UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to these sets more and more. As cool as a scorpion/venom tail would be, I think it makes more sense to put it with the Gargan Venom rather than the Gargan Venom as Spiderman. But either way, I've got a feeling we aren't getting any tail until Scorpion proper is released.

Edited by Turtle

I've got a feeling we aren't getting any tail until Scorpion proper is released.

Dang, that's a long time to go without "getting any tail." I admire your resolve, but don't know if I am with you on this one, turtle.

I've got a feeling we aren't getting any tail until Scorpion proper is released.

Dang, that's a long time to go without "getting any tail." I admire your resolve, but don't know if I am with you on this one, turtle.

:lol:

glad i wasn't the only one to see this

have also ordered a set from AFX as i now have to have these

WOOT!! AA and DST have posted an incredible pic on their blog; FINSHED DA MINIMATES!!:

xnvx3p.jpg

Thoughts:

Norm: Thank God for no-more-DayGlo look. Very nice armor, paint looks well-applied, and the face is great.

Karla: Hmm...i liked her before, but that dropped a bit. Fox's hair was a bad move; i, personally, would have stuck with Kara's or would have used Ellen Tigh's. Like the mask detailing, but STILL NO PUPILS!! Gah!! Costume is just wonderful, but where's the scarf??

Mac: I think we all know this is the ultimate-win of Black Spideys. Just leave it there.

Ares: Yay he gets a helmet!! Looks great, and i love the shin-pads and how they're connected to the feet. Awsome.

Bullseye: Another win, and swap out his arms and we'll get the Hawkeye we always wanted. Beautiful.

Noh: Albeit the Bruce-Wayne-ish face, i love it. Great to see a new character, and even greater to see how much work has gone into him. One of my favorites of the 8.

Dak: Umm, shortcuts much?? Paint looks gawdy, and i would've liked to see some black outlining on the brown on the chest. Eye's are too high, and he's too calm. And the claws are effin black. Well, whenever we get 8 figures, there's bound to be a fail. This is the fail.

Bob: Thank. God. An incredible Sentry minimate, and the best yet made. Let's quit while we're ahead, DST, and not make another to ruin the character. Victory.

Norm: Thank God for no-more-DayGlo look. Very nice armor, paint looks well-applied, and the face is great.

Does anyone else think that new armor sculpt is a near-guarantee we'll see a proper modern Iron Man soon?

Karla: but where's the scarf??

On Sand Serif, missing a bit of red paint... :)

Ares: Yay he gets a helmet!!

And an axe. Double-awesome!

Dak: This is the fail.

Or, it's three pieces away from a proper brown-costume Wolvie.

I'm going to have to pick up a couple of these sets for customizing. This is going to be an expensive Comic Con...

Edited by Lobsterman

Does anyone else think that new armor sculpt is a near-guarantee we'll see a proper modern Iron Man soon?

Just as Stark has stopped wearing it, He's no longer extremis enabled and cant fly it effectively any longer, I am expecting a new classic style suit at or near the end of the current worlds most wanted storyline.

Sounds like DST timing ;)

Also I consider the movie MKIII a pretty good extremis, yeah it's a bit bulky but WAY closer than the abortion that is the civ war Iron Man.

T.

Love em, they look incredible, my fav so far is iron, karla(so of her pics show her with no pupils so I can live with that!,) but all these look great no matter, definitely can't wait to pick em up!

Sentry looks SOOOOOOO much better than his previous incarnations. I never did like the shorter cape he came with originally. I think it was a re-use of the C3 Superman's. Now he comes with DC minimates Superman's cape which heads and tails over the C3's.

Ares steals the spotlight for me personally. All those weapons, new boots and a freakin' sweet helmet. Bring on SDCC already!

The one disappointment to me here is that Hawkeye/Bullseye. His face looks funky. I'm hoping it is either the angle or the mask not being pulled down enough, but he certainly doesn't look like the photoshopped close-up that we got in that picture. Pretty sure the prototype had eye holes, and this one has painted on eyes.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm probably reading too much into this, but has anyone else noticed the way they're lined-up?? I mean:

Daken is further apart than anyone else on the end, and we really haven't seen much from him in the book, making him distant.

Bullseye and Mac are always at odds with each other, but are two of the closest team-mates in the DA. Of couse, Bullseye thinks he's better, and is higher up in the pic.

Bob has his personal issues with the void and all, and Norman is handling them personally. He just happens to be under Norm's arm, from the angle of the pic, and lower down.

Noh and Karla have a physical attraction to one-another as of book 5, and are pictured here next to each other.

Ares is the only one with a grip on reality, which i find ironic, and he makes up the other end being not-to-distant from the team but being by far the least-attached to the team.

Hmm...:blink::blush:

I think we all know this is the ultimate-win of Black Spideys.

I do not know this. :lol: I find the gray "wrinkles" on his face pretty offputting...

The one disappointment to me here is that Hawkeye/Bullseye. His face looks funky. I'm hoping it is either the angle or the mask not being pulled down enough, but he certainly doesn't look like the photoshopped close-up that we got in that picture. Pretty sure the prototype had eye holes, and this one has painted on eyes.

It looks like he borrowed some of the Daken/Wolverine mate's eyeliner, I guess so that we can tell he's the "evil Hawkeye". And his eyes have been printed too high/left on the mask. I think I'm going to go with this body and the previous Hawkeye head/arms.

Never thought my favorite mate in 2 box sets would be another Sentry, but he does look great. And I like how they're posed as if to lead all the villain mates into battle.

Edited by battlecat

Yeah, I can imagine Doctor Doom, Red Skull, and Apocalypse following the orders of Norman Osbourne.

Well Doom currently does, to some degree, reluctantly, since Osborn let him out of prison.... the others (and Galactus :lol:) might be a harder sell!

Between The Hood storyline, Osborn taking over, and Millar's future Wolverine thing, Marvel sure are big on this "collective villain power" kick right now. Historically, bad guys don't play well with others (ie. every Sinister Six fight ever) so I find it an interesting direction, for a while at least...

BHM, the "Emulators" irony occured to me too. I guess Sentry is sort-of the exception since he's not emulating anybody except maybe his "sane" self. :rolleyes:

Just as Stark has stopped wearing it, He's no longer extremis enabled and cant fly it effectively any longer, I am expecting a new classic style suit at or near the end of the current worlds most wanted storyline.

Sounds like DST timing ;)

You know, this development has given me a pretty horrible idea of what might happen to Tony in the comics next... :ohmy:

Hey, they "killed" Steve and Wasp, right?

Yeah, I can imagine Doctor Doom, Red Skull, and Apocalypse following the orders of Norman Osbourne.

Well Doom currently does, to some degree, reluctantly, since Osborn let him out of prison....

Doom is just playing along so he can grab power when all the villains start to turn on each other.

post-679-1244959336_thumb.jpg

Well Doom currently does, to some degree, reluctantly, since Osborn let him out of prison....

Doom is just playing along so he can grab power when all the villains start to turn on each other.

Yeah, that was the "some degree" I mentioned. :)

Of course, I'm sure every bad guy in Osborn's employ wants to take him out and take his place... bit of an inherent flaw in the whole "villainous organization" concept really.