UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

thank you -love eye candy!! your second pic is perfeect (haha)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to buy two sets to get that Cypher figure I just wish he had a better hair piece.

Magik looks amazing, I love that teleportation piece.

Also can't wait to get X-Force Cannonball and Shatterstar!

Douglock/warlock doesn't really come with any extra pieces. there are two extra solid black hands and two extra solid black feet. I used a spare new mutant to swap out the inside chest piece, the head and crotch. the arms and legs have no phalanx tech markings, I left them on the "warlock" figure (who now has a solid yellow crotch, a random head underneath the frenchfry head and a random torso).

Looks like I'll finally have to buy that New Mutants set then.

added some more. had a request for mag's heads and shatterstar from some other angles.

thanks for all the pics, I am glad to see these as they were some great looking mates when first shown and I am glad they didnt lose anything

your quick customs for filling out the new mutants roaster are pretty nice, might have to 'borrow' a few of those ideas as well!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Got up extra earlier and drove around to the local TRU's and found a case of the new wave. Some parents/grandparents must have already been through them since there were two spidey/lizard and one magneto/wolverine missing. Thankfully everything else was still there.

The designs, extra parts, etc for this wave are excellent, however the quality is poor (worst in awhile). Each set has lots of paint slop, paint missing (especially magneto), paint flexing off and thin paint with the plastic color showing through. Also, Magik and Warlock (human head) have a giant mold line down the middle of their faces.

The quality issues don't ruin any of the minimates but it takes them down a notch.

Drove to the TRU near me again today. Nothing new, just the shelves even more trashed then yesterday. Hope I find these, or like the last wave, they appear on the online store. Spidey/Lizard I'll wait for the wave 37 release on, but everyone else is 'DO WANT'.

Just debating what last attempt I'll make this next week to go and try again. Tuesday maybe? Seriously, with the holidays the days when new stuff comes in is more difficult to figure out.

heading to my toysrus, hoping to find multiples. any SKU numbers? and anyone know the case ratio?

p.s. i hope they reuse magiks teleport stand for night crawler in the excalibur pack

Edited by robomate

p.s. i hope they reuse magiks teleport stand for night crawler in the excalibur pack

I mentioned this a while back, but i'll repeat.

Spoke to Chuck at NYCC and this was one of the things i asked. He said they hadn't intended/planned to do it. I'm not sure if he considered it later, but i'm doubting it. :confused:

heading to my toysrus, hoping to find multiples. any SKU numbers? and anyone know the case ratio?

SKU is same as the FF wave.

Normal ratios. Exclusives is 2 each, non-exclusives is 4 each.

x4 Arm-ey Spidey/Lizard

x4 Wolverine/Magneto

x2 Cannonball/Shatterstar

x2 Magik/Warlock

Good luck! Seems like stores are restocking with either the FF wave or this new wave. Just beware... There was a case in the back where I visited and when they took it out, it was the FF.

yeah me to the case they brought out today was ff -no new wave her so i bought some more ff i like the atlantean armor excelent parts for cutomizing

Found these in central VA today while out looking for Monster High dolls... I didn't know these packs were due, and was extremely happy to find them! Based on the case ratio mentioned above, they must have put out 2 cases, since there were 3 Cannonball packs on the pegs. Surprisingly, though, there was only 1 Wolverine pack... maybe he IS the number one seller.

Anyway, despite issues with he hands and feet falling right off, I like these a lot. Now I'll just need to get extra New Mutant sets to start rounding out the team.

SKU is same as the FF wave.

I think that may also explain why, for the last few weeks, TRU.com had Sue Storm/Mole Man and Namor/Atlantean Soldier listed as "pre-order - coming soon". Whoever runs inventory for the website must have seen restock with that item number and thought they were getting more of the previous wave.

Those pre-orders are gone from the site now, so maybe they will be adding new entries for the new wave soon?

Nada in SW Washington yet. But at least I unsuspectingly found the Halo Series 1 sets.

Nada here in Northwest Washington I am hoping for soon though