UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

To continue the packaging pic phenom that is Ghostbusters, AA has posted pics of the finished wallet-breakers series. Yup, the Amazon 4-pack exclusive:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/05/ghos...-amazon-jungle/

Sadly, they're so proud that DSTEsti (that's DST Esti, BHM!! Gutter-brain :P) even says she'll autograph it. Oy vey. Like how the box says Amazon.com, though. :blush:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I was thinking they would just throw those in a plastic bag, but they actually have official-type packaging. . .makes it all the more tempting :(

Agreed... how much do you think my left kidney would fetch on the black market?

Looks good. To open or not to open, that's the question... Maybe I'll have to pre order another set so I can have one to open. Ugh....

well it's not like you can't resell the other stuff if you do that ;)

i'm sure there's people out there who would pay to get the slimer bust

and by reselling the extra game, you're automatically making back half

edit: I know myself well enough to know, I WILL be opening mine.

Edited by killcharlesdead

If you think you can re-sell the game for retail price, that is. To do that: a ) the game has to be good enough that people will want to buy it; and b ) you will have to sell it fairly quickly. The value of video games on the secondary market seems to go down very quickly.

I am sure that some will pay a bit for the Slimer statue. But my fear is that if I order this, I then won't want to sell the statue or keychain :(

Edited by karamazov80

Another thought is that these might not sell very well at all and get clearanced at some point. If they do, then I will definitely buy more. It's possible because it sounds like not too many people are going to order this just for the minimates, the price is way too high and the possibility of making the money back on the game and other stuff is not 100%. Gamers probably won't want the extra crap, so they'll order only the game. Hardcore GB fans may get it and not care about the minimates, or just keep them anyway. I'm sure we'll see a few sets of just the mates on ebay. It will be interesting nonetheless.

Pretty sure that's just comic shops (or anyone that orders from Diamond), but you never know TRU has carried a few box sets on their website before. TRU stores are supposed to get the Excl. ghost packs.

Anyone think it might be possible that they could sell this set as a website exclusive separate from the game?

Possible, yeah. But unlikely. I honestly think it's the only reason anybody would even buy the $130 dollar set. Nobody is gonna plop down and extra $60 for a Slimer bust, or a keychain. You gotta figure that the Minimates are honestly the biggest draw of the set, after the game, of course.

Anyone think it might be possible that they could sell this set as a website exclusive separate from the game?

In a nutshell ....yes! The Web Armour Spider-man AFX Exclusive is making a re-appearance why shouldn't these & is it only me that feels somewhat cheated by that fact alone? If the WASp is somehow 'different' then I will retract my comments unreservedly.

I don't think so. I guess in one of DST's Q&A Chuck mentioned that this is and will be an amazon exclusive package and keeping it as such an exclusive was the only way amazon was willing to cooperate with DST.

On the other hand, there always is a "what if"... :ninja:

From my understanding, DST sold the entire production run to Amazon, so it would be up to them what to do with it. If they have extras after their initial set of exclusives sells (or fails to sell), then we may well get these sold individually, possibly at a discount. But, it isn't like the AFX exclusive, which didn't provide as strong an incentive as Amazon is to moving the WAS figures, IMO (spend $40 on Minimates and get one for free or whatever it was). So depending on how many were produced, this may be the only way to get them. I don't think that we have enough information to really anticipate anything at this point.

Here's a question for anybody that might know-has Amazon done exclusive game bundle packs in the past? If so, that might give a better idea of what might happen if they don't sell out.

Also, I wonder if there's a forum for bust and statue collectors that are talking about how they have to buy the game to get Slimer and have to pay for those stupid Minimates and a keychain to get it. Just curious.

Also, I wonder if there's a forum for bust and statue collectors that are talking about how they have to buy the game to get Slimer and have to pay for those stupid Minimates and a keychain to get it. Just curious.

It won't be found at bustlovers.com, that's for sure.

So, does this:

The crazed pizza thrower: Chef

The “I like to burn things” Architect

The Constantly Misspelled Azeltor

And the Always Dirty Slime Monster!

help in determining which figure is which?

If you think you can re-sell the game for retail price, that is. To do that: a ) the game has to be good enough that people will want to buy it; and b ) you will have to sell it fairly quickly. The value of video games on the secondary market seems to go down very quickly.

I am sure that some will pay a bit for the Slimer statue. But my fear is that if I order this, I then won't want to sell the statue or keychain :(

yeah, no questioning that there wouldn't be really any way to make all your money back, or a guarantee to make any back... you'd definitely have to take a financial hit. unless we rob amazon's warehouse *shifty eyes*