UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Christmas came early for me! XD My two Avengers boxsets came today along with my MOTUC Stinkor and Slushhead. Kang is already attempting to conquer my Minimates display and the new Hawkeye has just given the old one the boot while fighting Grim Reaper.

Seriously have to say if we never get another Hawkeye, it's all good thanks to this new one. And Kang finally ends a long nagging for a number of minimates fans as well as adding to the Avengers villains roster.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine in the mail today BUT... I wasn't home when they got delivered so the package was left with my apartment office BUT then I had to stay late at work and didn't get home until after the office closed. Bummer! They are mere feet away from me but I can't get ahold of them until tomorrow

I got the two sets today in the mail, and WOW, these are great!

I'm loving Hawkeye out of all of them the most, though, he just screams "win."

I'm also glad they gave Thor the alternate head, since he's definitely my favorite Thor released.

My Giant-Man was missing his Ant-Man helmet, though, I'm going to have to contact customer service about that.

i was able to get my hands on the Kang set, so im halfway there, and im completely fine with the rehashes, cap is a great figure and i love having more metallic shields, antman will be displayed in antman gear since my other is in giant man gear, and this hulk can be put with my deffenders, and more smashing blocks :D

Got them today and they are amazing! Great job DST - both sets are top notch. I'll have some photos tomorrow to share. Hawkeye is one of my new favorites and the new villains are perfect. Even the repeated heroes are great. I wish this Hulk was the same color as the Mega Rage Hulk so we could mix and match pieces but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Thanks for throwing in so many accessories and extras!

I noticed both sets were in-stock again at DS.com, so I ordered the pair. My wife had been trying to get her sister-in-law that lives in Ohio to stop by her local Disney store to hunt for them for me, since there aren't any more stores in Michigan. I'm glad it turned out not to be necessary. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these sets, which is strange because when series 44 was revealed, I rolled my eyes at most of the figures.

I wish this Hulk was the same color as the Mega Rage Hulk so we could mix and match pieces but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Hulk is very, very close in color to the Marvel vs. Capcom version if you're looking to swap parts around.

I opened the second set of these tonight (the one with Kang), and I've got a couple of observations about it. Kang is pretty great, and Hulk is better than I expected. I don't care for "Smart Hulk" in general, or of sculpted parts, but this figure just looks nice. Cap is pretty great himself, but one issue is the fact that he doesn't come with an alternate forearm/glove part without the peg. He does come with the backpack part to hold his shield, but he looks weird if you use it because he has to also use the glove with the peg. Giant/Antman's extenda-torso piece and big/small feet just make him look weird.

I wish this Hulk was the same color as the Mega Rage Hulk so we could mix and match pieces but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Hulk is very, very close in color to the Marvel vs. Capcom version if you're looking to swap parts around.

An offical Multiverse no-prize to first person to post a pic!

Hulks.jpg

A Fun Interesting Fact:

The Hulk in MvC2/MvC/MSHvSF is actually Smart Hulk, which is why he actually talks in the game and win quotes says whole sentences. (and actually I’m just now noticing his spite is actually wearing the same trousers as this Smart Hulk minimate.) So Smart Hulk’s head on MvC3 Hulk’s body is a legit game accurate variant! (well of his alt costume with purple pants, if you switched the hip and thigh covers as well and painted MvC3’s frayed pant bottoms to match then he’d be game accurate.)

In MvC3 he’s Savage again obviously which is why he talk funny and call other characters funny names.

I love all these new Avengers

avengesr06.png

Some head suggestions--

I used the new GiAnt-Man's head on Hawkeye. The Renner face seemed a little too serious and this one seemed to be a mix of serious and sarcastic.

hawkeye01.png

I used the kidnapped Peter Parker head (came with Green Goblin) for Ant-Man

antman.png

And finally, I love the Kirby Thor we got, but the face was a little too angry. The new clean shaven face is perfect

thor03.png

And now apparently I need to buy a MvC3 Hulk.

Edited by nate_studio

There must be some extra-spacers or something in those Pym helmets that are making them sit high.

So the GiAnt-Man face works on Hawkeye, eh?... You know, I just happen to have an extra one of those...