UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can imagine Doctor Doom, Red Skull, and Apocalypse following the orders of Norman Osbourne.

Doom and Loki are letting Norman have enough rope to hang himself. The Avengers defeated Doom in their last fight, and in a move I've kinda been waiting for a long long time, Tony decided that Doom wasn't hiding behind the whole "Foriegn leader you can't touch me" schitk and imprisoned him. As Rheul showed, you'd be hard pressed to call it following. Loki, like Doom, seems to be along because Norman is making life difficult for his enemies, but since

he's impersonating the Scarlet Witch to create and manipulate Hank's Avengers team

, he's already actively undermining Osborn.

IMO, the clock has been ticking on Emma's "conversion" from manipulative villain to manipulative heroine for a long time. Of course, Cyclops ordered the creation of his own assassination squad, so really I guess she fits right in.

Red Skull is pretending he's dead again. One wonders why everyone thinks that even finding a body means they finally beat the Skull for good. Much like Tony's SHIELD didn't effect his plans, so to Osborn's HAMMER.

Apocalypse seems contracturally forbidden from menacing anyone without an X on their belt.

What Namor is doing there... and the things he's helped them do already (

trying to kill T'Challa when he refused to sign up

)

I find hardest to swallow.

And Doom does not piss his pants. Ever. Clearly that was a Doombot.

Yeah, I can imagine Doctor Doom, Red Skull, and Apocalypse following the orders of Norman Osbourne.

Doom and Loki are letting Norman have enough rope to hang himself. [...] As Rheul showed, you'd be hard pressed to call it following.

Yeah, but... I'd still call that following. :) Regardless of his ultimate goals, Doom's still doing as he's told, for the most part. Of course, it does seem out of character, even pretending to be subservient to some lowly American supervillain, since Doom's so full of megalomaniacal pride.

Edited by battlecat

Did they ever reveal who the "Friend" was who made Doom piss his pants?

It was Sentry. The first meeting of Osborn's cabal was a week before the Dark Avengers made their debut.

:mellow:

Ooooookay then. Not quite what I expected.

I get it: Marvel is trying to make a big deal of how important the guy is and could be in the future. Trying... but not exactly succeeding.

It was Sentry. The first meeting of Osborn's cabal was a week before the Dark Avengers made their debut.

Are you just making an educated guess or was this "actually" revealed?

If so, do you know where?

I beleive the first meeting was in the one-shot Dark Reign: The Cabal (very good way to start the event off, btw), and the Sentry thing was either in there or Dark Avengers #1. One of those two.

But yes, it did happen. Very touching moment, actually. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
I think it will be available through BBTS eventually. Kind of pricey at $20, IMO.

Also, you can't actually check out with this link for some reason. . .

yeah that's why I was asking. $20 is overpriced with all the other box sets at a lower price point.

I beleive the first meeting was in the one-shot Dark Reign: The Cabal (very good way to start the event off, btw), and the Sentry thing was either in there or Dark Avengers #1. One of those two.

They have not revealed who the shadowy figure is yet. When will they reveal who it is? Here's a quote from Newsarama's coverage of the Dark Reign panel at Heroes Con '09, which was this past weekend:

Who was the shadow in the Dark Reign one shot which featured the meeting of Osborn and the other villains? Bendis promised that readers will find out in December.

If TTF is right and they have already revealed the identity, then it wasn't in a Dark Reign tie-in, because I've collected and read them all.

They have not revealed who the shadowy figure is yet. When will they reveal who it is? Here's a quote from Newsarama's coverage of the Dark Reign panel at Heroes Con '09, which was this past weekend:

Who was the shadow in the Dark Reign one shot which featured the meeting of Osborn and the other villains? Bendis promised that readers will find out in December.

If TTF is right and they have already revealed the identity, then it wasn't in a Dark Reign tie-in, because I've collected and read them all.

Shit, man, I can tell you who it was. It was KANG. ;)

They probably came available for about 5 minutes, and BBTS probably bought out their entire "TRU.com" allotted stock. Oh, well. I'm sure they will be available from their site soon for only $39.99 each :buttrock:

• 2 weeks later...

That's so great!! I love that they show the all the production stages, too. Great detail, and just awsome. It'll go nice next to my mini, comic one that i got from LCS a while back, where ever i put that...

Oh, and MiniFiend: The guy with the gun is one of Norman's new HAMMER Agents. Yes, HAMMER; it's the new SHIELD. And doesn't have an definition yet, both in the book and in real life. :lol: Man, they'd make great Army-builders; now i'm hoping for a HAMMER Agent/Victoria Hand 2-pack to complete HAMMER...:blush:

Yeah, I was hoping for hammer agent/victoria hand too, That poster is awesome, wish they would have one with the whole team now that would be awesome!