UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Toys R Us better get these, or I will. . .uh, be very upset.

If they don't I am very likely to have you covered. The TRU here in town is plentiful and there is another an hour away that has even more.

On a side note I really dislike the use of the big chest piece. Why not make the proton packs like the icing gun that came with chef duff? The big chest pieces are souring me to this line and I really really want to like it.

Edited by minimadman

If they don't I am very likely to have you covered. The TRU here in town is plentiful and there is another an hour away that has even more.

:buttrock:

Regarding the big-chests, I don't know. I don't think they look as good as they could because of them, either. Plus, you know the sculpted pieces cost them. It isn't like it bulks them up too much in the movies.

It doesn't sour me on them, though. I still love the fact that we are getting one of my favorite movie licenses as my favorite toy.

I had decided just to shell out for the Slimer/Slimed pack, but that Pufted Ray looks a lot cooler in the packaged shots... damn Minimates, always shaking my resolve to not buy you! :P

I think the bulky chests are a lot less noticeable from the front, which is how I display all my mates (boring, I know)... sucks a bit for people posing them in action. Still, as Karamazov said, the fact of getting GB mates outweighs any minor design annoyances.

Stay Puft looks like he was kicked in his marshmallowy nether-region:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

Also, not a fan of the sunglasses, but it is kind of cool to see the "peace sign" Ghost from part on his arm (despite the fact that it isn't a very good movie).

I'm a little confused about the suit colors. I always thought the jump suits were a light brown or tan. That's what Mattel's figures will be, that's what all the fan costumes seem to be. What's the dealio?

Mattel's figures were all different colors, though. One was deep brown, one was almost blue. In GB1, they were somewhere between a light gray and a tan, in GB2, they were a much darker gray/olive, I believe.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm a little confused about the suit colors. I always thought the jump suits were a light brown or tan. That's what Mattel's figures will be, that's what all the fan costumes seem to be. What's the dealio?

A lot of us did, myself included. Upon re-watching Ghostbusters recently it became clear to me that they are indeed a very light gray. GB2 are a bit more obvious as they are more of a charcoal-gray. All these years, I was under the belief that 1 was tan and 2 were gray (though I don't claim to be a buster-phile), but I think that idea came from products that were marketed that way (unless there's been some sort of Turneresque recoloring conspiracy! :lol: ).

*I'm still wondering about those "trap-packs" we saw earlier and where's our Janine (perhaps in a GB2 set with kissed-up Luis...that'd be cool)?

If these have been posted before then ooops but I was rummaging around the internet and found these images that I hadn't seen and thought I'd share!

post-7-1242934151_thumb.jpgpost-7-1242934203_thumb.jpgpost-7-1242934262_thumb.jpgpost-7-1242934284_thumb.jpg

post-7-1242934083_thumb.jpg

I have to say that Slimer in a trap art is awesome I really hope we see it made sometime!

T.

Mattel's figures were all different colors, though. One was deep brown, one was almost blue. In GB1, they were somewhere between a light gray and a tan, in GB2, they were a much darker gray/olive, I believe.

Do you mean Kenner's RGB? Mattel has only shown prototypes thus far and only Spengler was painted. He was a light brown. Their 12" outfit is also a light brown. It may not be "movie accurate", but my brain wants the flight suits to be a light brown and seeing them light gray makes them look "wrong".

Yeah, sorry, I thought you were referring to the figures from the 80s. FYI, I am watching Ghostbusters as we speak (all this talk made me want to see it for, what, the 50th time?), and their outfits are more tan than gray on my TV. It really shows up when you look at the gray elbow pad in juxtaposition to it.

Edited by karamazov80

Even Art Asylum's cartoon poster has the buys in tan uniforms. It's really disappointing. I don't know if they plan on releasing corrected versions later, but for every other product in the history of Ghostbusters to have tan outfits and not these, it's just curious.

Well, the Kubricks have tan jumpsuits, so if/when they get released, you can go with those if the color is a major issue.

I suppose I would like to have my cake and eat it to. I much prefer MiniMates to Kubricks in both articulation and availability.

Putting the color issue aside for the moment, do we know if the proton packs still have a string attaching the thrower to the pack? It was mentioned in a recent blog on AA's site, but I haven't seen the string in any of the promo shots.