UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 30 code

minijeff

I wouldn't mind a six arm Spidey someday,

Here's hoping this wave's final Spidey is Man-Spider with a variant of six-armed Spidey. Or vice versa. Either way that would be super cool. And it might make the HOM Spidey acceptable. And a generic thug would even be cool for a variant; it's gotta hap[pen sometime.

I'm not a big fan of civilian style mates but packed with a spidey this might work. The thug could have removable pieces like the hydra figures to get 2 looks and a double sided face like the secret invasion mates to get another 2 looks. This being said I would still take the army builders as they are now compared to generic civilian figures.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five spidey-mates that we need:

Amazing Bag-Man

Electro

Lizard

Vulture

Kang

Okay, I know Kang, isn't technically a spidey character, but hasn't everyone faced kang at least once?

Kang and Spider-Man were the plot points in Avengers #11, volume 1. Kang uses a Spidey robot to try and destroy the Avengers while the real Spidey was around at the same time. Shenanigans!

Aha! I knew they were connected. Everyone is connected.

:highfive2:

A six-armed Spidey and a Man-Spider are the ONLY Spider-Man variants that really need to be made. Everything else is just phoning it in.

Spider-Ham.

amen brother...there are a few runs that could be done there....gimmie a boxset with Peter Porker, Spider Ham, Hulk Bunny and Captian Americat! or even just the various Spider Ham costumes would be sweet!

Jeff of the Miniacs

my anticipation for tomorrow's reveal is very high... it will be the make or break for this series.

I am hoping that spidey and spidey chick are the variants for this wave and that we may still see someone outside of the spider-man mythos.

Who knows with tomorrow being mothers day, maybe it will be aunt may...

now as far as the army builder....hmmmm ninja hand is definitely the front runner. I doubt it would be a faceless goon or a cop, as DST has said time and again no to civilian mates.... well I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Kang night everyone

See you in the Kangning

kang847

Fuck Spiderman Villains give Me Kang!

Looks like they are giving in to demands and FINALLY producing a Kang figure . . .

post-2737-1241925419_thumb.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if even DST is having problems coming up with valid spidey variants, as far as I know HoM spidey isn't exactly a must have fan favorite and they are getting to the point where they are scrapping the last dregs of spidey flavored peanut butter out of the jar. Makes you wonder what they will do when they run out of even these obscure versions, perhaps they will just publish other heroes in spidey costumes? Spider wolverine, Spider Doom, Spider fantastic four etc
I'm waiting for the inevitable '90s Foil Cover Spidey, aka "let's just make him shiny"... it'll probably be in the inevitable

Spidey Through The Ages set (we all know it's coming sooner or later).

I do like the Secret Wars design, and I wouldn't mind a six arm Spidey someday, but beyond that what else is actually left to make? Was Spider-Man alive in Age of Apocalypse (only other big alternate universe I can think of)?

He wasn't really a player in the initial core books. Gwen Stacey was around. Although, i think there was a rather lame ret-con to make SpiderMan a member of the FF in the Age of Apocalypse. It may have been in a 'What If?' title.

A six-armed Spidey and a Man-Spider are the ONLY Spider-Man variants that really need to be made. Everything else is just phoning it in.
A Six armed Spiderman torso block could be re-used to give us a Spiral as well. . .

you know despite some peoples complaints I think this is looking good so far...maybe instead of a bunch of regular universe spideys we are gonna get alternate universe Spidey characters...

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'd rather have Doppelganger, and then if you wanted a six-armed Spidey you could just stick on a regular Spidey head.
So Doppelganger, Six-armed Spiderman & Spiral. . . . and lets not forget Ganesha! Come on AA/DST - make a Chest-Block that can fit 6 arms and start reaping the benefits!

Another new code!

45 80 7 8 57 50 52 8 7 64

VAULT GUARD

We have our army builder!

I think this is what they look like: Linky

From the Marvel wiki: "Each of the Vault's thirty-five guards and six Retrievers wear Guardsman armor. The original Guardsman battlesuit was designed by Anthony Stark, the creator and prime user of the Iron Man armor."

Edited by luke314pi

Another new code!

45 80 7 8 57 50 52 8 7 64

VAULT GUARD

We have our army builder!

I think this is what the look like: Linky

From the Marvel wiki: "Each of the Vault's thirty-five guards and six Retrievers wear Guardsman armor. The original Guardsman battlesuit was designed by Anthony Stark, the creator and prime user of the Iron Man armor."

that's great! didn't stark go apeshit on these guys during the armor wars storyline?? I love that storyline

So the Vault Guard is obviously the army builder, but that doesn't mean that wave 30 will not be a Spidey wave. As stated before, wave 28 has the skrull soldier as the army buider in a Wolverine (X-Men) wave and because 3 of the 4 characters mentionned for wave 30 are Spidey related, it sure looks as if the next 3 days will be result in more arachnid versions or hopefully arachnid villains.

Nice design for the army builder. I now pleasantly await my Wave 31 Hellfire Club w/ Goons. :P

A boy can dream. And want dominatrix-Jeanie. ;)

I gotta say, besides HoM, i really am warming up to this wave. I'm a Spider-girl fan FAR MORE than Spidey, am happily awaiting her arrival. Scorpion is a must, and he needs to come with a Venom-tail if Venom doesn't get one. The army-builder thing just gets better and better, and it's good to know that they're delving really deep to get these guys, like the Vault Guards i'd never heard of before this but totally like after seeing them. Cool. :)

It's called the Guardsman armor. Long story short: It was originally designed by Tony as a gift for a pre-Rhodey trusted friend. Unfortunately there was a glitch cerebro circuitry in the armor that drove it's original wearer insane and ultimately killed him. (which is why Stark didn't try this again until many, many years later with War Machine) The man's brother eventually came into possession of a repaired suit, and wore it as the Guardsman. The Guardsman became head of security for Project Pegasus, and later the Vault. Less powerful versions of the armor were produced for the rank and file Vault guards. And yes, Tony decided to during the Armor Wars to trash all of these guys in addition to every armored villain he find. For a time the Vault Guards wore far inferior, though identical looking, armor produced by Stane International. Eventually, after several mass escapes and dead guards, Stark relented and resupplied the Vault with new Guardsman armor. Not that this stopped the eventual shut down of the Vault in the last few years.

Powerwise, the original Guardsman armor was on par with the "Classic" armor. It had many of the same features as that suit, but lacked the chest beam and some of the more esoteric functions. The Vault Guards had about a half the power of either of those suits.

All that said, this is an unexpected, but very welcome army builder.

Now THIS is the kind of Minimate character-digging I like. As stated earlier, the design looks really cool. It has actual relevance to an establised character in the Marvel 'verse (Iron Man, of course) while still being a surprising choice.

However, is it wrong for me to be somewhat underwhelmed by today's reveal being the army-builder? I was kinda expecting one of the wave's heavy hitters today, at least to dispel the notion of this truly being a Spidey-centric wave. (Although if the Shellhead-centric army builder is any indication...)

MEH.

I hate being a whiner, but so far, Scorpion is all I want.

Too many other minimates coming out that I'd rather get I guess....

Man, Spider Girl! I am so excited! HoM Spidey, Spider Girl and Scorpion. One of the best waves ever! :wub:

i am very happy for you... now go put on your jammies, wash your face and dont forget to wash your mouth out with a revolver.

:lol: Seriously, this is probably the first time I truly "laughed out loud" on the forum. Thank you MOC, that was awesome.

there's still a possibility for this to be a spidey wave, since yes the Vault guards have been mentioned time and again. so here's to hoping for a shocking conclusion of the wave (hint hint, let's get ol' lightning-butt already!) hopefully we'll see some more villains and/or spidey backup heroes (prowler) only time will tell, four slots filled, three days left, lets see what they toss our way

It's called the Guardsman armor. Long story short: It was originally designed by Tony as a gift for a pre-Rhodey trusted friend. Unfortunately there was a glitch cerebro circuitry in the armor that drove it's original wearer insane and ultimately killed him. (which is why Stark didn't try this again until many, many years later with War Machine) The man's brother eventually came into possession of a repaired suit, and wore it as the Guardsman. The Guardsman became head of security for Project Pegasus, and later the Vault. Less powerful versions of the armor were produced for the rank and file Vault guards. And yes, Tony decided to during the Armor Wars to trash all of these guys in addition to every armored villain he find. For a time the Vault Guards wore far inferior, though identical looking, armor produced by Stane International. Eventually, after several mass escapes and dead guards, Stark relented and resupplied the Vault with new Guardsman armor. Not that this stopped the eventual shut down of the Vault in the last few years.

Powerwise, the original Guardsman armor was on par with the "Classic" armor. It had many of the same features as that suit, but lacked the chest beam and some of the more esoteric functions. The Vault Guards had about a half the power of either of those suits.

All that said, this is an unexpected, but very welcome army builder.

A precise & informative resume which was actually very interesting. Thankyou.

I'm not sure if you'll fit in here :biggrin:

At least its not another Spidey. Cool character/s that I have seen a few times over the years. This could be the army builder of the wave but then again it could just be a obscureish character that they have put in. I will wait and see till the end of the reveal.