UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck in Northern California yet, hoping these hit soon.

I work at a store here in northern california and i check the computer regularly and haven't seen them yet.although we have 24 as 'pending'. did get the halo mates in and sold out of the two packs in one day and have 3 warthogs left.

Forsyth County GA is dry.

As is, I think, most all our neighboring counties. I really can't keep track of counties while driving in Georgia. You other states don't know how good you have it.

Edited by Trekker 42

I guess I'm the only one in the entire state of California (in SoCal) who found them? The store I visited probably got one box that leaked out. I wouldn't be surprised if stores are still getting restocks of the FF wave from the west coast warehouse. There's a lot pegwarming still...

tucson just got restocked ff last week still are cool though can't wait!

Given that my store passed on the two latest box sets, and still has a decent supply of series 8, as well as some Universal Monsters, Iron Man 2 sets, and even a few Wolverine sets, I'm not holding my breath on these showing up in eastern NC.

They had good sell through on the MAX 2-packs though, and we did just get HALO, so maybe we'll get them. I just can't count on it anymore. Marvel has always been hit and miss. My store has gotten everything else that has been released, but Marvel always seems to skip around. All I know is that my store usually gets the ones that show up online and not the ones that fail to, so its very frustrating from a collector's standpoint to have access to a retail market that might carry Minimates but does not necessarily carry them.

My brain is squirming like a toad for details on the Lizard! ACK!

Ssseriousssly, when isss sssomebody gonna possst picsss of Doc Connersss? Surely sssomebody

hasss sssecured hisss minimate.*

* My bessst attempt of ssspeaking like the Lizard.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My brain is squirming like a toad for details on the Lizard! ACK!

Ssseriousssly, when isss sssomebody gonna possst picsss of Doc Connersss? Surely sssomebody

hasss sssecured hisss minimate.*

* My bessst attempt of ssspeaking like the Lizard.

When did Cobra Commander join the Multiverse?? ;)

In all seriousness...i'm sadly doubting Conners in in there too...if he is, it justifies me getting two sets. But i fear he's never getting a mate. :confused:

I found the remenents of this wave in Burbank this morning. Of course all the good exclusives were picked over, but it's still cool to find a Lizard. BTW, they've started stocking them in both the 'adult collector' aisle as well as the Marvel Aisle, so keep your eyes open.

Also Also, I check Atwater Village and they had nothing but tons and TONS of Dr. Doom/Mr Fantastic packs.

I'm gonna try to check again later this week, maybe wednesday. I'll let you know what happens.

Also Also, I finally found something to do with all those Spidey's I had laying around. A quick switcharoo with the arms of the newest six-armed one, and a head swapped for the Spider-Carnage from wave seven and BOOM! Instant Doppleganger.

It's pretty sweet, and WAY cooler than just a plain ol' six armed spidey.

Hopes ya digs.

post-2762-1292898941_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

Quick Question: Is 6-arm Spidey missing some of his webbing around the insides of his wrists and ankles as is the current trend?

Yeah, that does seem to be the case. You know, until you mentioned I didn't notice at all. When did they start that trend?

That's one stinky-ass trend, I think. The only one I've noticed it on so far has been pictures of the Modern Heroic Age version. Talk about skimping out! I hope this doesn't continue.

Thanks guys!

Quick Question: Is 6-arm Spidey missing some of his webbing around the insides of his wrists and ankles as is the current trend?

Yeah, that does seem to be the case. You know, until you mentioned I didn't notice at all. When did they start that trend?

The wrists missing webbing is new to me and I do not approve! Why does Chuck hate me?!?! The webbing on the ankles, I don't recall a past Spidey getting that but at least that is in line with some other figures in the past (like Astonishing Cyclops). Not that I like it...

Okay, I'm going to calm down and hope it's a TRU figure difference and the normal wave will correct it. It will. It will. It has to! :(

That Spidey already seemed like it was an expensive figure, but the lack of those webbing proves it. -sigh- Now I gotta hunt ebay for an extra Spidey or three...

Missing details on the inside of the arms goes back at least as far as Modern Thor, and you can see it on TRU Thing, AoA Cyke, maybe others I'm forgetting... I was happy to see the wrist webbing was there on the Disney Store Spidey at least.

That's true. My answer, however, was pertaining just to Spider-Man's webbing on past figures. :)