UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 code

minijeff

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the last spot is the one that gets the variant, I'd LOVE it if like the last Spider-Man wave there were two more villains packed in with the Guardsmen. That way it'd increase the chances of seeing Vulture, Lizard, or Tombstone. Odds of that are slim. I'd wager we got Kraven/Tarantula last time in part because neither of them needed any new parts. Vulture and Lizard would need new tooling and that probably prices them out of being variants.

In my fondest hopes for tomorrow's reveal, they will announce a classic Vulture figure, with either the new Vulture or that silly armored Vulture costume from the eary 90's s as the variant.

Alternately you'd have a classic green/yellow Doc Ock with new, improved tentacles, and one of Doc's other costumes as the variant. I'd preffer the white suit wearing version drawn by Larson, but the trenchcoated, movie influenced look would be okay too. Heck an Octo-Spidey as a Doc Ock variant would be acceptable if we could get some bendy tentacles.

And in a flight of pure fancy, I'd LOVE IT if we got a Lizard / Guardsman 2 pack, with Stegron variant. But that is just dreamin' too hard.

i hope this wave will be like the last spidey wave and come with two more villains one as a varient ,maybe lizard and vulture

Edited by robomate

I bet Spider-Girl is packed with the Guardsman, and the variant is... Aunt May.

I was thinking that Scorpion would be with the Guardsman, with J. Jonah Jameson as the variant (Y'know, since Jameson provided the funding to make the Scorpion). I think I like your idea better.

DST should hurry up and make Kang so that his dedicated fans can rest easy. We should get a boxset with Kang, Rama-Tut, Immortus, and Iron Lad.

What, no Scarlet Centurion? Surely you jest, he's twice the character that Iron Lad is. :)

I figured that if we got Iron Lad in a boxset, we could get a wave of Young Avengers:

Patriot/ Hawkeye

Stature/ Speed

Wiccan/ Hulkling

We already have Vision 2.0, so that would get us all of the Young Avengers in a single stroke. Brilliant, right? ;)

On topic, the news about Electro is fantastic!

I also forgot to say thank you MoC. "wash your mouth out with a revolver" and "I hope your nutsack gets caught on a barb wire fence" are two excellent and powerful statements. I approve of this message and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sadly, i think the last two are going to be Spider-Men. You just know that DST isn't going to give us 3 of the four big villains that were left all in one wave - the need them so that the fans will have a reason to purchase the next Spidey wave (with three or four more Spidey variants!)

I have a feeling the line-up will be

House of M Spider-Man/Electro

Spider-Girl/Scorpion

Another Spider-Man Mate/Vault Guard

Another Spider-Man Variant/Vault Guard

My fingers are crossed that, at the least, the last two are worthwhile Spidey mates, like 6-Armed Spidey and Man-Spider

Getting Electro and Scorpion is a great news! We don't need those new Spideys (although I really love Spidey and some actual minimates might look way cooler than one might have thought in the first place), but it's OK if that is what it takes to finally get those two major villains. The Vault Guard as an army builder on the other hand isn't my top choice (actually he isn't in my personal top ten of top choices for army builders at all) and I have to admit that I was glad somebody pointed out who this guy is at all. I'm a little disapointed here.

But all in all, aside from the "any new Minimate is good news" aspect, we are getting awesome new 'mates in future and I bet there are a lot more to come, if you think of possible TRU and FAX exclusives. So I'm pretty grateful.

the need them so that the fans will have a reason to purchase the next Spidey wave (with three or four more Spidey variants!)

I guess DST is producing Spidermen to actually be able to sell those waves although less known characters are included (yes, I'd say Electro and Scorpion are unknown to many people*). I don't think it's vice versa.**

____

*: normal people willing to buy Spiderman Legos, not true believers.

**: on the other hand... :blink:

I think we may have had the Spiders for this wave and may just get some other figures. My thinking on this is because of the TRU stuff and the way they mix and match 2 packs. The House of M Spidey and the Spidergirl costume designs look so similar to the standard Spidey design as to easily pass as such for the casual buyer. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like JJJ as the next reveal.

I have a feeling that we are going to see some of the Brand New Day characters here-- unfortunately. Jackpot, Menace (that's his/her name, right?), or Anti-Venom. Hopefully they will be packaged together and easy to skip. But we're getting three of the Spidey characters that I really wanted (Electro, Scorpion, and Spider-Girl), so I really can't complain. Much, anyway.

Edited by hellpop