Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to double post, but I would want to see this if I didn't have it yet:

post-1827-1248915152_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Now all we need is a Norman Osborn with a crazed look on his face. Imagine the look on his face if he had to buy his own boxed set from BBTS. Yaaah... That's the one, nice and raving mad!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hate to double post, but I would want to see this if I didn't have it yet:

post-1827-1248915152_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Now all we need is a Norman Osborn with a crazed look on his face. Imagine the look on his face if he had to buy his own boxed set from BBTS. Yaaah... That's the one, nice and raving mad!

How about the Eddie Brock face from series 24 Venom? :)

If anyone is buying multiples of the TRU set for extra Wolverines to customize or anything, please shoot me a PM. Only looking to get Iron Patriot, and even if a board member helps out (because that BBTS price is keraaazy) I can't quite bring myself to buy the whole set just for one mate... I don't even need the Norman face and hair (looks great on the Gobby though, Karamazov!), just the body/helmet.

If anyone is buying multiples of the TRU set for extra Wolverines to customize or anything, please shoot me a PM. Only looking to get Iron Patriot, and even if a board member helps out (because that BBTS price is keraaazy) I can't quite bring myself to buy the whole set just for one mate... I don't even need the Norman face and hair (looks great on the Gobby though, Karamazov!), just the body/helmet.

If anyone can help you out, i'd certainly throw you some cash for Norm's face and hair!

these sets look sweet! i was considering getting set one at tru but $22 that is a lot. but now that i see that second set it looks a lot cooler that i thought it would bullseye/hawheye looks awesome! 100% better that the original. supreme makes me hate the first one even more, i did not think that was possible!

If anyone can help you out, i'd certainly throw you some cash for Norm's face and hair!

If anyone can help me out, you can cut out the middleman (me) and throw them the cash, since it'd give them a better deal to help me (and you) out, if you follow my circular logic :P Two buyers for the price of one...

On a less beggy note, has anyone tried combining the old and new Hawkeye mates yet, for a skinny classic look? Do the blues/purples match up?

Also I don't get why there's such a difference with the placement of these printed eyes on Wolverine and Hawkeye, from mate to mate. So much of minimate production is tampo placement that you'd think they'd have it down by now. The yellow Wolverine from TRU looks like it has similar issues maybe. I've only had one mate with a really off-center tampo before, the chest on the bulky Iron Man from Through The Ages set, and it seemed like it was just mine that got screwed up.

So, is there any thought that the TRU set might show up in the stores? It's not marked as "online only" on their website. Am I just hopelessly optimistic?

Product Description

Ripped from the pages of the best-selling Dark Avengers comic, the latest Marvel Minimates box set features four of the villainous Avengers team formed by Norman Osborn, the former Green Goblin. Featuring Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot, Noh-Varr as Marvel Boy, Venom as Spider-Man and Daken as Dark Wolverine, this set is perfect for fans of the Dark Reign currently falling across the Marvel Universe. A limited number of figures (3000) will be available for sale at San Diego Comic-Con from July 23-26 at the Entertainment Earth booth (#2343) and online beginning July 22 at Toysrus.com, while supplies last. (This item will not be available in ToysRUs stores).

Sorry Cappy

BS

don't mean to be spamming, but toynk.com is having a promo right now for free shipping on instock orders $20 or more. They have instock right the SDCC Dark Avengers II, Champions and Thunderbolts packs for 15.99 each. figured i'd give you guys a heads up.

don't mean to be spamming, but toynk.com is having a promo right now for free shipping on instock orders $20 or more. They have instock right the SDCC Dark Avengers II, Champions and Thunderbolts packs for 15.99 each. figured i'd give you guys a heads up.

I've just read this post in about 3 other threads. I'm all for telling other members where they can score minimate swag, but I don't think you got to repeat the same message in every thread for every boxed set you've mentionned.

Just checked out both boxsets on the Minimate Database (once again, thank you Ivan! :)), and something confuses me. In the boxset page for the second set a longsword (probably Ares's) is listed in the accessories, but in Ares's page his accessory is an axe, which isn't listed as being part of the boxset. So does that mean Ares came with an longsword and an axe or was there some kind of mistake? Just wondering.

Also, wo do you think gets the black revolver in the second set? I'm guessing it's Ms Marvel's since it's next to her on the set tray?

Also, wo do you think gets the black revolver in the second set? I'm guessing it's Ms Marvel's since it's next to her on the set tray?

Check out Ares right leg. He's got the Punisher's holster from the PWZ set that fits that particular handgun.

Check out Ares right leg. He's got the Punisher's holster from the PWZ set that fits that particular handgun.

Are you sure? If Ares' holster gets the gun then where does the knife go? And what's the deal with the axe?

Well, I guess this confirms it: Ares IS an old-style Punisher after all. His weapons are insanely awesome.

Man, this looks to be an awesome set. Can't wait to get ahold of mine. This is a good time to be a collector but a bad time for the bank account.

so upon inspecting these figures in person I really feel Daken looks shoddy. The chest has dark brown at the top and then the vertical brown down the middle is a lighter shade and just looks awful. Paint apps look sloppy on the mask and overall not a very good figure IMO. Rest looks pretty good. I like Normie and Venom looks really pissed.

Daken's mohawk painted green would make an awesome fitzroy minimate custom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trevor_F..._%26_Bantam.jpg

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=537

Edited by Scorpion