UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the boats and the figures that come with 'em, but I just can't force myself to buy them (or any of the Deloreans for that matter). I really want to, but I know the vehicles'll have to get stored in my closet because I have no room for 'em and 13.00 is kinda expensive for just one figure. *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...

Pics of vehicles wave 3 are up and include the two new pirate ships. There aren't any great pics of him, but I think this is the first we've seen of this new British red-coated Colonial Marine. It's a good month for pirates.

Very Cool! I'm also more interested now in KITT than I was before! Assuming these are production pieces and not prototypes, KITT's looking hella slick!

Pics of vehicles wave 3 are up and include the two new pirate ships. There aren't any great pics of him, but I think this is the first we've seen of this new British red-coated Colonial Marine. It's a good month for pirates.

Very Cool! I'm also more interested now in KITT than I was before! Assuming these are production pieces and not prototypes, KITT's looking hella slick!

The pics that show the glossy cars are production -- KARR's light is actually yellow, not red, and I didn't apply any decals, but otherwise they're production.

Sadly, it sounds like basic KITT and the HMS Albion are going to be a spring release at TRU. TRU wants to move more of Series 2 first, since they pretty much just came out.

Sadly, it sounds like basic KITT and the HMS Albion are going to be a spring release at TRU. TRU wants to move more of Series 2 first, since they pretty much just came out.

Ah man, why you gotta keep breakin' my heart, TRU? Daddy needs his Knight Rider...

If no one beats me to it, I'll gladly post pics tonight when I get home from work. This is my favorite of the pirate ships released so far. Maybe Zach can answer this question for me: Why was the decision made to apply a smaller skull decal on the bow of the ship? It's fine and all, it's just that the giant skull decal on the prototype pic looks even cooler. Just curious why the change was made.

My shop got in Kitt and the Femme box set today, but no Vendetta ship. Did anyone else's shop get the ship in today or was the release date for this pushed back?

SPM KITT was sold individually, as a Previews Exclusive. The Vendetta was in a case assortment with KARR. Sounds like your shop didn't order the case assortment?

Question of my own, was a release date for the Pirate Army Builder set announced?

Let me look into that one.

If no one beats me to it, I'll gladly post pics tonight when I get home from work. This is my favorite of the pirate ships released so far. Maybe Zach can answer this question for me: Why was the decision made to apply a smaller skull decal on the bow of the ship? It's fine and all, it's just that the giant skull decal on the prototype pic looks even cooler. Just curious why the change was made.

Just looking at how it changed, I am going to assume they could not get the tampo to apply around the bowsprit like that, without greatly increasing the cost. Jason Wires can do anything with a prototype, but for an assembly line to do that a thousand times... it may have been a necessary cut. Ditto the gold anchors.

Can we expect to see Calico Jack wave 2 at Toy Fair? A semi-recent Q&A seemed to indicate it wasn't very far along the planning stages.

We've been working on it, but as it would likely be exclusive to Toys "R" Us again, the need to have it there isn't as pressing. A lot of retailer exclusives don't come to Toy Fair, because they've already been bought and agreed upon, and therefore don't need to. It's more a sales event than a press event.

I haven't seen a Tru with them not fully stocked and on clearance. which makes me sad.

Of the two-packs? That's very sad. Mine is sold out. I'd hoped it was universal, but I guess not.

3 of mine are sold out or atleast almost sold out, only thing left is one or two ships

@ Zach: When can we expect to see the CJ army/crew building set hit comic book shops?

It may not. At least, not in that format.

Man, that really sucks. I was planning on picking up lots of that set....hopefully we still get it.

I haven't seen a Tru with them not fully stocked and on clearance. which makes me sad.

My local stores are sold out of CJ, minus a few sets here and there. What is interesting to me is that TRU.com actually sold out, I see that as a good sign for the line.