UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I really want to be on board with these but I can't bring myself to get excited about them. Maybe when I see them on a shelf it will change. There is no way to convince myself that it's worth spending $130 on an Xbox game for minimates. I can not afford to buy $60 games much less $130 ones.

How do you think I feel about this ? This will be the first video game I've ever bought & the chances of me playing it are about Zero.

:(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to be on board with these but I can't bring myself to get excited about them. Maybe when I see them on a shelf it will change. There is no way to convince myself that it's worth spending $130 on an Xbox game for minimates. I can not afford to buy $60 games much less $130 ones.

How do you think I feel about this ? This will be the first video game I've ever bought & the chances of me playing it are about Zero.

Yeah that does suck. Why not just try to get them on eBay? Surely they'll pop up there and then you won't be stuck with the game. It stands to reason that if people are buying the game for the mates than people will be buying it for the included bust.

...Am I the only person who wants to get the Slimer edition of the game for everything including the game itself? :lol:

I used to have the Wii version reserved but after seeing so much stuff coming out, I had to cancel the pre-order.

Edited by Brad Redfield

...Am I the only person who wants to get the Slimer edition of the game for everything including the game itself? :lol:

I used to have the Wii version reserved but after seeing so much stuff coming out, I had to cancel the pre-order.

You might be. I am willing to bet that the game is not going to be as good as everyone thinks. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. Hype kills.

Yeah that does suck. Why not just try to get them on eBay? Surely they'll pop up there and then you won't be stuck with the game. It stands to reason that if people are buying the game for the mates than people will be buying it for the included bust.

Thanks Minimadman but whilst ebay would seem to be the obvious way to get these from a non-Minimate fan I,unfortunately,suffer from that f**king illness 'completism'. It is the insanity of having 'everything' that will eventually bankrupt me financially & mentally. It is not enough to just have the figures...I have to have the whole stupid lot.To emphasise this pathetic affliction I already have DVD packages with 'mates glaring at me through the cellophane.....Ultimate Avengers(all three). Why?????

The marketing gurus target people like me & I know I'm not the only one on the 'verse like it. I strive to kick this but it is just getting worse.

None of what I have written above is funny or me trying to be humorous . :(

no you aren't. I am totally excited about it. not just the mates, but the bust, the keychain, and um... what was the other thing? OH YEAH, the game, whoops. :P

I think the only thing I don't care too heavily about are the gamer skins, but I might put one on my system regardless, we'll see :D

I have the ps3 version pre-ordered, and when it arrives, I will squeal like a girlie.

Unlike me :)

See that jogging ghost? Remember Jim Fixx? The big famous jogging guy? Jogged fifteen miles a day. Did a jogging book. Did a jogging video. Dropped out of a heart attack when? When he was fracking jogging, that's when!* There you go. Jim Fixx Minimate. You're welcome. :P

post-2080-1243858625_thumb.jpg

_____

* that of course was a quote.

I was excited initially, as well, but then remembered that 95%+ of all videogames based on movies suck horribly, and my excitement turned to caution. As Brad says, however, there was an early review posted on a Spanish language website last week (pulled down quickly when "the company" caught wind) that supposedly gave the XBox/PS3 version of the game a 9.something out of 10. If it gets uniformly high reviews, I will get the game. And if I get the game, I'll probably get the amazon.com bundle. God help me.

I'd be really excited for the game if I had a console that would play it. But, no, they couldn't make a version for PS1, N64 or Gamecube. And, to make matters worse, I'm helping a friend sell his Wii today. He won it last week in a drawing and doesn't want it. He's going to buy a muzzleloader witht he money he makes off of it. What a shame.

WOW! With all the great rotting flesh ghosts and scary pieces we're getting, anybody else thinking "Zombie Army Building?" I know I am!! Looks like I'll have plenty of loose Winston minimates because I'll be buying at least 5 of those sets to get the taxi driver. I guess with all the extra Winstons, I can make random Ghostbusters out of Marvel heroes too. Damn... I'm a nerd.

I'm liking Wave 2. The Ghostbusters are nice (Lewis is a nice addition), but it's the ghosts that I really love. But where's my Janice Minimate? (and Statue of Liberty playset?)

Little surprised that we're getting two TRU waves, though. TRU must love Minimates right now...

Little surprised that we're getting two TRU waves, though. TRU must love Minimates right now...

It's nice to walk into a TRU lately and see Terminator, Spider-Man, Marvel and Wolverine movie minimates on the pegs. I would love to also be able to walk down the toy aisles at Target and see Minimates next to the Terminator and Marvel figures... perhaps soon with all the success at TRU, Target will get on board with DST again.

Thanks Minimadman but whilst ebay would seem to be the obvious way to get these from a non-Minimate fan I,unfortunately,suffer from that f**king illness 'completism'. It is the insanity of having 'everything' that will eventually bankrupt me financially & mentally. It is not enough to just have the figures...I have to have the whole stupid lot.To emphasise this pathetic affliction I already have DVD packages with 'mates glaring at me through the cellophane.....Ultimate Avengers(all three). Why?????

The marketing gurus target people like me & I know I'm not the only one on the 'verse like it. I strive to kick this but it is just getting worse.

Thank sucks man. How many copies of the game are you buying?

After looking at the TRU pics I think that I like the non translucent Slimer better.

So, are you getting at least one of each version of the game, because they are each being shipped with the Minimates and thus, technically, constitute a "variation"?

Edited by karamazov80

Unlike me :)

See that jogging ghost? Remember Jim Fixx? The big famous jogging guy? Jogged fifteen miles a day. Did a jogging book. Did a jogging video. Dropped out of a heart attack when? When he was fracking jogging, that's when!* There you go. Jim Fixx Minimate. You're welcome. :P

post-2080-1243858625_thumb.jpg

Haha! That's great! I remember hearing about that guy years ago.

_____

* that of course was a quote.

So, are you getting at least one of each version of the game, because they are each being shipped with the Minimates and thus, technically, constitute a "variation"?

Who would be that stupid?

After looking at the TRU pics I think that I like the non translucent Slimer better.

I agree... He kinda reminds me of the animated Slimer (he wasn't see through in cartoon, his expression is a little less creepy, and you don't have to stare at what he's eating)

I really liked animated Slimer as a kid (I know I'm weird... I also didn't mind Snarf or Orco) so having a mate that vaguely represents him over his kinda too creepy movie counterpart is a major plus for me... specially if he comes with a twirled blonde pompadour for Egon.

I agree... He kinda reminds me of the animated Slimer (he wasn't see through in cartoon, his expression is a little less creepy, and you don't have to stare at what he's eating)

I really liked animated Slimer as a kid (I know I'm weird... I also didn't mind Snarf or Orco) so having a mate that vaguely represents him over his kinda too creepy movie counterpart is a major plus for me...

Dude, he's a ghost. He's supposed to be all those things. Next you'll be telling me zombies should be cuddly. :D

I really liked animated Slimer as a kid (I know I'm weird... I also didn't mind Snarf or Orco) so having a mate that vaguely represents him over his kinda too creepy movie counterpart is a major plus for me...

Dude, he's a ghost. He's supposed to be all those things. Next you'll be telling me zombies should be cuddly. :D

HOLD THE PHONE! Zombies are not supposed to be cuddly? Then how do you explain this?

zombie-doll.jpg