UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

Odd choice to use Stay Puft feet on Thing. He just looks weird with fat hands, feet, and body, and tiny arms and legs.

I'll need 3 Reeds though, to make non-phased Sue, non-flamed Johnny, and just have a Reed.

Nothing in Greenville yet, but at least they have a dedicated Minimate section here now.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd choice to use Stay Puft feet on Thing. He just looks weird with fat hands, feet, and body, and tiny arms and legs.

I'll need 3 Reeds though, to make non-phased Sue, non-flamed Johnny, and just have a Reed.

Nothing in Greenville yet, but at least they have a dedicated Minimate section here now.

I think someone said that Sue has extra non-phasing limbs, so that's only 2 for you. ;)

I gotta say, apart from Sue's hair (which I already swapped out with Moonstone Miss Marvel) and the increased detail on Reed's chest (which still looks a bit funky) I'm not seeing much about these new figures that are improvements over the previous incarnations to me. I will get them, and I think the 4 symbol on Torch is nifty, as is the more "modern" Reed face. But that Invisible Girl is pretty blah looking with an ill-suited facial expression (would be better for 90s Rogue or something), and that Thing is just horrible all the way around. As for the non-FF, Namor's face is freaky looking and the chest color looks similar to the recent Black Cat. Atlantean Warrior is alright, but not an army builder I care too much for.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that's my impressions here. I don't think these will be hard to find.

Question for anybody who has the Namor / Atlantean soldier set: Does the Atlantean soldier come with Lobo's hairpiece (as shown in the Fwoosh forum pic) or is that just the photographer having some fun?

he comes with lobo's hair slightly altered and also when you take off his golden armor he has a few atlantean markings

I was able to find these while on a business trip earlier in the week in CT.

It's definitely a mixed bag for this wave. Reed, Sue and Storm are all excellent and welcome updates.

Moleman is missing the chest details shown on the package and the Moon Knight cape while it looks great, makes him impossible to stand. I think I might trim the cape some and glue it in place.

Thing is just horrible with the head/face being the only good part of the whole minimate.

Doom, Namor and Atlantain are all good solid mates but kinda dull/unnecessary. I would have preferred choices like Ronan, Annihilus, Terrax, Moloid or even the Amazing Bagman.

That pic of Namor and the soldiers looks like an 80's glam-rock band. Namor needs Marty McFly's guitar and it would be complete.

I thought the same thing when I saw those. I was going to pass on Namor but the Atlantian comes with one of Cables guns and I need another.

I went to my local Toys R Us today and found the whole set. I bought all of them plus an extra Namor set. I think at this point I'm becoming a completist. Hmm. Well anyways pretty cool set with a different styled Doom and Mole Man. On a side note, I also saw the Universal Monsters minimates with the Wolfman and Talbot.

Yeah I have to say, with the out of package pics I'm just not feeling these, except for maybe Sue. Cos she's lovely :)

Doom looks as bad as the Secret Wars one, the Thing just looks wrong, as bad as some of the Hulks. Reed is the same as his BD one, and Johnny looks OK I guess but the HT we already have is good enough. Mole Man looks OK, but I consider him non-esssential.

It occured to me at work today... does anybody feel like this FF set won't really be complete until we get the Wave 37 Thing to go with 'em?

I hit 3 local TRUs today and came up with NADA! Shelves were either bare or clogged up with IRON MAN 2, Stilt Mans and Crimson Dynamos....

same here nothing at my stores yet -hopfully soon

My TRU had nothing on Saturday but they were resetting the isles and there were 3 different locations where minimates were. They spread out their stock so pegs had at least one on each peg so I can only hope the FF wave is coming real soon to fill those pegs.