UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but we do know that there is a Slimer, so... let's ask the Delphic oracle. Go, go, go!

____

Edit: Oh and I just realized that the - damn, don't mix the technical terms! - Proton packs aren't connected via a proton stream carrying cable with the proton stream controll gun thingys. Is it just me or is this kinda odd?

Edited by Bob Harris

Picked one of these up from an Ebay auction: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/pl_ecto1.htm

There's a few better pieces out there such as the expensive diecast and another (more detailed...though I believe it's GB 2)model from AMT, but I went with this one because I thought the simplicity of it complemented the aesthetics of Minimates better...and it was cheaper (I payed $20). It says 1/24, so I'm hoping that the seats will be right for 'mates and since it's "snap-together" I figure I will be able to separate the body from the chassis to put the crew inside without having to modify the doors to open (though I'd like to try...a slide-out rack for the backpacks would be sweet!). I can't wait to get this to see if it will work for 'mates as well as the AMT Enterprise bridge did! B)

Picked one of these up from an Ebay auction: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/pl_ecto1.htm

There's a few better pieces out there such as the expensive diecast and another (more detailed...though I believe it's GB 2)model from AMT, but I went with this one because I thought the simplicity of it complemented the aesthetics of Minimates better...and it was cheaper (I payed $20). It says 1/24, so I'm hoping that the seats will be right for 'mates and since it's "snap-together" I figure I will be able to separate the body from the chassis to put the crew inside without having to modify the doors to open (though I'd like to try...a slide-out rack for the backpacks would be sweet!). I can't wait to get this to see if it will work for 'mates as well as the AMT Enterprise bridge did! B)

Let us know if Minimates actually work with this once you get it together. I have been eying it up myself.

So, you were the one that outbid me.

Well, one of quite a few I'm afraid...sorry. I expected to breeze-in and grab one for about $10 (like the AMT Enterprise Bridge), but apparently there are many others who had the same idea! There's been a few of these items on auction lately, and all have had quite a few hits; sounds like good news for the 'mates.

There is a site: hobbyroad.com (my ace-in-the-hole if the bidding went too high) that has these for $2 more than I paid if you act quickly. Good-Luck!

How in the blue hell did you get a 10th DOctor Rob?

HOW????

Just asking, but why not post that in the Doctor Wh othread...seeing as it was shown there...and has nothing to do with Ghostbusters at all...;)

Just kidding, but all the same in a nicer tone. In all serious, though: He made it. All the parts of from existing minimates, and it isn't hard to print out a card for the pack. Hell, the Cyberman is a Downloaded Cylon.

And, to keep this post on-topic, that is a hot Ecto-1. Made from wood, you say?? Huh; it's not me nor do i need it, but it's very nice.

Also, anyone going to try to track down that variant "angry-face" Stay Puft bank?? Looks bettr than the happier version, i must say.

Proton packs aren't connected via a proton stream carrying cable with the proton stream controll gun thingys. Is it just me or is this kinda odd?

One apparent improvement of the Kubrick versions over their Minimate counterparts. If the Minimates don't come with "carrying cables," then I'll probably modify them so that they have one.

http://smalljoes.com/supplies-hose.shtml

Edited by karamazov80

I watched 'Ghostbusters' tonight.....I mean 'observed' every little facet of this jewel of a movie. I haven't seen it since it first came out but it's still fresh......Sigourney still looks hot ......so does Stay Puft.

If these don't happen ....AA owe me now for the Stay Puft & the Ecto-1's I snagged on ebay today.

AA owe me now for the Stay Puft & the Ecto-1's I snagged on ebay today.

Are you going to "army build" the NECA Stay Puft Marshmallow Men? That would be quite a sight!

Edited by karamazov80

AA owe me now for the Stay Puft & the Ecto-1's I snagged on ebay today.

Are you going to "army build" the NECA Stay Puft Marshmallow Men? That would be quite a sight!

Sorry my punctuation is affected by lager. I already have a Stay Pissed but I snagged the Kenner & the die-cast 'Joyride' in the same auction. Mind you ....army building :rolleyes:

One apparent improvement of the Kubrick versions over their Minimate counterparts. If the Minimates don't come with "carrying cables," then I'll probably modify them so that they have one.

http://smalljoes.com/supplies-hose.shtml

I guess I can live with no "carrying cables" if this becomes a logistical problem for DST. The scenario I keep imagining involves those lousy arm cables on Apocalypse that keep hampering his articulation.

I got my Polar Lights Ecto-1 model in the mail today, and the verdict is...perfect scale! :banana:

I haven't put it together yet, as I plan on doing a little painting first, but I did a dry-run with a Galactica 'mate (since they have a bulky chest-piece) and the seats are just right.

I've been searching for Stay-Puft auctions, but I've decided that for the price the DST bank will work nicely (looks to be about 7-8" tall. Please give him rotating arms and head).

• 4 weeks later...
Edit: Oh and I just realized that the - damn, don't mix the technical terms! - Proton packs aren't connected via a proton stream carrying cable with the proton stream controll gun thingys. Is it just me or is this kinda odd?

Looks like the backpack will be connected to the wand with a piece of black string. I foundthis image in the AA gallery.

There's also another group in there that shows how the MM poster was made. I'm looking forward to the writeup blog.