UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted them all as well. I really liked them, especially the skeleton and undead guy.

Agreed. Hopefully one day they will be released.

But the awesome news is that wave 2 will include more accessories than wave 1!!! It worries me that the pirate ship has been pegwarming - it's my favorite! I've already bought two, and I'd buy more if we weren't getting repaints.

Here's hoping for wave 3 and beyond! I still want to see a monkey and a treasure chest included as accesories. I'm happy we're getting the parrot, but my first choice would have been a monkey :biggrin:

these all looked very cool and I'll be picking up at least 2 of each, just like wave 1.

bummer about the 4 pack, i wanted all of them but especially the skeleton and the British Navy officer (both of which might be better suited to a 2 pack for navy building purposes :) .) really hope these show up in wave 3.

well this is a bummer i had some on preorder as well :sad:

Cool Toy Review posted a release schedule (it's also on page 16 of the NY Toy Fair thread that DST provided. As part of wave 2, they've listed British Crewman & Skeleton Warrior and given we've only seen pictures of 5 new characters, it looks like some of the characters from the 4 pack will be in wave 2, with the remainder hopefully in a future wave 3.

This is hopeful speculation on my part and needs to be confirmed of course.

I'm kind of wondering how great the chances are these will get picked up by specialty retailers. If they weren't interested in the four-packs, what's going to make them bite for two-packs?

Hopefully, 2-packs are more attractive to retailers because their price-point makes them a better impulse-buy compared to 4-packs.

I'm kind of wondering how great the chances are these will get picked up by specialty retailers. If they weren't interested in the four-packs, what's going to make them bite for two-packs?

Hopefully, 2-packs are more attractive to retailers because their price-point makes them a better impulse-buy compared to 4-packs.

I think it's the other way around, sadly. Remember, retailers have to buy a whole case (at least) of two packs, whereas they can order as few or as many sets as they want. I'm afraid these are going to be a tough sell to the specialty market, which seems to be less interested in non-comics Minimates in general. I can't imagine that there are going to be a lot of retailers that want to latch onto Minimates without a known property to drive them, especially in a niche genre like pirates, no matter how cool they might be. :(

I wonder, though, if Calico Jack wouldn't be the perfect launching pad for a Minimates collectors' club, or if one of the more supportive Minimate outlets (Luke, AFX, BBTS) would be interested in being the exclusive home to the line. :)

• 1 month later...