UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America in the movies

rsprin

The excuse that the character doesn't look "realistic" with a helmet just doesn't fly for me if you're going to put that big goofy red cape on him...

My point precisely. Like Cap he still looks pretty good though, all things considered.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the Thor outfit looks almost too... modern... If the story is almost entirely Asgard as the rumors (and director) have stated, the outfit should look less like Ultimate Thor and more like the Thor Reborn (which I find to be a realistic yet classical version. IMHO freakin perfect.). They seem to be melding items from Reborn in there, but the look is just a little too much Ultimate.

Ultimate Thor was created to look like he was SUPPOSED to mingle with us common folk. We never saw him in Asgard and I have to imagine he'd look completely different. Now if this was The Avengers for this costume I'd love every facet of it. But this movie's Thor is not meant to be the on earth Thor, it's the Asgard Thor. And this costume just looks too earthly for an Asgardian suit.

According to IGN this looks MUCH better when it's in motion, kicking ass and taking names. We'll see.

I'm excited for the Loki concept art honestly. And Johnston better put a freakin SWASTIKA on the freakin RED SKULL! Offensive or not this guy deserves one!

I don't see why they would not put a swastika on the Red Skull. The movie will likely be rated PG-13 and it takes place during WW2 where Cap will be fighting the Nazis. That said, I do not think that any accompanying toys will have swastikas.

• 1 month later...

surfing the net being a bum i found this its concept art of Captain America his outfit and it actually looks pretty freakin awsome (imo) of course but anyway wanted to share this with everyone here

here is the link

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/02/ca...t-leaks-online/

post-3300-1278308099_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
surfing the net being a bum i found this its concept art of Captain America his outfit and it actually looks pretty freakin awsome (imo) of course but anyway wanted to share this with everyone here

here is the link

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/02/ca...t-leaks-online/

This was posted on one of my fav online movie sites from SDCC not sure on how authentic but it does look ok

post-179-1280049069_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Just found some concept artwork for the Red Skull from the upcoming Captain America movie. Both uniforms look great. The face also looks amazing. If this is indeed the final look of Red Skull, it'll make for some great minimates. Enjoy!

Red Skull concept art.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So do you guys think Captain America will keep this look (costume) when he eventually kicks butt in the modern day? I know he'll be sporting 2 different costumes in the movie (USO campy costume and the battle uniform we've all seen), but I wonder if he'll wear something more modern after he wakes up in the 21st century.

So do you guys think Captain America will keep this look (costume) when he eventually kicks butt in the modern day? I know he'll be sporting 2 different costumes in the movie (USO campy costume and the battle uniform we've all seen), but I wonder if he'll wear something more modern after he wakes up in the 21st century.

I'd have thought without doubt they're update/upgrade his modern day gear in some way, whether its just giving him a costume using modern materials, new shield or what not. I suppose it also depends on what stage this film ends, and Cap's role/introduction in the Avengers... he could well come around, with Stark & SHIELD having prepared him some fancy new stuff to use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...