UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bro' would be one cool Minimate set. I was going to link the Shaft theme to it but couldn't remember who performed it?

Isaac Hunt?

:D

Issac Hays.

I meant the later version ....maybe I'm thinking about Mike Hunt?

tut tut tut

unless they put Strong Guy in there.

X-Factor Wave:

90's Havok & 90's Polaris

90's Strong Guy & 90's Wolfsbane

90's Mr. Sinister & 90's Multiple Man

AoA Mr. Sinister & 90's Multiple Man

Team done, and not only with their arch-villain, but a highly requested one, too. And a variant to compliment the NYCC boxed sets.

X-Factor Wave:

Team done, and not only with their arch-villain, but a highly requested one, too. And a variant to compliment the NYCC boxed sets.

What about Forge and Shard??!!! It would make a good TRU set! (Since we already have Quicksilver!)

X-Factor Wave:

What about Forge and Shard??!!! It would make a good TRU set! (Since we already have Quicksilver!)

I Sharded once but that's a story for another day. I hope these hit before Christmas I love that Cannonball.

Forge and Shard were later additions to the team.

the original five were Havok, Multiple Man, Polaris, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane and Quicksilver. So a box set would be an excellent way to get the first four, and Shard and Forge could make a two-pack later on or even Wild Child and an updated Quicksilver (I really don't like Quicksilver's face or hair sculpt). If we got a Shard or Wild Child figure I would hope that Val Cooper wouldn't be far behind.

Edited by gilltron

f we got a Shard or Wild Child figure I would hope that Val Cooper wouldn't be far behind.

In her pant-suit? or her X-Factor field uniform?

EDIT: I know this is hardly the right thread for it - but since we are on an X-Factor tangent, i'd really like to see a Random figure in there somewhere too!

Edited by Nessex

f we got a Shard or Wild Child figure I would hope that Val Cooper wouldn't be far behind.

In her pant-suit? or her X-Factor field uniform?

EDIT: I know this is hardly the right thread for it - but since we are on an X-Factor tangent, i'd really like to see a Random figure in there somewhere too!

Be careful what you wish for, or you'll get Upside Down Spider-Man, which is just a regular Spider-Man figure packed upside down..

What?

In an X-Factor wave, he'd be a pretty random figure.

Pretty sure Spidey is just holding him up with one arm, showing off.

Kind of bummed they kept the weird looking eyes for Wolverine, but on the other hand, I'm very happy to get an updated brown version of the guy. "Dark Magneto"?? On the whole, I think this makes for a much cooler wave than what the comic shops are getting.

Notice the comic picture on the back representing "Silver Age" Lizard is actually the more modern, McFarlane-esque incarnation.

Edited by karamazov80

So excited for that Warlock! I hope that "hitting stores now" doesn't mean "hitting stores in January or something."

It said to keep an eye out for holiday shopping? Hopefully they meant it. Keep an eye out for the exclusives for me LM. My budget starts January.

I wonder if Mags will come with a dark head like the AoA set. My guess is yes.

Magneto's helmut and boots look like they might be AoA re-issues.

Seems like they had him painted up with some metallic purple in the promo image on the back. Shame they didn't keep it for the actual boxed figure - looks like they've gone with plain ol' lavender again.

Edited by Nessex

You guys talking about Spidey's eyes made me realize something I've been wishing for to be fixed possibly being fixed. That red bar on top of Spidey's chest is gone! I showed some previously released Spideys that had the red bar to Chuck at SDCC and he didn't know about it then. If this is fixed, that means I'll actually be buying a handful of Spideys again!

Spidey with red bar on top of chest:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...pideylizard.jpg

Spidey without red bar on top of chest:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...lizardfront.jpg

Edited by storm 1:08

So isn't the rule of thumb that once we see the packaged pictures it takes about 6 weeks for them to hit the store shelves?

On another note, I'm glad Magik has that Shoulder pad thing on her metallic arm. She didn't have that when we saw the prototype pics and I think it's a nice little detail.

Edited by Serge_Havok