UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 code

minijeff

However, is it wrong for me to be somewhat underwhelmed by today's reveal being the army-builder? I was kinda expecting one of the wave's heavy hitters today, at least to dispel the notion of this truly being a Spidey-centric wave. (Although if the Shellhead-centric army builder is any indication...)

Now weren't you saying on the other wave that they should save the big hits for the last? Do I hear NR complaining when DST is simply following her advice? :)

And the Vault Guard is a great army builder for us long-time readers. As Mirymate said, the armor has ties with Iron Man, but they have shown up in Spidey titles a lot.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks weird. Would have preferred Kree army builder, but like I suggested in a previous post, maybe we are due for a wacky, obscur-o wave chock full of strange characters/outfits. After all, the last one we had was 7 waves ago. If these are characters that the folks at AA/DST really want, then they more than deserve the right to have them made after recently pacifying us with pretty much everything we have bitched and complained about--Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Ultimates, Red Skull, army builders, Hercules, Black Widow, likely Captain Marvel, etc. etc.. . .well, minus Kang, but who really wants that loser, anyway? He looks so dumb with his stupid blue and purple face.

Make up your frakkin' minds! Now I'M getting blue in the face :blink:

However, is it wrong for me to be somewhat underwhelmed by today's reveal being the army-builder? I was kinda expecting one of the wave's heavy hitters today, at least to dispel the notion of this truly being a Spidey-centric wave. (Although if the Shellhead-centric army builder is any indication...)

Now weren't you saying on the other wave that they should save the big hits for the last? Do I hear NR complaining when DST is simply following her advice? :)

Good point... DST actually followed something I said!? :ohmy: And I thought DST only listen to what we say when it comes to semi-obscure characters getting mateyfied :lol:

I guess to be fair... when I made that comment before I didn't realize DST was gonna be hitting us with the Spidey-variant stick again in Wave 30. (Hooray, saving throw! :P)

I'm really glad they are finally making Spider-Girl. It seems like such a no-brainer, I can't believe they haven't done so yet. I mean, we get a new character, they get another Spidey figure. Win-win. Anyway, May is a great character, and I'm glad to finally get her in 'mate form. Here's hoping she and HOM Spidey are the variant pairing, so I won't have to buy HOM Spidey!

Nice design for the army builder. I now pleasantly await my Wave 31 Hellfire Club w/ Goons. :P

A boy can dream. And want dominatrix-Jeanie. ;)

I gotta say, besides HoM, i really am warming up to this wave. I'm a Spider-girl fan FAR MORE than Spidey, am happily awaiting her arrival. Scorpion is a must, and he needs to come with a Venom-tail if Venom doesn't get one. The army-builder thing just gets better and better, and it's good to know that they're delving really deep to get these guys, like the Vault Guards i'd never heard of before this but totally like after seeing them. Cool. :)

Gotta say - i'm with Two-Face on wanting my Hellfire Club & Goons. Sebastian, Black Queen Jean & some goons would be AWESOME. Would love to see a Mastermind, Harry Leland, Donald Pierce & Selene too - but that might be a *bit* of a pipe dream. LOL.

I'm a bit torn over whether it's a good idea or not to draw out the release of the Army Builders. I'm pretty sure there has been more noise about Hellfire Goons than about Vault Guards . . . but maybe by keeping us waiting, AA/DST ensures the longevity of the line???

My problem without seeing the control are is that the Spidergirl costume is identical to the Ben Reilly costume which we have already.

But with Boobs . . . they told you about the boobs right? There's gonna be boobs!

My problem without seeing the control are is that the Spidergirl costume is identical to the Ben Reilly costume which we have already.

But with Boobs . . . they told you about the boobs right? There's gonna be boobs!

wow boobs on a spiderman...pass

it pretty much might be a spiderman/ben rielly with boobs(

sweet

) but it seems like someone can scratch off the boobs,change the head,and boom, an improvement of a ben reillyminimate(which we need)

Edited by clayface1

sweet

) but it seems like someone can scratch off the boobs,change the head,and boom, an improvement of a ben reillyminimate(which we need)

here is a small list of things we need before a new ben reily mate.

1. black knight

2. jocasta

3. long shot

4. kang

5. every other marvel character yet to be minimated

6. world piece

7. really good chicago style pizza

8. a case of miller light

9. cure for cancer

10. recovery from the recession

11. a hole in the head.

and that is the small list.

I miss 2006 SOOOOO bad right now. It's true what they say. Familiarity breeds contempt. We've been showered with goodies and have turned into spoiled children.

this has nothing to do with familiarity...it is just venting about yet ANOTHER spider man. I get it, spidey sells to kids and parents I get it....but I dont have to like it.

I was here during the lean years, and remember when there was very little coming and the future of minimates was shaky at best. I am very grateful to DST for the great mates that are due out this year, I just really wanted to see that trend continue...and for me spider man doesnt do it.

So maybe we are acting a bit spoiled, I am sure that is easy to say considering you are on another site, begging people to vote spiderman on the secret wars box set. You like spiderman so this is your ham sandwich. I prefer mine with some mustard.

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

What?? Then screw them, too. Screw all the stupid blue-faced freaks.

I'm telling the Smurfs what you said.

And I just told Archangel.

He's pissed.

You might want to hide.

I still think the Spider-Slayer should have been the army builder.

What?? Then screw them, too. Screw all the stupid blue-faced freaks.

I'm telling the Smurfs what you said.

And I just told Archangel.

He's pissed.

You might want to hide.

I still think the Spider-Slayer should have been the army builder.

and I just heard back from Hank McCoy and he is crying..way to go K

sweet

My bet is that May will come with a removale mask and a hairpiece to distance herself from the Ben Reily minimate.

Edited by MINI_MYTE