UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Now do I buy the box set, or do I just buy the TRU packs?

(my guess is that not every box set figure will be released in the 2-packs)

Yeah, you're right. I doubt they'll release Louis in the 2-packs. I just wanted to save money - is that so wrong, DST?

I don't know, there are 5 exclusive "ghosts" and there are 4 (well, 5 if you count the dog) in the first box set. Do you think they'd do a two-pack of just the dogs (with them being identical) or could there possibly be more surprises in store?

I know from the past, they usually leave 1 out from the DST release and add 1 that is genuinely exclusive to TRU, but this could be something different all together. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

*BTW, I wonder what the deal is with those "weapon packs" that we saw earlier? We need those traps and streams!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA. Found 'em!

Check it out over at GBcollector.com!

- Orange ghost comes with Courtroom Bust Venkman

- Library ghost comes with normal Egon

- Slimer comes with Slimed Venkman

- Stay-Puft comes with Marshmallow-Covered Ray

- Terror Dog comes with GB2-Jumpsuit Winston (He's mustacheless too! Cool!)

Awesome!

Edited by Brad Redfield

Awesome, the only repeat appears to be Egon! However, it's too bad we might not get all 4 GBs as "Marshmallow covered" variants.

Pics:

post-1827-1241673056_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1241673097_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1241673105_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1241673111_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1241673118_thumb.jpg

Their faces look great!

Edited by karamazov80

Well, we'd only need Egon and Winston to complete that one. Peter only had some marshmallow in his hair...hey, that would only require a new hairpiece.

I can't wait for more of the GBII stuff. Vigo and Slime-Thrower Ray & Winston, please!

Edited by Brad Redfield

These ghostbuster mates are on a roll. I will have to buy all that I can get hold of but my one fear is with all these releases being announced can the line burn out quickly as it cant be long until they have covered all the major characters, ghosts and looks.

Off the top of my head I can think of four ghosts I have not seen.

Phantom Nanny with pram

NY taxi Skeleton/Zombie

The two court ghost brothers.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Wow, they're all variants (well, besides Egon and the dog); sweet! And these should be hitting around June (before the box set in July)? Good stuff DST. Still need a Janine though. ;)

Although I doubt we'll ever see him, I'd love a Samhain(from the Halloween Special). Him or the possessed Taxi Driver, who has a better chance of making it into the series since he was, ya know, a movie character.

Aw sweet! More ghosts! More translucent Minimates!

I second those thoughts!

All though this GB release plan still have me confused. Not sure I'll really understand what's coming until it hits.

All though this GB release plan still have me confused. Not sure I'll really understand what's coming until it hits.

Seems pretty clear to me--Minimate bombardment.

Actually, that would be a fine way to die.

For the orange one, it says "Washington Square Ghost" in the description.

Ack. What description? I can't find any text on these on the AA site. Any one have links for a newb?

I'm thrilled to see we're getting unique Ghostbusters with the TRU packs. Much easier to justify buying them that way.

Plus Marshmallow-Covered Ray is possibly the best variant for a character ever.

Yeah, I was wondering if we might get the Scolleri Brothers (courtroom ghosts) too.

I still don't know who in the Hell that Washington Square Ghost is.

Taxi driver would be sweet. As would that blue one that erupts out of the subway after the containment unit is shut down in the first movie. It happens in the scene just prior to Slimer eating all the hotdogs, if I recall.

I feel a stabbing pain in my wallet... :blink:

Not really feeling the Library Ghost, I guess I was expecting more "phasing old lady" than "purple monster", but all the team member variations are great! Plus this way you can get a Dana-dog without having to buy a second 4-pack. Bit surprised that TRU would get the only Slimer release (unless there's a third box set in the works -- maybe with Janine and the final two GB2 uniforms?)

I still don't know who in the Hell that Washington Square Ghost is.

I *think* it's supposed to be this:

post-1800-1241720871_thumb.jpg

It seems as if DST is licensed to do Ghostbusters 2 as well, seeing how we're getting GB2 Venkman (SDCC 09 exclusive), GB2 Zedemore, Court Room Venkman and Washington Square ghost (all TRU exclusives). So.... I just scanned through GB2 and found a whole slew of other characters and ghosts that'd look great as minimates. So other than the rest of the GBs in their darker uniforms and the (already mentionned in the thread) Scholari brothers ghosts here's a list (with movie times) of other possible contenders:

First and formost, following in the footsteps of Santa Spidey, Elf Cylon and Elf Spock, DST would be fools to pass up the chance of making the Santa Ghostbusters. 00:37:12

• ghost jogger 00:37:24
  • Louis Tully with lunchbox 00:38:38
  • secretary Janine 00:55:14
  • date night Louis Tully (in crazy sweater) and Janine 01:04:21
  • ghost nanny (with stretching arm accessory) 01:15:38
  • movie theatre ghost 01:19:32
  • any of the Titanic ghosts 01:20:37
  • Louis Tully (in Ghostbuster uniform with earmuff accessory) 01:29:12
  • Statue of Liberty 01:29:36 (come on... they made Stay Puft into a minimate)
  • bus driver Slimer 01:30:52
  • Ray with slime shooter 01:32:17
  • Viggo 01:33:39
  • Viggo possessed Ray 01:37:18

Thanks, K. DST, AABlog. Some days the speed reading just doesn't pay.

Of course, I first checked the AA Blog myself. DST probably gets, what 5-10% of the Minimate news announcements?

Edited by karamazov80

Courtroom Bust Venkman has the best Murray likeness yet.

I agree. It is also the only one I will get. I am not as excited by these as I was when they are first announced.

Courtroom Bust Venkman has the best Murray likeness yet.

I agree. It is also the only one I will get. I am not as excited by these as I was when they are first announced.