UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great and I hope everybody has great luck finding them. I think I'd like that Thing better if he had bulky arms/legs like the other new one that's coming out soon in the regular wave, though.

Same here. I like my old kitbashed Ben better than this one. When is wave 37 going to hit? Thats the Thing I want.

I went by TRU today hoping to find these but no luck. Although here is a picture of the Minimates Section that my friend that works there told me about a while back.

post-955-1284686362_thumb.jpg

This makes me cry. Oh, how i wish Australian TRU's carried MiniMates. :(

I went by TRU today hoping to find these but no luck. Although here is a picture of the Minimates Section that my friend that works there told me about a while back.

post-955-1284686362_thumb.jpg

:woot:

Man, I wish my TRU was that well organized and stocked... <_<

my thoughts exactly!

i check my TRU no luck on ff wave, but tons of iron men (comic and movie)

I really can't wait for these to show up... except for that Thing. WTF is with those moon boots? Hopefully he comes with normal feet. Not so sure about that chest piece either, I kinda like the original PH chest for Thing.

BS

He does, but they don't look right on him with all the other bulky pieces, and unfortunately there's no tampo on the chest underneath. I was really surprised when I got him that he's not the same one as in wave 37 (guess I never looked that closely at the pictures ).

Is there an official "I live out side of the US and need help getting the latest TRU" thread anywhere? If not maybe we should look at making one? Otherwise I'm sure requests like that could get lost in threads like this.

I really can't wait for these to show up... except for that Thing. WTF is with those moon boots? Hopefully he comes with normal feet. Not so sure about that chest piece either, I kinda like the original PH chest for Thing.

BS

He does, but they don't look right on him with all the other bulky pieces, and unfortunately there's no tampo on the chest underneath. I was really surprised when I got him that he's not the same one as in wave 37 (guess I never looked that closely at the pictures ).

Hmmmm... that stinks. Maybe I'll skip this pack, but that Torch is pretty cool. Decisions, decisions.

BS

Just checked my TRU as they were unpacking a shipment, no luck and none at the other nearby stores in Michigan yet either, per the item number lookup. So probably 2-3 weeks to go before they hit here.

On the plus side, I picked up the Marvel Universe Ghost Rider and Mary Jane figures, so if anyone wants to even trade these for Namor/Atlantean Soldier packs, just PM me.

Ran out at lunch and checked TRU. Jackpot FF and the Universal Monsters. Picked up all od the FF wave but the Namor pack. I may break down and get him though because the Atlantian will work for a Ronan custom I want to try. He also comes with one of the guns that Cable came with that has the peg holes. I really want another so I can make a big ass cable worthy gun. I also picked up the Black & White Wolfman/Creature pack

ff-2.jpg

Ben is better than I expected. I kinda like him (until 37 hits)

molevic.jpg

Doom is WAY better than I thought he would be. To confirm, hes gun does appear to be new.

Moleman is REALLY hard to stand

Sorry for the less than spectacular pics... best I could do at work.

Enjoy!

Great pics; the F4 (minus Thing, but we knew that) look, well, Fantastic!! Sue looks incredible, and i can't wait to get her pack more than anyone else's. :)

Also, do you know if Doom's new Moon Knight Hood's color matches Mole Man's cape?? I'd love to use that combo on Villains Doom and finally perfect him.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I don't mind the moon boots, but I was hoping they'd lose that extra-long chest piece sometime between the prototype and the release, like they did with Anti-Venom...

All in all, looks like a great Four! Not sure about the powerhouse belly piece on Mole Man, looks a bit pregnant.

Edited by battlecat

I don't mind the moon boots, but I was hoping they'd lose that extra-long chest piece sometime between the prototype and the release, like they did with Anti-Venom...

All in all, looks like a great Four! Not sure about the powerhouse belly piece on Mole Man, looks a bit pregnant.

Based on that comment, I now would like a minimate of a pregnant Sue Storm. THAT would be an interesting figure. Preggers Sue Storm and HERBIE 2-pack!

Yeah, the height on Ben looks a bit off, especially since his head seems to add some height as well. We looks too tall and not broad enough. I think the moon boots look ok. I really like that the black areas of the FF costume on Johnny are an opaque red. Nice little touch. Overall, this looks every bit the killer wave I hoped it'd be.

Edited by Turtle