UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particualrly if it's an AFX exclusive. Anyone want to comment on how much they paid for an exclusive web-spidey?

Nothing. It was free! . . .after I paid for $30 worth of other stuff, of course, plus their outrageous shipping prices. :sad:

I didn't have those changed uniforms in my mind as well. I realized it a few weeks ago when I watched the first one on DVD and the trailer for part two afterwards.

yeah,i love the movie,but i prefer the original tanish costume,but the blueish is good too

Edited by clayface1

I guess they are holding off, so that they can do a couple of 4-packs for that movie, like they did for the first one, where each member has the Ectoplasm-shooting gun or whatever it was.

I could be completely wrong, since I haven't seen the movie for a long time, but I thought only two of them wear those goo guns to coat the Statue of Liberty?

Edit: did a very quick Google search and I *may* just be thinking of the poster, which has Ray and Winston with the slime gear and the others wearing proton packs.

Also a GID Stay Puft seems really weird to me, since he's solid, and not a ghost... I'm sure the second 4-pack will have a regular version.

Edited by battlecat

I guess they are holding off, so that they can do a couple of 4-packs for that movie, like they did for the first one, where each member has the Ectoplasm-shooting gun or whatever it was.

I could be completely wrong, since I haven't seen the movie for a long time, but I thought only two of them wear those goo guns to coat the Statue of Liberty?

Edit: did a very quick Google search and I *may* just be thinking of the poster, which has Ray and Winston with the slime gear and the others wearing proton packs.

Also a GID Stay Puft seems really weird to me, since he's solid, and not a ghost... I'm sure the second 4-pack will have a regular version.

Ray and Winston were the only two equiped with slime-blowers.

I figure it's inevitable that we'll see a full Ghostbusters 2 set. Plenty of room to grow since they all had new uniforms in that movie.

Plus, it would make room to maybe give us a Janine figure.

Edited by Cowblaster

• 2 weeks later...

Oh bloody hell. Really?! I wasn't going to buy the game until it went on sale, but this is ridiculous. Those ghosts may only be in the game, but they look effing awsome. No way i can pass up a giant gator, a deranged dead chef, a...well i dunno what the white one is, or that awsome black one that i MUST HAVE.

Dammit DST. I don't have that kind of money, nor do i need a bust/ecto 1!!

Jeez, I was going to hold off on getting the game until I saw some reviews, but this really pushes me toward buying one "blind."

FYI, the Wii version is cheaper, but last I heard, is supposed to be a completely different game than the PS3/360 versions. Not surprising, if you know the graphical weaknesses of the Wii.

oooo theres a kicker....its on amazon.com which doesnt ship here(canada) but amazon.ca doesnt carry it, this really was the clincher for a game I was planning to buy anyways...just sweetens the pot as I can be a sucker for pack-ins, and totally sold on minimate pack-ins!

Jeff of the Miniacs

oooo theres a kicker....its on amazon.com which doesnt ship here(canada) but amazon.ca doesnt carry it, this really was the clincher for a game I was planning to buy anyways...just sweetens the pot as I can be a sucker for pack-ins, and totally sold on minimate pack-ins!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Do you have a friend or relative in the states? If yes, use their shipping address like I did. My pre-order went right through. Another option would be ask one of our american forum members if they'd be willing to receive the game for you after you purchased it from Amazon.com and ship it to you.

Is this an Amazon exclusive? I'm pretty sure If it were to be purchased at Gamestop, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper?

Just Googled and checked like 30 gaming sites with info. Yeah, unfortunately it's an Amazon exclusive. And it's being compared to the Fallout 3 and GoW 2 special editions. Apparently both sucked hard.

Is this an Amazon exclusive? I'm pretty sure If it were to be purchased at Gamestop, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper?

Just Googled and checked like 30 gaming sites with info. Yeah, unfortunately it's an Amazon exclusive. And it's being compared to the Fallout 3 and GoW 2 special editions. Apparently both sucked hard.

:sigh: Sorry DST, but I don't have $130...

And those guys are SO cool! :(

I won't buy any of those games - and since they're .com exclusives Iwouldn't be able anyway -, but that chef ghost looks really cool! And selling exclusive 'mates in such unexpected ways might get us even more excited and let us speculate about the strangest things... I mean, even more than usual. :geek:

What the Hell?!? Good-news for those that were planning on buying the game anyway, I guess. Some might turn-up loose on ebay, but I'm sure it'll be a scalper's paradise. Damn shame, these looked pretty cool.

I mentioned ages ago that this was the right time to get Ghostbusters product out, but damn. Minimate pack-ins in Special Edition videogames, who could have predicted that?

It's simultaneously very cool (for the brand exposure) and hard to take (for the expense/unavailability in all areas).

Strange times indeed. <insert gratuitous GB quote about cats and dogs living together>