UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotness! I was hoping they would do a sculpted rather than tampo'd chest holster. I also like that he comes with a hand blender. B)

SHIELD-issue hand blender. You can make delicious fruit smoothies and milkshakes in seconds with the optional AIM helmet food cups (they're shaped like that for a reason, y'know).

Edited by boyd

That SHIELD army builder looks amazing. My wallet is not looking forward to me scowering eBay for loose versions of these...

I'm also liking the Black Suited Spider-Man. I didn't mind the slip on mask version back in Wave 24 but this looks like an equally good substitue.

Wowee wow wow. He looks great.

I have to second the opinion of Mirymate a while back (hell, it might have been a different thread, even) that I *HATE* the retroactive change in SHIED agents uniforms. Nick Fury, and only Nick Fury, wore a dark blue/white uniform; basic agents wore light blue/red. It's in, like, a thousand comics. Light blue and red, dammit! Why is this so hard for anyone to remember? :verymad:

Shield guy and JJJ look pretty great. I've already got the Chameleon variant with the Ghostbusters Mayor body/outfit, so this will give me a. . .variant JJJ look to put on display. . .that sounds kind of pitiful as I type it :lol: Aunt May and 2 JJJ Minimates before a Nighthawk. What is this world coming to??

Aunt May and 2 JJJ Minimates before a Nighthawk.

Seems pretty balanced to me. Now if you switched out Squirrel Girl for Nighthawk that'd be another story.

So, who's going to sell tampos of a generic female chest in SHIELD blue? Or is there any chance this figure will suffer the same fate as Spider-Girl's back?

My daughter (11) cringed when she heard me listen to Nirvana on the radio. She said the music sounded so old, and then asked it was The Beatles. Face it gents, all music pre-2001 is now considered an Oldie.

JJJ is awesome! Daredevil tomorrow.

Waitta sec here, Jatta: your daughter's ELEVEN and she can't tell the difference between the Beatles and Nirvana!? My daughter's four and she knows who the Beatles are (well, she knows they sing "Yellow Submarine"). Clearly, you've failed as a parent. Does she at least know the difference between Batman and Spider-Man?

Alas, she is a lost cause. She knows the plot intricacies of ANT Farm and Shake It Up but pre-2001 rock music is noise to her. My only hope is Selena Gomez does a cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit". And no unless Peter Parker is a character on Wizards of Waverly Place, she's never before heard the name.

That... that will never happen to my daughter. :unsure:

I know, right?! It took me 20+ years to train my sister, but she can hold her own against any nerd. I'm just amazed how someone doesn't know who the Beatles or Batman are. What, is she like the girl version of the jock who knows everything about sports, but only about sports?

Then again, I'm still freaking out that JP's daughter is 11. Man I'm old.

I have to second the opinion of Mirymate a while back (hell, it might have been a different thread, even) that I *HATE* the retroactive change in SHIED agents uniforms. Nick Fury, and only Nick Fury, wore a dark blue/white uniform; basic agents wore light blue/red. It's in, like, a thousand comics. Light blue and red, dammit! Why is this so hard for anyone to remember? :verymad:

Really? Cause everything I've ever seen is blue and white. All the Hasbro figures are like that and they were dressed that way in EMH. Then again, I've never read an Avengers story in my life, so there you go.

So, who's going to sell tampos of a generic female chest in SHIELD blue? Or is there any chance this figure will suffer the same fate as Spider-Girl's back?

I was just wondering the same thing.

You guys are not alone in remembering it. For those that don't remember, here's the old color breakdown. When did that change occur? It seems to have been a designation that was always fairly nebulous anyway, as my childhood recalls it. Of course, with crappy printing and such a subtle spectrum, I never knew if Fury was wearing brown or orange or what. I actually kind of like the simplicity of everyone wearing white.

Edit: I was just thinking to myself that I may go pick up some extra TRU Cap sets for the Dum Dum and Gabe heads. Now I need to find a suitable Fury head.

Edited by Turtle

I am going to need at least 8 of those SHIELD soldiers. :D

Yes, but how many of them will keep their heads, & how many will become Nick, Dugan, Gabe, etc.?

Really? Cause everything I've ever seen is blue and white. All the Hasbro figures are like that and they were dressed that way in EMH. Then again, I've never read an Avengers story in my life, so there you go.

Sometime about 15 years ago now they dropped the color system. Yes, on the one hand it's easier on the colonist and they get less mail from nit-pickers that they colored Gabe's accessories dark yellow when clearly his should be a lighter shade denoting his special director status. On the other hand, they have lost their distinctiveness and become more homogenized in appearance, like their foes.

That all said he looks like a great modern SHIELD agent. The only draw back is going to be how bad made-on-the-cheap Fury is going to look trying to lead them.

At one point they retired the old SHIELD uniforms and reimagined SHIELD as a leaner, more covert operation (this was in the Nick Fury Vs. SHIELD limited series [which was pretty good], which led to a SHIELD ongoing series in the early '90s [which was not]). At some point they did away with the new SHIELD and brought the old status quo back; I don't think there was ever an in-continuity explanation, they were just... there. Again. Helicarrier, uniforms, guys who were dead/traitors, the whole nine yards. Also at some point, they started coloring the SHIELD uniforms in the dark blue/white scheme, which had always been Nick's look, and Nick's alone. Again, I don't think there was an in-continuity reason for this, it just happened. Kind of like how they decided to draw Captain America with lots of chain mail on his shirt, and a pouchy belt, and we're just supposed to accept that he's ALWAYS looked like that. Marvel drives me nuts sometimes.

BTW, Luke has a really nice Nick Fury decal over at the Factory, for anyone that wants to update their Nick and doesn't want the old, lame, head. Looks great with some Mr. Fantastic hair. I'm sure he won't mind me linking to this:

nickfury.jpg

Edited by hellpop