UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America in the movies

rsprin

The new poster is out as well. Does anybody else find it strange that in the 2 CA posters that are out there, Cap is not wearing his mask. He's in full costume, but no mask. Did the studio want everybody to know it was Chris Evans under the cowl? I'm sure somebody will post a feasible reason, but imagine all the Batman or Spider-Man movie posters out there.... now picture the actors not wearing their masks on them. It's a head scratcher all right. :wacko:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new poster is out as well. Does anybody else find it strange that in the 2 CA posters that are out there, Cap is not wearing his mask. He's in full costume, but no mask. Did the studio want everybody to know it was Chris Evans under the cowl? I'm sure somebody will post a feasible reason, but imagine all the Batman or Spider-Man movie posters out there.... now picture the actors not wearing their masks on them. It's a head scratcher all right. :wacko:

For the same reason most of the Thor posters and half of the Green Lantern and Iron Man posters didn't have masks/helmets ... so that more women/wives/girlfriends/dates/etc would go with us fanboys to see the movies. It also states that there's more to these movies than just the costume :biggrin:

Really love the grenade bit. Makes several points about Steve very quickly. Looks better with every trailer.

The conspiracy continues :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from seeing Cap, and it was absolutely amazing. Chris Evans nailed Steve Rogers. All of the supporting cast did a great job. They had a ton of material to fit into this movie, but everything flowed very well. I am definitely planning on seeing this one in the theater again.

Saw it last night and thought it was awesome! What a great period piece. I would have made a few changes here and there, but overall very pleased with the final product. A scene that stood out for me was the radio chatter between Steve and Peggy nearing the end of the film. Very reminiscent of the conversation between George Kirk and his wife from the opening scene of Abrams' ST flick. :closedeyes:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Saw it yesterday and I'm seeing it again today. As has been said, Chris Evans is perfectly cast and I was doubtful since he already played The Human Torch. And even if the movie was bad I'd see it again - two words: Hayley Atwell.

everyones already said my two cents, so ill just add on by saying the cameo they threw in at the stark expo was flaming awesome ;)

and i JUST realized thats how SHIELD gets flying cars! :P

Edited by undeadpool

I saw it and also loved it. Chris Evans was great in that role. Red Skull looked amazing and the scrawny Steve Rogers was done well also. I did wonder a couple of times during the movie why some Hydra soldiers died, I mean several times they just fell over for no apparent reason. Maybe I miss what hit them but several times they just fell over. . . . . anyhoo great movie wish we could get some more minimates for it.

I saw it and also loved it. Chris Evans was great in that role. Red Skull looked amazing and the scrawny Steve Rogers was done well also.

Between the Red Skull and little Stevie, this movie deserves whatever special effects awards it can get. Those characters blended in seamlessly. Laser guns be damned, it's the subtle stuff that impresses me most. Like everyone else, I thought this movie was great. I felt like an 8 year old the whole time. I think I probably enjoyed it more than I did Iron Man. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Cap.

I really love the symbolism that was brought out, moreso than any other material that I've read. Red Skull was part of the master race, and thought himself worthy above all. The serum didn't work on him. Cap was just some kid from Brooklyn, and thought others more worthy than himself. That was why the serum worked. They even said as much in that scene with the two of them, and Red Skull got angry. It was a very Superman/Das Ubermench moment.

I finally got a chance to watch it,and it was freaking amazing!Superb acting and editing,my one problem though is the montage seemed rushed,and I didn't except the thing that happened to Bucky happen in this movie,also what cameo undeadpool?

So damn good. However I wouldn't say it was as good as X-Men First Class. I'd put it on the level of Thor honestly which is also on the level of the Incredible Hulk and above Iron Man 2 but below Iron Man. Seriously the Avengers movies that are not Iron Man movies have all felt like the same level of quality to me. Which is to say pretty damn good. It's not my favorite movie of this summer (that's Hallows 2) but it was quite a lot of fun.

Fun things I noticed:

Seems we know how Thor is getting back to Earth now. If you noticed when Skull was ripped into the Void by the cube, it looked oddly enough like what one can see as one stands at the end of the Bifrost in Asgard. As the Bifrost has been confirmed to have superweapon levels of energy in it and was used as such and Skull put the cube to that use as well and as the cube's blasting of the Skull looked like a miniature version of the Bifrost's effect, this supports my earlier argument that the Cube is connected to, or part of, the Bifrost. If it can be used to beam Hugo Weaving into the middle of nowhere it can sure as hell beam Thor here.

So they totally managed to put in one of the Invaders. I was kinda surprised to see him.

post-1316-0-61152500-1311632547_thumb.jp

He was in the World's Fair behind a glass.

Also I love how they have a montage of nothing but Cap punching Hitler in many cities. This made me happy.

Great little movie. Well worth the admission price.

Edited by Trekker 42

I saw it today, and while I enjoyed it, there were 2 things that I took issue with:

- I hate when movies focus on characters that have ZERO intorductions. Sure, I knew that was Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Falsworth, etc, but would it truly have hurt the runtime of the movie to actually introduce these characters by name to the audience?

- The montage in the middle of the movie of Captain America being a bad-ass. THAT was what I wanted to see more of, and I feel like we only really got a small glimpse of Cap in action.

Again, I enjoyed it, but would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if it was just 10 or 15 minutes longer to better develop the supporting characters and show more of Cap in action.

Meanwhile, if you enjoyed both this movie and the Arkham Asylum videogame, check out the Captain America videogame. It takes place during the time of the 'montage' and deals with Cap and the "Invaders" storming Baron Zemo's family castle, which Zola and the Skull are using to develop super-soldiers of their own. Lots of great classic Cap villains, Iron Cross, Madame Hydra, Baron Von Strucker, Zola's robot, etc. The combat is very good, and is overall just a lot of fun. The play mechanics are obviosly copied from Arkham Asylum, and it works!

Oh yeah I noticed his costume but I thought he was talking about a talking roll.Also trekker,I had almost the same exact thoughts of you (what you said in the spoilers) and the punching hitler scene was priceless.P.S:Did the spiderman trailer show at your theater,cause it never showed at my theater,but I did watch the trailer when it was leaked

Oh yeah I noticed his costume but I thought he was talking about a talking roll.Also trekker,I had almost the same exact thoughts of you (what you said in the spoilers) and the punching hitler scene was priceless.P.S:Did the spiderman trailer show at your theater,cause it never showed at my theater,but I did watch the trailer when it was leaked

No sign of it in my theater, but my theater is notorious for playing less than the trailers released with the film. Potter didn't get a DKR trailer either. I got Mission Impossible and probably the 40000000000000000th Planet of the Apes trailer I've seen so far. (Thankfully it was a different trailer as I have seen the first theatrical trailer alongside EVERY movie I've seen since the end of May in that theater. And I see a lot of movies.)

I saw it today, and while I enjoyed it, there were 2 things that I took issue with:

- I hate when movies focus on characters that have ZERO intorductions. Sure, I knew that was Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Falsworth, etc, but would it truly have hurt the runtime of the movie to actually introduce these characters by name to the audience?

- The montage in the middle of the movie of Captain America being a bad-ass. THAT was what I wanted to see more of, and I feel like we only really got a small glimpse of Cap in action.

Again, I enjoyed it, but would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if it was just 10 or 15 minutes longer to better develop the supporting characters and show more of Cap in action.

Meanwhile, if you enjoyed both this movie and the Arkham Asylum videogame, check out the Captain America videogame. It takes place during the time of the 'montage' and deals with Cap and the "Invaders" storming Baron Zemo's family castle, which Zola and the Skull are using to develop super-soldiers of their own. Lots of great classic Cap villains, Iron Cross, Madame Hydra, Baron Von Strucker, Zola's robot, etc. The combat is very good, and is overall just a lot of fun. The play mechanics are obviosly copied from Arkham Asylum, and it works!

See, I was the opposite. I think that up until the montage, the movie was 5 stars. After Cap returns from freeing the POWs, the movie drops to 3 stars. The first 3/5ths were worlds better than the rest of the movie. And that was the most action-less part. I think this is honestly a case of "We need plot. Eh, just do some action-y stuff" Where as I wanted more introspection, some more dialog, and 0% CGI