http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uofS-4bc5UY

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bank is pretty cool, but it's WAY TOO SHORT. I'd prefer the 15" NECA marshmallow man from a few years back.

Way too big for my tastes. . .also, I personally like the happy face.

Will anybody be going to SDCC that I could pay to get me one of those Venkman's?

ditto? =)

I saved up to go this year, and then I found out that all the four day passes went insanely fast =( this was supposed to be my first one. so instead I spent all that money on prostitu.... food and water for the homeless..

...yeah that's the one.

dear god I officially just shelled out the money to get that blasted ghostbusters preorder.

That bank is pretty cool, but it's WAY TOO SHORT. I'd prefer the 15" NECA marshmallow man from a few years back.

Hidden amongst all the code posts, there's an AA blog saying they've bumped him up to 11", which is kind of huge... I mean I guess if you actually want him in a more legit scale with the mates then this is good news, but I'd rather he was the same size as the Maximates, which are around 8" I think.

The face on that NECA one freaks me out...

Hidden amongst all the code posts, there's an AA blog saying they've bumped him up to 11", which is kind of huge... I mean I guess if you actually want him in a more legit scale with the mates then this is good news, but I'd rather he was the same size as the Maximates, which are around 8" I think.

The face on that NECA one freaks me out...

I remember seeing that bank when it came out at Hastings. It spooked me, too.

Huh, I hadn't seen that. Personally, I was fine with the 8" but 11" pleases me even more. Now if I can just score the "angry" version. Do we know if he'll have any articulation (head, arms) yet?

I would actually prefer the 8 incher, too. Apart from not matching up with the Maximates, 11" is just too big to fit in my Minimate displays, but. . .it would more closely approximate the correct scale with Minimates. I'm getting one either way.

Huh, I hadn't seen that. Personally, I was fine with the 8" but 11" pleases me even more. Now if I can just score the "angry" version. Do we know if he'll have any articulation (head, arms) yet?

I don't think they've said, but from the production shots it looks like the arms may move... the head also looks like it pops off (to empty the bank I guess?) which could mean you'll be able to swivel it. Just guessing of course.

I can't decide if I like the angry or regular face more, but now that it's 11" I'm definitely not going for both. If the head is removable, it's a shame they didn't just stick two in there so you could exchange them. I'd have paid another $5 or whatever to have the option.

I was actually cooler with the 8" since it'd still be smaller than my Marusan Godzilla figures. Still, 11" is hip too. I won't be buying both of 'em, though. Just the standard happy face for me.

I think it's phenomenal of DST/whoever to release this so that, even though it's not a giant minimate, it's still the next best thing to having one that you can display/play with your Ghostbusters mates with. Props to them for doing that.

If only Marvel could follow suit.

Edited by Mystery Man

I personally wouldn't want 8" Marvel banks unless they were Minimate-style characters. Movie-accurate Ghostbusters ghosts are just fine, though.

I personally wouldn't want 8" Marvel banks unless they were Minimate-style characters. Movie-accurate Ghostbusters ghosts are just fine, though.

I getcha and I feel the same way. I guess I thought that went without saying. ;)

Sorry about that ;) . Some have said that they were picking up Marvel Legends BAFs, large Superhero Squad, and large HeroClix figures to go with their Minimates. Though some of the Heroclix stuff could work nicely (particularly that damn Starro), I can do without the others for the most part.

Edited by karamazov80

San Diego's set is "GB2 Venkman" and "Stay-Puft"

Right? :blink:

Man, Ghostbusters is starting to get just as confusing as T2

Hey look, it's a picture of the now-Previews* exclusive Ray & glow-in-the-dark Slimer two-pack!

Pic right here

*I thought that was a San Diego exclusive. Was I wrong?

Now that I think about it, you may be right. Let me dig through this thread and see if I can find it...

This IS as confusing as the T2 Minimates.

EDIT: Yup, the SDCC exclusive is Venkman / glow-in-the-dark Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man. Which means that Ray / Slimer is a new 2-pack. Which is cool because glow-in-the-dark figures are fun.

Can I get a scorecard to track all these Ghostbuster releases?

Edited by boyd

Now that I think about it, you may be right. Let me dig through this thread and see if I can find it...

This IS as confusing as the T2 Minimates.

EDIT: Yup, the SDCC exclusive is Venkman / glow-in-the-dark Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man. Which means that Ray / Slimer is a new 2-pack. Which is cool because glow-in-the-dark figures are fun.

Can I get a scorecard to track all these Ghostbuster releases?

yea I need a playlist for these releases too lol....and have we seen more pics of the SDCC 2 pack yet? I am soooo down with all these nifty two packs....I loved my GB toys when I was a kid so these are great!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

They're sure making it easier for me to turn down Mattel's likely way-too-expensive-online-only figures in favor of just getting the Minimates. I'll probably end up spending just as much, but I'll be drowning in Mates rather than merely completing the team. We've seen most of the guys in uniforms from both movies, plus messy variants in-between, a handful of very welcome secondary characters, and a pile of ghosts - all before a single one has gone up for sale.

If you're going to do Ghostbusters toys, this is how you do it.

I couldn't help but notice Winston's...um...odd pose:

WinstonIsFeelingFabulous.jpg

:lol:

EDIT:

They're sure making it easier for me to turn down Mattel's likely way-too-expensive-online-only figures in favor of just getting the Minimates. I'll probably end up spending just as much, but I'll be drowning in Mates rather than merely completing the team. We've seen most of the guys in uniforms from both movies, plus messy variants in-between, a handful of very welcome secondary characters, and a pile of ghosts - all before a single one has gone up for sale.

While its really cool that DST/AA has much more variety at the moment, I can't help but look forward to the six-inch stuff especially the Real Ghostbusters figures they'll be putting out after the movie ones.

Edited by Brad Redfield

So now we only need Egon to complete the GB2 charcoal jumpsuits.

I wonder where they'll be selling this one...

They should have made the TRU exclusive Egon with library ghost in his charcoal jumpsuit. Then we would had them all in one quick she-BANG.