UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

She looks great! I didn't expect her to come out that cool. The badge is a very nice gimmick and I really like her hair/hat. I guess I like her most of the whole set right now. Besides:

but the legs... details like that you either do all the way or not at all. Looks weird as is.

Right.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(and no Miry, that wasn't me asking for her bio, I already read one.)

But, but, but... :sad: Aaaawwww maaaaan. And I was looking forward to it all weekend. Fine, sniff, you go on and read those other bios, sniff. S'okay, I'll be back in a little bit... my, um,sniff, allergies are acting up. excuse me.

Quick Question: I remember reading on here that the variant characters would not be entirely new persona's, but rather small changes or variant costumes for the same person?

There is no-one in the wave who could be considered a 'variant' of another character in this wave...

Did i actually read that 'rule' on here, or has someone slipped funny mushrooms into my tea again?

Was it something Chuck has stated, or is it mere conjecture/interpretation of something Chuck/DST has said?

Edited by Nessex

Quick Question: I remember reading on here that the variant characters would not be entirely new persona's, but rather small changes or variant costumes for the same person?

There is no-one in the wave who could be considered a 'variant' of another character in this wave...

Did i actually read that 'rule' on here, or has someone slipped funny mushrooms into my tea again?

Was it something Chuck has stated, or is it mere conjecture/interpretation of something Chuck/DST has said?

i dont know the answer to this, i just saw funny mushrooms and laughed....that is all

on a side note im loving this wave, cant wait to get it, SHIELD agents, daredevil, may and JJJ are all big winners for me

What about Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy from Spider-Man 3?

its never the case for movie waves, is it? Otherwise, it certainly seems to be.

But wait, Jean's dead in the comics. Shouldn't she be off the table just like Winter Soldier? /sarcasm

Okay, I'm not trying to come off as harsh, but I really think we ought to throttle back on the "gotcha's" regarding arcane, offhand comments Chuck may or may not have made at some point in the past.

Chuck saying "they just killed Bucky so not sure how likely that is now" does not mean "we will never, ever, ever do a dead character, ever, and you can take that to the bank." It's a little obstreperous to try and call him on that every single time they make a dead character, especially if it's just because you're pissed he didn't make your personal favorite dead character. Likewise with re-released versions of chase characters, variants vs. different characters for chases, etc. I understand the re-released chases are an especially sensitive subject, as some people spent a lot of money trying to get characters they thought wouldn't be available again. However, despite whatever the specific wording of the "rule" about chases was, 1) all of the re-releases they've done have been significantly re-imagined with different deco and parts, so they're arguably "new" versions; and 2) most of the re-releases have come years after their original incarnations, so it really doesn't strike me as a bait and switch situation.

It's rare that a toy company gives fans as much access as DST gives us, and with as many off-the-cuff conversations as we have in the AA site Q&A, chats here on MMMV, Facebook, Twitter, and face-to-face at cons, there are bound to be some comments that aren't meant to be taken as hard-and-fast, write-them-down-in-the-Minimate-bible rules. The game is to get information, not to peg the DST crew as hypocrites as often as we can. I'd personally much prefer a free flow of information you take with a grain of salt to DST clamming up and only issueing press releases that have been vetted by lawyers.

Very much agree with Lobsterman.

Sin-Eater's a weird one, having no nostalgic tie to him (just read the story because of this wave) he's basically a serial killer in a ski mask, rather than a supervillain. Although maybe he went on to be more in later storylines? Anyway, he's colorful I guess, and the rest of this wave looks great! I hope they do more like this, for other classic storylines.