UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

If Annihilus and Ronan are going to be made I wouldn't be surprised if DST held them back for a cosmic-themed wave. Throw Gladiator in as well and you'd have a wave that could appeal to cosmic, FF, and X-men fans.

Gladiator would be opening a whole new can of worms. I'd rather see them finish off The Inhumans before getting into The Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

I'd rather see Quasar, classic or current and/or the Guardians of the Galaxy if we're going down the cosmic road.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do Gladiator, I don't think it's as much of an issue of doing the Imperial Guard as much as it is doing Lilandra, Deathbird, D'Ken, Corsair, Ch'od, Raza, Hepzibah, Eric the Red, Black Tom Cassidy, current Starjammers Havok & Polaris, Vulcan, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus, Ronan...*deep breath*

You can't just stop at Gladiator, so it's still a can of worms.

And, one, might I add, that I'd LOVE to see opened. :)

Silver armor Lilandra with the black bathing suit variant (or vice versa), D'Ken with the M'Kraan Crystal, maybe get an updated, bulked up Juggernaut with Black Tom, finish the Inhumans, be able to reenact the entire Phoenix saga & War of Kings...pleasepleaseplease!!! :D

If you do Gladiator, I don't think it's as much of an issue of doing the Imperial Guard as much as it is doing Lilandra, Deathbird, D'Ken, Corsair, Ch'od, Raza, Hepzibah, Eric the Red, Black Tom Cassidy, current Starjammers Havok & Polaris, Vulcan, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus, Ronan...*deep breath*

You can't just stop at Gladiator, so it's still a can of worms.

And, one, might I add, that I'd LOVE to see opened. :)

Silver armor Lilandra with the black bathing suit variant (or vice versa), D'Ken with the M'Kraan Crystal, maybe get an updated, bulked up Juggernaut with Black Tom, finish the Inhumans, be able to reenact the entire Phoenix saga & War of Kings...pleasepleaseplease!!! :D

I guess if you pack Gladiator with Lilandra that would be good enough for most folks. I just hate seeing a team started when others are so far from finished.

• 4 weeks later...

So far no new TRU wave of minimates...went to my local store today, but I get the feeling within the next week or two we should probably start seeing them, don't quote me on that. Just a feeling I have given out TRU's pegs have been empty for a few weeks.

Between the Black Bolt and Lockjaw minimates, my quick custom Medusa... and the two Marvel Masterworks Inhumans hardcovers I just read along with my long affection for these characters and the goings-on in the "cosmic books", I really hope we get Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, Triton, Karnak, Maximus and an Alpha Primative.

I think I may just want these more than *gasp* Kang!

has anyone who order them online received their package yet?

Did anyone ever actually get to order them online ? Were they ever actually in stock ?

If memory serves me correctly, somebody (Turtle I think) had posted that Marvel wave 8 had showed up briefly on the TRU.com website one morning. Stock sold out super fast.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I asked a friend of mine who works at my local TRU to look them up in the system and he said they were not scheduled to show up in the next week. I am really hoping he was not correct. I cannot wait for these to start hitting the shelves. While I am happy with the Fantastic Four we have, these look so much better and I am really looking forward to these villains and especially the troop builder.

Bring on the four!

Errr.. Eight!

has anyone who order them online received their package yet?

Did anyone ever actually get to order them online ? Were they ever actually in stock ?

If memory serves me correctly, somebody (Turtle I think) had posted that Marvel wave 8 had showed up briefly on the TRU.com website one morning. Stock sold out super fast.

Fwoosheyman posted that news, but I don't think these were ever actually in stock. It's pretty common for tru.com to list something online as sold out a couple weeks before it is available. One of the many completely non-frustrating things about tru.com.

Okay, on the topic of variants and what you do or don't buy when you come up empty handed...

It IS a sound business model.

A variant or short packed toy that sells for 7 dollars when it IS in stock, but generates repeat trips, stands to generate far more profit than a toy that sells for 7 dollars after a single trip.

Ten, I know YOU set a budget. Trust me, I work at Toys R Us. Most people don't (OR that budget is ridiculously high).

There are others among you who say you get angry when your goal isn't obtained, and leave frustrated and empty handed. Sorry? Or, good for you? I don't really know. I DO know that working at the store, you're in the minority. I see these guys line up every day we have a truck, and just because they don't get what they were looking for doesn't mean they don't get something.

I know you hate the effects of this policy, but believe me... it IS good business, and I've seen it in practice. Four or five people on a message board accessible to the whole world have come down on the side of "If they don't have what I want, I buy nothing." I work at ONE store where we have five to ten people who do NOT exercise that approach. Even if you low-ball that number, but then multiply it by every Toys R Us out there, you're still looking at what would constitute a "good business practice."

And here's why:

They WILL get your 7 dollars, eventually. Or someone's. They don't care who buys that figure, just that someone does. And whatever else they sell along they way is additional profit. And the next time an exclusive comes out, everyone will follow the same exact practices. The number of people who are going to stop buying from TRU just to teach them a lesson is infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things, so this business practice is nearly ZERO risk.

You all hate it, so you want it to be wrong, and you apply whatever reasoning you can to prove it's wrong, and I get that there are plenty of ways that it APPEARS to be wrong, but I assure you... if it was wrong, it would stop. It's been time tested. It works for them.

Okay, on the topic of variants and what you do or don't buy when you come up empty handed...

A variant or short packed toy that sells for 7 dollars when it IS in stock, but generates repeat trips, stands to generate far more profit than a toy that sells for 7 dollars after a single trip.

Ten, I know YOU set a budget. Trust me, I work at Toys R Us. Most people don't (OR that budget is ridiculously high).

There are others among you who say you get angry when your goal isn't obtained, and leave frustrated and empty handed. Sorry? Or, good for you? I don't really know. I DO know that working at the store, you're in the minority. I see these guys line up every day we have a truck, and just because they don't get what they were looking for doesn't mean they don't get something.

I know you hate the effects of this policy, but believe me... it IS good business, and I've seen it in practice. Four or five people on a message board accessible to the whole world have come down on the side of "If they don't have what I want, I buy nothing." I work at ONE store where we have five to ten people who do NOT exercise that approach. Even if you low-ball that number, but then multiply it by every Toys R Us out there, you're still looking at what would constitute a "good business practice."

And here's why:

They WILL get your 7 dollars, eventually. Or someone's. They don't care who buys that figure, just that someone does. And whatever else they sell along they way is additional profit. And the next time an exclusive comes out, everyone will follow the same exact practices. The number of people who are going to stop buying from TRU just to teach them a lesson is infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things, so this business practice is nearly ZERO risk.

You all hate it, so you want it to be wrong, and you apply whatever reasoning you can to prove it's wrong, and I get that there are plenty of ways that it APPEARS to be wrong, but I assure you... if it was wrong, it would stop. It's been time tested. It works for them.

This is the best post I've read here in several months. The most factual and rage-extinguishing-thru-logic thing... I love it so much. I want to memorize this as my mantra.

And here's why:

This is the best post I've read here in several months. The most factual and rage-extinguishing-thru-logic thing... I love it so much. I want to memorize this as my mantra.

+1 great stuff

And here's why:

So what if you're right... I'm still gonna bitch & moan :P

BS

i walked in and walked right out today after not seeing mates. I would do that most of the time but i used to work there and like to chit chat with the people still around from my day. Or i buy a soda.

off topic but Mnemosis; we have these scalpers that come in first thing in the morning and buy stuff then return them exactly 7 days later, i assume because they did not sell on ebay. What do you guys do about these dudes? My bosses always said we couldnt do anything but other stores can be different.