UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Thanks for posting that link minijeff. I read DSTEsti's blog post but didn't realize there were all those wonderful images to go with it.

Did anybody else check out the resolution of the poster image? 3750x5550! Sweet merciful crap! I sense a copyright infringement in my future. I'm loving all the sculpt shots too. One oddity on the Ray's control art it shows a combined goggle/headpiece, but his prototype photo shows the goggles separately.

I was a little apprehensive after seeing the TNI pic, but seeing the control art has made more excited than I was before. Can't wait. Bustin' makes me feel good!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm super impressed after seeing that control art. And I think the bulkiness on the jackets was exaggerated by the odd angle of that photo.

This looks like a grand slam.

---

I just noticed a cool little detail: Slimer's control art calls for translucent plastic on the body shell, and the minimate torso base has a decal of food on it.

EEeeeeeeeeeee! I want these.

Edited by Lobsterman

These look fantastic!

If Mattel wasn't already coming out with a line of toys, these would be my dream GB figures.

And the khaki on the figures is actually the correct color. Different lighting in the movies make it difficult to tell but those are the right colors.

...now I'm gonna have to get triples of these so I can have two terror dogs. :P

I think I might cry :sweat: These will be, I repeat will be the center piece of my minimate collection! I never thought DST could acquire a property that I would love more than Marvel, but they have! These are far and above the coolest minis I've seen, now where is my time machine so I can jump forward and have these in my hand? I'm so giddy :D

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

Wowowowowowowowowowow!!! :woot:

Yay control art! Gozer Dog TOTALLY wipes the floor with Muffit. I'm guessing this minimate will come with the extra pair of front legs for dog mode?

So Slimer is gonna come with a stand-thingy? Nice. I really prefer this to how Kubrick Slimer was executed (clear legs? :confused:) And that is ONE HELL OF A GHOST TRAP DESIGN! :D Looks a little ambitious though, I'd hate to be super-disappointed if DST doesn't push through with it.

Heh heh, possessed Dana is smokin' hot.

Looks like no colander for Louis Tully. (Early days yet... ;)) Kinda reminds me of Chef Duff's original control art: wasn't he supposed to come with a sort of mixing bowl-slash-hat or something?

So Stay Puft is gonna be regular minimate size. Oh well. Between the Abomination pelvis piece, the extra added girth and those new-sculpt boots (which I'm betting will be "lifts" like on Apocalypse) hopefully he'll be just fine. You don't think GB had the same size restriction in its license as Marvel, do you? :blink:

And I LOVE the four central Ghostbusters. Yeah, I was put off a bit by the jumpsuit color too but I really liked Brad's explanation for 'em. I probably could've done without Slimed Venkman though. (Seems to scream "50s Marty" to me.)

All in all: GIVE US THESE MINIMATES NOW!!! *drool*

Surprisingly, I'm really liking Dana and the Terror Dog. Something about about the jumpsuits doesn't look right. The color seems off, not brown enough. I always thought they were more of a khaki color. Maybe that's just because that's what all the cosplayers wear. :D

Gotta love those outfits - makes you wonder why they were never adapted into movies..... B)

Overall, these mates look absolutely fantastic! I'm really looking forward to all of these and especially love Stay Puft and the Slimmer attacked Venkman. Combined with T2, there are quite a few minimates being released that I can't wait to put on display. Now if they could only get those Doctor Who rights worked out and bring us a Robocop set....... ;)

wowowowowowwowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

and breath..........

Good golly miss molly those are friggin sweet!!!!

I cannot wait for these, even my wife said WOW! (thats a lot for her)

looks like this really is gonna be the year of the minimate

Dana and Gozer's dog look excellent! I'm a bit disappointed with the others. As mentioned in previous posts, the color appears off (could just be the image) and I'm not sure I care for the chest pieces (paint app. jumpers would suffice w/separate backpack and straps as used with Cap's shield-harness and belts w/ removable traps, etc.). I also feel the faces don't quite capture the characters with the exception of Dana Barrett who is dead-on.

I'm still excited for this Series, but I think that it could use a bit of tweaking before production. After seeing how they executed Gozer's dog, I'm more confident now that Slimer can be effectively minimatized (purists cover your eyes: though he'll probably be more of a sculpted piece with 'mate arms than anything).

*Whoops! I just now saw the design sheets, I guess I was right (except I also imagined a "bunch of hotdogs" piece to plug-in the mouth!). Stay-Puft...well, looks good but just not impressive at 2" (I think I could do without unless there were some way for him to be produced as a Maxi-mate). I'd prefer another ghost to 'bust' that is actually in-scale to the other figures.

Edited by cdubya

As mentioned in previous posts, the color appears off (could just be the image)

Those are the correct colors though.

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/9/

First picture shows what they look like in natural lighting. The following pictures from the first movie also show that the colors are nearly the same.

EDIT: I want a Ray Parker Jr. minimate now. :P

Edited by Brad Redfield

Some of the news that had been coming out(or not) from DST/AA lately had really started to test my patience. The Secret Invasion set was a huge disappointment whilst the continuing disinformation about BSG & Star Trek Mates had rocked my confidence in the line .............however.....

..........these Ghostbusters Minimates are absolutely sensational !

Edited by buttheadsmate