UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

That video is excellent. More clean and professional than I expected. Not that I think DST isn't capable of producing something like that, I'm just surprised they would devote the level of care and attention to it that they did.

Kinda what I was thinking as well. I'd totally buy this as a series, but perhaps not stop motion. Though I don't know why not. It works for Robot Chicken.

I like DST's reply on the FB page.

Me: Very cool. Now bring me the Spanish!

DST: Si!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to where this line is headed. The Spanish will be most welcome. Hopefully they'll get a new ship sculpt

I loved it! Very well done, hope they do more episodes. Too bad the actual ships aren't as big as they looked in the video!

Yeah. It'd be great if the line does well, down the road we got a super-mega ship.

So.... How IS the line doing???

For awhile they were sitting on the pegs after I personally bought over 2 cases worth. They seem to be moving fairly well in SoCal, how is it where everyone else is? I could still get a full set from the shelves in my area.

I really love this line and want to see it continue. But I really wish they would make the accessories (guns, swords, etc) more realistically styled instead of fantasy-style. The biggest, most glaring omission is a minimate-style treasure chest! How can you have pirates without treasure?? Also, a parrot and a monkey (both alive and undead versions please!) should be made similar to the hairless cat from GB World of the Psychic Peter.

Is anyone else concerned about how DST hasn't really started on wave 2 yet??

The line seems to be doing alright around here. (I still think that TRU doesn't really know how to sell Minimates and doesn't do a very good job placing them in stores, but that's a different matter.) They're not flying off the pegs, but they are selling. Based on a Q&A earlier in the month, it sounds like Chuck is too swamped with other things at the moment to have worked much on the next wave of Pirates. DST has a lot on its plate right now. Hopefully he'll get to it soon enough.

I'm hoping in wave 2 we get Mary Read for Jack's crew, some Spaniards, and some more pirate cronies. It's hard to not hope for a Blackbeard/Israel Hands set at some point. And, yeah, some treasure chests, monkeys, and parrots would be great!

I'm really looking forward to where this line is headed. The Spanish will be most welcome. Hopefully they'll get a new ship sculpt

I loved it! Very well done, hope they do more episodes. Too bad the actual ships aren't as big as they looked in the video!

Yeah. It'd be great if the line does well, down the road we got a super-mega ship.

I smell PLAYSET. Come on DST... you know you want to make one for the CJ line. :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

I finally broke down and picked up all 4 pairs this past weekend. I would have done it sooner, but 2 of the 3 TRU near me have sold out of these guys, plus there's only one pair left on the website! I also have the 4 pack on order and will be getting the ship soon too. The detail on these guys is incredible!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't been extremely excited about any of the vehicles (I'm still missing a few here & there), but I broke down and grabbed the wave 2 GitD ship from BBTS and found the wave 1 ship at TRU for $12.99. Haven't opened any of my pirates yet (no display room), but at least I'm all caught up. :blush:

I kinda wish "Bearded Pirate" had a name, though...