

Ya know, maaaaaybe the bouncing banana was not the best choice of emoticon for that particular sentence. Just sayin'.

Oh, did anyone else's Kang set have a note that read "I hope you bastards are finally happy, Chuck"? Weird.

Now that you mention it....

Ya know, maaaaaybe the bouncing banana was not the best choice of emoticon for that particular sentence. Just sayin'.

The bouncing banana is always the best choice of emoticons!:verymad:

I want to see if I can cause the site to somehow collapse in an endless Disney feedback loop.

Whatever you do, DON'T whistle "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da" while you make your purchase...that will have dire consequences for all mankind.

Edited by youbastards

Picked up both box sets at lunch. At first, all I could see was the Grim Reaper set.. about 10 boxes deep on the shelf.. but in the VERY back was a Kang box set. I'm thinking they didn't realize the 2 cases were different and didn't put all the Kang sets out. An employee asked me if these were a big deal and I pointed to Kang and smiled, "why yes, yes they are". She said she has had calls on them and thinks they will go fast so she is grabbing 2 sets for her boys. I told her there was only one Kang pack left and she said there might be more in the back. They had rearranged their store since last I was there, putting all Avengers stuff right up front. I this she was right.. they will not last long (at least in SLC).

Now, to get these home so Kang can conquer my Avengers Movie Mates (you know, getting ready for him to be the villain of Avengers 3). ;)

thanks for the links Lurch

if you order from the DisneyStore.com, use promo code L211101E6MKZH05 to get 20% off your order. it knocked $7.80 off the 2 sets ($15.60 each) which ends up covering the standard shipping cost of $7.50. if you live somewhere with no tax, the total ends up being $38.70 shipped :biggrin:

Thanks many bunches for this! I don't feel bad about paying for shipping now -- and also was able to pick up some Brave plushes, haha.

In response to what I'm reading ....Vox/Hellpop

I'm not psychic or even slightly smug .....I just spent many years in the packaging industry.

boxes.jpg

Only one concern.....tiny though it is......the similarity between the two packages . I know & you know that they're different but with respect to the busy guys working in the stores putting them on shelf-pegs,will they ? If you're not sure what I mean then I can elaborate but think about it first !

Can anybody with the Hulk from these sets (or series 44) confirm if his hands'll match the green color of the Mega-Rage Hulk?

It's not 100%, but so close that you probably won't be able to tell the difference. Also, if you don't like the puffy arms on Kang, Hulk's arms are the same green.

When I firstsaw these seys I was very underwhelmed. I figured Id pick up each set just forKang and Grim Reaper. Boy have I changed my mind the only mate that hasn’tfound its way into one of my displays is Giant Man. Only because I have a 3inch Giant Man custom. I have a policy of trying to keep to one version of acharacter in a display, unless more than one person has held the identity...Yeah weird I know but what can I say. The only thing that was a disappointmentwas there were no character bios on the packaging. Is Thors helmet a new piece?Its easily the best of all the Thors I have, and I think I have most of them. My Disney store had four full pegs by the way. I also picked up two sweet Avengers EMH mugs (Hulk and Cap) for 16 bucks.

Ironically, the one figure i dissed more than all the others, that being Drunken Hobo Thor, is the one minimate i keep finding myself picking up from these sets. Literally the best Thor we've gotten; i can't even decide which head to use. Really fantastic job on this one. He'll still be Drunken Hobo Thor, but now he's Perfect Drunken Hobo Thor. :thumbsup:

Can anybody with the Hulk from these sets (or series 44) confirm if his hands'll match the green color of the Mega-Rage Hulk?

It's not 100%, but so close that you probably won't be able to tell the difference. Also, if you don't like the puffy arms on Kang, Hulk's arms are the same green.

Hey, neat! Thanks!