UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

Jean DeWolff, for those who weren't reading Spider-Man in the late 70'-early 80's, was the first higher level police officer in NYC to embrace working with the usually shakey reputation Spidey. JJJ was still whipping the city into anti-Spidey hysteria back in those days, and Spidey being wanted by the law for some misunderstanding he somehow couldn't clear up was a staple then. So when Cpt. DeWolff started call him in on cases and working with him, it was a big deal. And it was entertaining as Jean had a slight case of batshitcrazy with her 1930's obcessions. Ctp. DeWolf even arranged the pardon for Black Cat's old crimes that allowed Felicia to serve as Spidey' partner without free of being arrested for her past thefts. There were hints that Jean had a crush on Spider-Man and was jealous of Felicia, but they were always hints and undercurrent in the stories. So Jean DeWolff was a strong and growing supporting character that fans of the day were quiet used to seeing. Which made her death quite shocking. Lots of speculation has been made why Jean was shot first by the Sin-Eater.

I think it's as simple as Jean and Stan "Sin-Eater" Carter were lovers for a time, then they broke up. Jean develops a crush on Spidey and Stan's police partner is killed in action. Irrational jealousy is a powerful motivqtot

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean DeWolff, for those who weren't reading Spider-Man in the late 70'-early 80's, was the first higher level police officer in NYC to embrace working with the usually shakey reputation Spidey. JJJ was still whipping the city into anti-Spidey hysteria back in those days, and Spidey being wanted by the law for some misunderstanding he somehow couldn't clear up was a staple then. So when Cpt. DeWolff started call him in on cases and working with him, it was a big deal. And it was entertaining as Jean had a slight case of batshitcrazy with her 1930's obcessions. Ctp. DeWolf even arranged the pardon for Black Cat's old crimes that allowed Felicia to serve as Spidey' partner without free of being arrested for her past thefts. There were hints that Jean had a crush on Spider-Man and was jealous of Felicia, but they were always hints and undercurrent in the stories. So Jean DeWolff was a strong and growing supporting character that fans of the day were quiet used to seeing. Which made her death quite shocking. Lots of speculation has been made why Jean was shot first by the Sin-Eater.

I think it's as simple as Jean and Stan "Sin-Eater" Carter were lovers for a time, then they broke up. Jean develops a crush on Spidey and Stan's police partner is killed in action. Irrational jealousy is a powerful motivqtot

Which is part of the reason I love her.

I also love her in the Ultimate Universe. That was the first time I felt such emotional empathy for a villain since Mr Freeze.

Yeah, I prefer the printed eyes too, and I think the shadowing on this new one looks much better than the MK, he always looked kind of "messy" to me.

And I wish it was Betty too, but now that you can see the other civilian mate's whole silhouette in the group shot, it looks like Jean for sure.

Mod looks swell, Turtle. I might try that myself.

And like the other guys are saying, I think the most significant improvement of the new DD over the Marvel Knights version is gonna have to be the fact that the face won't be painted on in one way while the sculpt is made for it to be painted on another way.

Edited by karamazov80

I have wanted a new DD for ages but I so wanted him to be ....y'know..... right & I just know that he'll be a red plastic blank with DD in black on his chest . He's got to be one of the simplest (cheapest) characters to produce so I implore DST to put some effort into him .

Maybe I'm going to be wrong .....I love being wrong.

Rarely <_<

Edited by buttheadsmate

Heh, ain't that been the hobgoblin of this whole half of the year? Getting a release date?

Very cool! But. . .shouldn't she be dead? a la http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=590&n=Dead+Pegasus+Six

I guess a Minimate that had suffered a shotgun blast to the head wouldn't be very appealing to the kiddies, though. Not that it couldn't be done!

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=910&n=Asylum+Assault+T-1000

Edited by karamazov80

DST, I know tampos are expensive, but seriously. This 'detail only on the front of the arms/legs' crap is getting real old, REAL fast. You don't want to to tampos on the back? fine. We don't need shoulder blades. But seriously. Give us full detail on arms and legs.

Aside from that, I love Jean. She's perfect. Best one out of the whole wave. Thanks!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Dead Pegasus Six ....now there's a Minimate I bloody love.

Just a hint of Scully with this DeWolfe character?

Here's a picture that I've been using for reference lately post-638-0-48389900-1318260021_thumb.jpg & it would appear that our version is wearing Aunt May's comfortable slippers .

What is tragic ...truly tragic ....is the lack of detail in the fish-net dept. because I have so many ideas (custom ideas :rolleyes: ) for characters such as Black Canary & early,very early Black Widow (circa 1965).

Yeah, okay, the badge thing is just cool.

Isn’t a reuse of the unreleased Eddie Murphy badge from “Beverly Hills Cop”?

So admittedly I have no idea who this character is, I get all my Marvel superhero knowledge from cartoons and/or videogames (and no Miry, that wasn’t me asking for her bio, I already read one.) but I really like the look of this figure a lot (the colors and the beret, it just works well), I don’t know who Jean DeWolf is really, but she’s welcome to join my other minimates

I think this is a pretty solid line-up, I like it.