UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I would've bought a Stay Puft maximate just for display. (Just imagine the looks on my non-minimate-collecting friends' faces when they come over to visit ) A maximate with articulation though would've been the CAT'S PAJAMAS. A giant white blank would've been a riot.

Oh well. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused about that myself. My guess is that they'll either make the first boxset a five-pack (I wish...) or release Slimer in a retailer exclusive two-pack (Question is, with who?) Then again maybe they'll put him in the second boxset...

Wow, I'm not really a Ghostbusters fan, but I probably need all of those! Heck even Zuul, the Keymaster Louis and Gatekeeper Dana look great and that's something that I never thought anyone could pull off!

NV!!! *glomps*

Okay, sorry.

*glomps again*

Sorry again.

Anyways, yeah, these are looking great!

wow,just wow, i love both movies,and just seeing these is amazing, they did a find job, now i only wish i didnt lose my ecto-1 toy car... stay puff is so worth the price!!!(also its great to hear the new ghostbusters game is coming out also)

Okay, show of hands: How many people would have bought an 8-inch Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man Minimate, if only for the oversized white body perfect for customizing?

I would have bought them by the case.

But I love what they've done with a 2" Marshmallow Man.

Since they started making movie Minimates, I've always ALWAYS said they should make Ghostbusters. And now, we're getting them!

If I can't get my hands on one of NECA's Stay Puft Marshmallow Man 15" figures, then I think I might just settle for that $20 coin bank Diamond's releasing. Also, with the resurgance of Ghostbusters merchandise this summer, I hope someone either comes up with or re-releases the diecast Ecto-1 (going for approx $200 online) to go along with these. The Ertl one was 1:21, which SHOULD be just the right size for Minimates.

As far as the figures go, they look spot-on to me (except for the black hands-- I think they should've used Captain America-style gloves painted black).

If this series sells well enough, maybe we'll get some Ghostbusters 2 minimates as well? Complete with slime tanks!

Here's hoping we see a Bill & Ted series next. . . .

The jumpsuit colours do look a bit light. I get that the film lighting etc makes them look darker onscreen, but if these are based on the film, then make them darker to match how they look. It's not rocket science! It's like Han's Hoth coat. It might not technically be blue, but if it LOOKS blue onscreen, make the damn thing blue. Sorry, I digress a bit.

Some of the likenesses aren't as spot-on as I'd hoped (on the Ghostbusters mainly, the supporting cast look great), but I still have really high hopes for the line. The mini-Stay Puft looks amazing.

I agree that they're planning a Slimer/Slimed Venkmen 2-pack as a future exclusive.

Really pleased to see the ghost trap and stream accessories too, as it echoes what I was saying about the licence being toyetic and having a lot of play value.

I can't wait for these. I think they're gonna be big, folks. I've said it before - DST are on to a real winner here. The selection of the sets, the execution, the timing, it's all there.

Man am I psyched for these mates! They all look so good. I couldn't see this posted before so apologies if it was but theres a large gallery on the Art Asylum website.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/ghostbusters-minimates

Since they started making movie Minimates, I've always ALWAYS said they should make Ghostbusters. And now, we're getting them!

If I can't get my hands on one of NECA's Stay Puft Marshmallow Man 15" figures, then I think I might just settle for that $20 coin bank Diamond's releasing. Also, with the resurgance of Ghostbusters merchandise this summer, I hope someone either comes up with or re-releases the diecast Ecto-1 (going for approx $200 online) to go along with these. The Ertl one was 1:21, which SHOULD be just the right size for Minimates.

As far as the figures go, they look spot-on to me (except for the black hands-- I think they should've used Captain America-style gloves painted black).

If this series sells well enough, maybe we'll get some Ghostbusters 2 minimates as well? Complete with slime tanks!

Here's hoping we see a Bill & Ted series next. . . .

How about trying on the Fantastic Four gloves? :O

Although the Stay Puft Minimate is a 'must-have' ....I like mine...

post-638-1234900049_thumb.jpg

I guess you can always buy the Minimate Stay Puft and pretend he's Stay Puft Jr. or something.. :P

And nice touch, putting the Tenth Doctor in there :D (He is the Tenth Doctor, right? I'm still not fully versed on Doctor Who lore.)