UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Huge Surprise planned for ToyFair 2011 - What is it?

ToyFair 2011 Huge Surprise  

61 members have voted

1. 1. So what will be the minimate related surprise?

• DC
    • Disney (including PotC, Muppets, etc)
    • Video Game lines
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Old Movies (like Godfather, Western Trilogy, etc)
    • New Movies (Cowboys and Aliens, etc)
    • Cartoon Shows (Thundercats, Smurfs, etc)
    • Star Wars
    • Sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, WWE)
    • Large Size Minimates
    • New Comic Book lines (not Marvel or DC)
    • James Bond
    • New M.A.X. line
    • TV Show (Buffy, X-Files, Golden Girls, etc)
    • Food related line
    • Something totally different

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could the news be more outlets? like a deal with walmart and target? i know that news would get a lot of people excited.

If Targets in Australia were included, i'd be thrilled. But - they wouldn't be, so i'm hoping we don't see more outlets.

More outlets would lead to more outlet specific exclusives which are not always obtainable for those outside the USA.

This probably isn't the Huge Surprise, but i'd really like to see the Prototypes for wave 40! I'm dying to see how Sinister turns out.

I am betting this big surprise is something we here already know, but the general public would not (like the TRU sku's, which are not supposed to be shared with the public).

Anyway, I am just giving my own guess and I don't mean to offend opinions on what the surprise might be.

I truly hope that I am wrong and that we get something totally brand new. A new license that does not go the way of all those movie boxed sets that never were.

Disney, Star Wars, DC, and all of that would be nice, but I'm specifically hoping for TRON if we get Disney. I know it's not gonna be it, but what if the Surprise is a Minimate Video Game? Or heck, the Ecto-1! :P

IF we get Tron they'd have to be pretty good looking mini's, as i sure as hell wouldn't be buying them based on affection towards the 'film'.

Disney, Star Wars, DC, and all of that would be nice, but I'm specifically hoping for TRON if we get Disney. I know it's not gonna be it, but what if the Surprise is a Minimate Video Game? Or heck, the Ecto-1! :P

IF we get Tron they'd have to be pretty good looking mini's, as i sure as hell wouldn't be buying them based on affection towards the 'film'.

True, I'd honestly just want to get a Minimate Lightcycle to mess around with.

How bout, single packs, choose your own 4 packs from any of their past collections, blank minimates (for all you customization nut jobs) and an internet customize your own minimate kind of like guitar hero, only orderable. That would blow me away. Hell that would be all I really want for Christmas... Oh and a price drop, how bout 4 or 5 dollars a 2 pk.

Wrong section to throw this in but the Max minimate police squad is fantastic, I picked one up yesterday along with movie wolverine/blob. I was bummed out to have to buy another wolverine to get the blob, but the extra police gear works out great for Ta da, a S.W.A.T. force wolverine... and I still have 2 other cops to boot. 3 figs for the price of 2...

Something "big" should hopefully be either:

1) Minimates of Disney/Pixar characters or movies. I was previously hoping for Pirates of the Caribbean since they have so many colorful characters but with DST already having Calico Jack, I doubt we get a minimate of Captain Jack Sparrow anytime soon

2) Minimates of the Hobbit movie with the previously announced but canceled LOTR wave 3 minimates to be released as chases. Doubt this as the movie won't be out until 2012 so this license would be too early

3) Minimates from the DC universe. Maybe with the change of leadership over at DC and them realizing how well the Marvel minimates are doing, will want minimate versions of their heroes, especially with the Green Lantern movie coming out this summer

4) Minimates from the Harry Potter movie. The only concern that I would have here is timing of the license as the final movie is coming out this summer and DST might run into the same problem that they had with the LOTR license; that they got the license too late at the tail end of its popularity. And anyways Medicom will be releasing their kubrick versions of the Harry Potter characters shortly.

5) Minimates of the Star Wars universe; maybe limited to the Clone Wars

6) Minimates from the James Bond universe

Hopefully it is one of the above.

Cool, now that I know that, I need to learn how to delete a thread I started, sorry I'm new here and if theres another page that shows all the generalities of posting, deleting etc. I'd appreciate a link.

linkage

Nothing wrong with being new, we were all new at one point :D

Thundercats all the way... I wouldn't be against Harry Potter Minis as well, but since Kubricks are already lined for HP that's a big shot in the dark...

The notice said it huge and shocking... So hopefully we'll get that MAX shocker figure everyone here has been asking for... <_<

Seriously though I really wouldn't mind the LCS license being spread out to Target and Walmart, not exclusives mind you but the same ones the LCS are getting considering the closest LCS I can get mates from isn't so local... (at least 45 minutes away)

I know I can order them but I don't have a CC I hate paying extra fees to get reusable cards filled, and I'm usually to afraid to give out bank card numbers online...

Does anyone know how literal Chuck usually gets with his hints. When he says big surprise, does he literally mean big?

i doubt its new license but if it is i hope for GI-joe, ive been watching renegades (im not sure if its accurate) but i LOVE it and i want mates of the joes and cobra! also thundercats would be...interesting, im not expecting the return of DC and doctor who seems long gon. it would be cool to see TRON mates. But honestly i expect to just see new stuff from exsisiting licenses, i hope to see more of the sony stuff and maybe wave 2, battlebeasts wave 1, maybe some new MAX lines, and maybe the suprose is marverl related (kang anyone? ;) or giant glactus possible mate). whatever it is im pumped to see it :D

Is it common knowledge that "Ronin Warriors" and "Guardian Robots" are possibly future MAX lines? Could be that, I guess. Although thats not really huge and perhaps everyone already knows that... I dont know whats news anymore!

That's news to me, though I might have just missed this. Are you referring to the "Ronin Warriors" cartoon, or something more generic. And surely, "Guardian Robots" are not Gobots. . .are they?

Edited by karamazov80